The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 Rugby World Cup

Bill Sikes

Tough start. It was always going to be an uphill battle but I felt we could have done better - a couple of poor decisions, the set pieces were f*&^%ing terrible. Yellow card (bad judgement on Cudmore's part) early in the game was the nail in the coffin. Overall pretty solid defense, held the Irish off for a good chunk of the second half. Stuff to build on anyway.

Those last five minutes in the JAP/RSA game were goosebump inducing. What a call to take the scrum. I love this game.

As an aside, I noticed that after the Ireland game that players don't trade jerseys anymore. Kind of made me sad.

Yeah, All Blacks just too strong and deep. You knew it would be a decent game though - Argentina has been playing well lately. All of the favourites seem to be having slow starts or not being as dominant as expected.

Not a great match for All Blacks, but their depth really shone through. Like Canada in hockey, they could probably field two full teams in the top 10. That said, very sloppy in the backfield for NZ......theyll have to tighten that up in the playoff round.

Not sure what to make of SA right now. Japan didnt give up and the Bocks just seemed overconfident and it jumped up and bit them.

Right now, from the teams that have played, I like....

Nz

Ireland

France

I wouldn't say Japan is easy, but I'm sure they're feeling the effects of an 80+ minute clash with the Springboks. It's not as certain that they'll perform as well against Scotland as this could have been a game they managed to hold together because of emotion in part. They certainly didn't look as good only a month or two ago in the Pacific Nations Cup (winning only one game and losing to Tonga on the final day).

Well it looks like Scotland were not to be denied. A battle of wills and Japan may have taken too much out of themselves against SA. (although they didn't look tired until the game was out of their grasp and even then they came back well at the end)

Scotland looked sharp. I would say the group is wide open now.

Archived