The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama supposedly to kill Keystone XL in August, Anonymous leak suggests it's retaliation for Harper spying on US Gov

Mr. Ambien

No doubt. Trump is the biggest clown in that political circus that has a good chunk of Murica's attention that is all. Those thinking he is part of the soultion and not the problem need to sign up for that mission to Mars lol.

787d256490fed8c3acb5ea7ca1102c01.gif

there's a mission to Mars?  Cool!  I'm in.

Dollar wise. Do you know how much of that is interest from the 6 trillion Bush added?

The country was a mess after the recession in 2008 because of Bush's failed policies. The spending Obama made was to try and pull the country out of a tailspin. 

People were out of work, the auto industry was failing, and the country had to increase military spending because of the Hornets nest Bush stirred up.

excuses pal.Mulroney ran up massive debt, Chretien balanced the books and had big surpluses. World was in recession Harper kept Canada positioned well through it. Its all about choices you make. The Americans could cut there defence budget by 75% for 5 years look at the money that would save. Obama could stop taxing the hell out of job creator's then maybe big business would invest more. It all comes down to choices.

The Americans could cut there defence budget by 75% for 5 years look at the money that would save. 

Could they though?

That would have created a very dangerous situation based on what was happening in 2008. 

And it's the military industrial complex. You don't spend trillions on planes, tanks, and ships to have them sit there collecting dust.

excuses pal.Mulroney ran up massive debt, Chretien balanced the books and had big surpluses. World was in recession Harper kept Canada positioned well through it.

Mulroney was also Prime Minister during a recession. Chretien took over during an economic boom in the 90's. Big difference.

Obama took over at the beginning of a recession directly caused in large part to 8 years of Bush's failed policies.

Harper can't take much credit for Canada being in a good position, any more than he can take blame for the recession.

Mulroney was also Prime Minister during a recession. Chretien took over during an economic boom in the 90's. Big difference.

Obama took over at the beginning of a recession directly caused in large part to 8 years of Bush's failed policies.

Harper can't take much credit for Canada being in a good position, any more than he can take blame for the recession.

Im not picking political sides but actually the Conservatives did alright during the storm. I mean houses at an all time high and the countless finance ministers and finance institutions that praised his Governments policies. Again im not taking political sides as i gave credit to Mr Chretien and Mr Harper as they both deserve it in my opinion.

What Im trying to say is you have to play the hand you're dealt. Take Alberta for example, the Notley Government is scaring folks here due to raising corporate taxes and threatening a royalty review while oil is at basement prices. It scares investment. Certainly royalties and taxes can go up but it must be done at an appropriate time. Big business doesn't need Canada or the United States.

excuses pal.Mulroney ran up massive debt, Chretien balanced the books and had big surpluses. World was in recession Harper kept Canada positioned well through it. Its all about choices you make. The Americans could cut there defence budget by 75% for 5 years look at the money that would save. Obama could stop taxing the hell out of job creator's then maybe big business would invest more. It all comes down to choices.

Mulroney got stuck with Trudeau's massive debt at extremely high interest rates, as high as 21%.

The huge costs of merely servicing the debt made actually paying it down impossible, especially since the electorate was very entitled at that point and weren't going to accept any significant cutbacks let alone the full blown austerity measures needed at that point.

Chretien and company deserve credit for finally getting a handle on the debt in the '90s, but it was essentially a matter of cleaning up their own mess.

Ring Ring... "Hello"

"Hi,Justin, Barry O here congrats on the election... btw Keystone is dead."

"Oh, I'm disappointed, but whatever you say you're in charge. We'll just ship it out on your friends railways. Oh I'm bringing in 25,000 muslims who have no skills and only read 1 book. Should only cost us a billion or so and hopefully some of them don't plot to kill us."

"Great sounds like a good plan. Barrack out."

Ring Ring... "Hello"

"Hi,Justin, Barry O here congrats on the election... btw Keystone is dead."

"Oh, I'm disappointed, but whatever you say you're in charge. We'll just ship it out on your friends railways. Oh I'm bringing in 25,000 muslims who have no skills and only read 1 book. Should only cost us a billion or so and hopefully some of them don't plot to kill us."

"Great sounds like a good plan."

lol you're ridiculous

Just drove from Williston North Dakota to Alberta yesterday. I counted 6 huge trains with only oil cars... All BNSF, all Buffet.

Berkshire is a huge oil sands investor, a pipeline WILL be built when they feel the time is right. Oil over rail is idiotic. 

Just drove from Williston North Dakota to Alberta yesterday. I counted 6 huge trains with only oil cars... All BNSF, all Buffet.

Berkshire is a huge oil sands investor, a pipeline WILL be built when they feel the time is right. Oil over rail is idiotic. 

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/07/in-spiking-keystone-obama-puts-pipeline-pressure-on-trudeau

Obama relied heavily on the argument that, in rejecting Keystone, he was doing something about reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

This is complete nonsense, of course. An earlier State Department report concluded, quite correctly, that the oil locked in the clay and sand of northern Alberta and Saskatchewan is coming out of the ground, Keystone or not.

And that bitumen is still going to refiners in the U.S. But without the extra cross-border capacity that Keystone would have provided, that Western crude is going to be shipped by rail.

As Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall noted Friday, in 2008, 9,500 rail cars carrying crude crossed the border into the U.S. Last year, nearly half a million rail cars carried crude south. That number is only going to grow.

barack-obama-and-warren-buffett.jpg

Here’s how big Berkshire Hathaway Inc. has gotten: At the end of the third quarter, a subsidiary of one of its subsidiaries bought some 25,000 tank cars from General Electric Co. and didn’t bother disclosing the purchase price.

Turns out it paid about $1 billion.

Gee wonder why he needs 25,000 tankers?  rich keep getting richer rubes. it's not about the climate.

Archived