Louis Domingue: 2 Years, $850,000 Per

Philadelphia Flyers phi_zpszialv8ow.jpg:

Nick Jensen: 2 Years, $600,000 Per

Daniel Cleary: 1 Year, $750,000

San Jose Sharks sj_zpsvtif7pve.jpg:

Patrick Bordeleau: 1 Year, $850,000 Per

medium.png

Vancouver Canucks announce extensions of star players Kopitar and Yandle

With training camp in full swing and excitement building in Vancouver ahead of the puck drop on the 2015/16 season, Canucks General Manager Captain Woodget today confirmed that star players Anze Kopitar and Keith Yandle have been signed to multi-year extensions.

"Both these guys are absolutely crucial to our franchise," said a delighted Woodget. "I wanted to get them signed before the season so that the fans, the media and, most importantly, the players themselves, can concentrate on hockey rather than the off-the-ice distractions.

"I see Anze as a franchise player, a building block around whom we will win multiple Stanley Cups. He is one of the premier two-way players in the league, a colossus, someone whom young players look up to and veterans respect and want to play for. As our captain, Anze epitomises everything that I want our team to be - competitive, driven, and committed to the cause. While I will not confirm the value of his extension, I will say that we feel his contract is commensurate to his value to the franchise and that we look forward to seeing him leading this team for the next 9 seasons.

"We acquired Keith a few weeks ago as I was concerned at our lack of offensive production on the blue line. To have locked up Keith's services for the next 7 years means we can build a defensive corps around him that will allow our team to compete against the very best forward lines out there. With Braden Holtby also signed long term, I am delighted that we have three core players around whom we can build. I am sure that our fans will be pleased with this announcement and that this once again signals our intent to win Cups for the franchise."

A rather stunning announcement from the Canucks GM, coming after an excellent draft for the team and the acquisition of Yandle a fortnight ago. With the Canucks looking good in training camp, will this be the year for the long-suffering fans of this team?

cdcpucklogo1_zpsq04f6fje.jpg

REMINDER: contract discussions with UFAs / RFAs

As you will see, UFA/RFA re-signings are now in the process of being negotiated and agreed. There are 12 days left before the new season begins so if you are minded to have your future roster more secure before the season starts, please send in enquiries to be sent to Drewismyname. Decisions will be put to a vote between all commissioners.

As previously stated, teams are permitted to discuss a new contract with two pending UFAs/RFAs only at this time; not all players will wish to discuss contracts in-season; an enquiry made to a player will count as a discussion, so choose your offers wisely. Player agents will act in the players' interests. Hometown discounts may be given, or exorbitant requests made. It is up to GMs to manage their future cap situation and any GMs signing their team into future financial difficulties will be placed under intense scrutiny by the league.

cdcpucklogo1_zpsq04f6fje.jpg

FA Signings

Philadelphia Flyers phi_zpszialv8ow.jpg:

Nick Jensen: 2 Years, $600,000 Per

Daniel Cleary: 1 Year, $750,000

The Flyers welcome Daniel Cleary and Nick Jensen to the organization!

In Daniel Cleary we feel we have brought in a leader and someone who still has the drive to compete at a high level night in and night out. We are looking forward to a rejuvenated season by Daniel and he will help mentor our youth coming up through our organization as well.

With the acquisition of Nick Jensen the Flyers bring in a very serviceable young defender who we feel fortunate to have come to terms with as many regard Nick as a top defense prospect at this stage in his career. He has an outside chance of making the roster out of Training Camp, he will be given every opportunity to do so.

Why did everyone on my team dip down in points? All my d-men were above 3 ppg before, now they're not.

Seems the scoring has been altered in Fantrax.

I was wondering what was wrong. Is this just a temporarily thing?

It's Fantrax's projected stats. You can change the scoring back to the 2014-15 stats though.

They're also not completed from what I can tell. Some players still have all 0's.

That would make sense. They probably just put points

Looks like just G, A, +/-, GWG for skaters. W, OTL, SO for goalies so far.

So it's just temporarily? My team went from "real good" to "real crappy"

Like I said, it's just the site's projected stats, and they're not completed. You can change them back to last year's stats.

Archived