The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"As a primary logo, the orca isn't going anywhere"

tas

The Detroit News ranked all 30 NHL uniforms. Not surprisingly, the Canucks were ranked 24th.

http://www.detroitnews.com/media/cinematic/gallery/30120045/ted-kulfan-ranks-nhl-uniforms-1-30/

Their comment regarding the Canucks:

24. Vancouver Canucks: There are more than just a few fans who would love to see the Canucks bring back the hockey stick logo. The killer whale / "C" combination just doesn't get it done.

The Detroit News ranked all 30 NHL uniforms. Not surprisingly, the Canucks were ranked 24th.

http://www.detroitnews.com/media/cinematic/gallery/30120045/ted-kulfan-ranks-nhl-uniforms-1-30/

Their comment regarding the Canucks:

24. Vancouver Canucks: There are more than just a few fans who would love to see the Canucks bring back the hockey stick logo. The killer whale / "C" combination just doesn't get it done.

Detoilet news eh..christ you cartoon cowboys are starting to reach out into the menusha.

Detoilet news eh..christ you cartoon cowboys are starting to reach out into the menusha.

Shockingly, he ranks Detroit as number 3.

I wonder if they have the same discussions there - a bicycle wheel has nothing to do with hockey...

I think the orca is a great symbol for our hockey club. We live on the west coast, orcas are a big part of our culture and the province makes huge money on whale watching. Walk around any BC city you will some form of art work that involves orcas. Plus the logo has outgrown it's old meaning and for younger fans developed a whole new one. I can say the same thing about the jersey colors, white for snow, blue for the ocean or rain and green for our forests all things that define a big part of BC.

Archived