The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver teen dies after suspected fentanyl overdose.

Grapefruits

Lol

Eating/Injesting something you have no idea where it came from or what it is

Sounds pretty stupid to me

That can be said for anything a person eats or drinks that they don't grow themselves. Do you buy from a grocery store? Do you know what pesticides or herbicides are on them? No? You must be stupid then.

That can be said for anything a person eats or drinks that they don't grow themselves. Do you buy from a grocery store? Do you know what pesticides or herbicides are on them? No? You must be stupid then.

Wow. Store bought food = street bought drugs.

Really?

If your response to this is to single out the kid for being stupid you are a bit sociopathic. And its not necessarily that simple.

So what would you call this

Apparently this kid was smart, had a head on his shoulders, was well liked, etc..., He must know right from wrong, right??

Looks like a stupid decision on his part to even take the drugs

Don't tell me peer pressure this peer pressure that

So what would you call this

Apparently this kid was smart, had a head on his shoulders, was well liked, etc..., He must know right from wrong, right??

Looks like a stupid decision on his part to even take the drugs

Don't tell me peer pressure this peer pressure that

Peer pressure this, peer pressure that.

3079517.jpg

Lol don't be ridiculous

This is not even close to being the same

According to the guy I quoted it is. He said ANYTHING you ingest that you don't know where it came from.

And yes, sugar and caffeine are both drugs. They are both addictive and manipulate your body. The crap that is in our food is every bit as dangerous as drugs you buy off the street. You can, in a way, OD from Big Macs, in that eat enough of that garbage and you can have a heart attack. And pesticides such as RoundUp are linked to cancer. Not to mention the food additives, colouring, etc.

But it's much sexier to talk about drugs and not the epidemic of poisons we all ingest on a regular basis.

According to the guy I quoted it is. He said ANYTHING you ingest that you don't know where it came from.

And yes, sugar and caffeine are both drugs. They are both addictive and manipulate your body. The crap that is in our food is every bit as dangerous as drugs you buy off the street. You can, in a way, OD from Big Macs, in that eat enough of that garbage and you can have a heart attack. And pesticides such as RoundUp are linked to cancer. Not to mention the food additives, colouring, etc.

But it's much sexier to talk about drugs and not the epidemic of poisons we all ingest on a regular basis.

I think it's pretty obvious what he was talking about it if you read between the lines even 5%.

Although I do agree that it's important to be informed about what we eat.

No it isn't.

To compare sugar and caffeine to prescription drugs, heroin and crack is ridiculous.

No it isn't.

To compare sugar and caffeine to prescription drugs, heroin and crack is ridiculous.

Honestly, the vast majority of problems nowadays stem from store bought food and consumption, along with sedentary lifestyle, not even from illegal drugs. Take liver damage. It used to be drug induced hepatitis and alcoholic based liver disease (fatty liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis, etc.), now it's non alcoholic liver disease -- just about entirely associated with diet and exercise. Heart disease also used to be primarily from smoking and drugs, now it's mainly from high sugar, sodium, and fat diets (especially caffeinated sodas like Coke, or energy drinks which skyrocket the heart rate). We really need to change what we prioritize, by the attention we give, away from drugs and toward every day lifestyle.

Honestly, the vast majority of problems nowadays stem from store bought food and consumption, along with sedentary lifestyle, not even from illegal drugs. Take liver damage. It used to be drug induced hepatitis and alcoholic based liver disease (fatty liver, cirrhosis, hepatitis, etc.), now it's non alcoholic liver disease -- just about entirely associated with diet and exercise. Heart disease also used to be primarily from smoking and drugs, now it's mainly from high sugar, sodium, and fat diets (especially caffeinated sodas like Coke, or energy drinks which skyrocket the heart rate). We really need to change what we prioritize, by the attention we give, away from drugs and toward every day lifestyle.

Things like sugar, caffeine and sodium are fine when used in moderation. A sedentary lifestyle is something that can be changed.

As this story shows, one poor decision can end a life when it comes to drugs.

It all comes down to choice. If your diet consists of multiple liters of co-cola and a family sized bag of cheese doodles on the reg, well, you're goan have a bad time.

Some people make smart decisions, others...not smart decisions.

Things like sugar, caffeine and sodium are fine when used in moderation. A sedentary lifestyle is something that can be changed.

As this story shows, one poor decision can end a life when it comes to drugs.

Drinking enough soda or energy drinks can cause a heart attack. It's a risk every time people go nuts with those, or go nuts with Jager bombs.

Drugs have more potency, but as far as what the bigger deal is, drugs are about on par with guns. Every day lifestyle like food is a far greater impact on society's health than drugs.

It all comes down to choice. If your diet consists of multiple liters of co-cola and a family sized bag of cheese doodles on the reg, well, you're goan have a bad time.

Some people make smart decisions, others...not smart decisions.

You must have quoted the wrong person. I'm not discussing whether or not one should make smart decisions. I'm criticizing people for focusing so much on drugs and not a far bigger problem.

How about we keep the focus on educating kids about drugs and the risk of taking them........

Buuuuuuuuut,

Also focus on healthy food and lifestyle choices!?!?!?

Imagine! Getting two birds stoned at once!

Active, healthy, drug free. watch the health care system right itself and, and pharm companies relinquish a little bit of control over "our" lives.

I know.

Crazy talk.

Archived