The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think Bo Horvat can be a 1st line center in the future?

Gretzky to Lemieux

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I recently made a thread about whether or not you guys thought Virtanen and Baertschi can develop into 1st line wingers. The responses were pretty even. Some people said yes while others said one of them could become a 1st liner. A lot of you guys responded in that thread saying that we must first see them make the NHL then decide. Well Horvat has 1 year under his belt so I think we could do a little predicting here. Most of us has Bo penciled in as the future 2nd line anchor and Mccann as the 1st line center, but with the way he played in the last part of the regular season last year, do you think he can surprise us and become a future 1st line center in 3-5 years?

My estimation of Horvat's potential has changed notably in the past year. A year ago, I would have put him as a 3rd-liner or maybe a 2nd-liner if things went well. That said, I've seen some offensive potential that I didn't expect this year. As a result, I can see him becoming a first-line centre. Even so, a 2nd-line centre isn't bad either.

I voted yes, but he absolutely needs to take the next step this upcoming year, getting into the 2nd line role. Him and Sutter will basically be a coin flip right now on who is going to be the 2nd line center. I definitely predict a winger for D deal coming up pretty quick here.

Archived