The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Origins of 'Gospel of Jesus's Wife' Begin to Emerge

nucklehead

Stop trying to bend the rules in your favor. Last time I had the bible read at me fornication was off the table. No, that's right, no premarital, no extramarital...and stop touching yourself.

I'm not trying to bend the rules. Am I going to have sex before I marry someone? No. But is it wrong? In a certain context, also no. Find me one place in the bible before it says sex before marriage is wrong.

Sex outside of your one partner? Lusting for someone else? Yeah, that's wrong.

OK, with biblical reference name me an instance of permissable fornication. Just curious.

Marriage is official when the sex begins. No ceremony needed. That is the "certain context" I was talking about. Other than that, it's wrong - or "impermissible", if that's the word you're looking for.

I don't consider myself a Biblical scholar but have studied under dozens of Biblical scholars; I've never heard of one who has cast any doubt on Josephus or believed him to be a forgery. As far as your common sense, it makes perfect sense that a Jewish historian concerned with the dealings of the Jewish nation would not be overly focused on an uprising in an out-of-the-way province that was over before it had hardly started (from the perspective of Jewish history/culture).

You haven't been looking very hard or used much common sense

http://www.examiner.com/article/jesus-passage-josephus-a-forgery-says-expert

I just want to say Christians believe the one who trusted Jesus to saved them and ask him to saved will go to heaven and ones who don't go to hell.

Just think about what will happen after you are dead. There a huge everlasting risk lots of you are risking and its saddens me to see. Repent unto Jesus and be saved!

So, you would have us believe that the billions of people in the world who were born in Asia and Africa over the past 2000 years and weren't indoctrinated into the Christian faith, are all condemned to an eternity in hell, just because of an accident of birth?

What kind of God arbitrarily does such a thing to people that he supposedly loves?

I just want to say Christians believe the one who trusted Jesus to saved them and ask him to saved will go to heaven and ones who don't go to hell.

Just think about what will happen after you are dead. There a huge everlasting risk lots of you are risking and its saddens me to see. Repent unto Jesus and be saved!

I never understood why repenting should make a difference. Get a get out of hell free card just because you admit doing it? Bonus. Maybe it's just a way to keep people going to church.

Hallelujah! Amen brother Milk & Honey!

Repent now you demon offsprings or burn for eternity!

I never understood why repenting should make a difference. Get a get out of hell free card just because you admit doing it? Bonus. Maybe it's just a way to keep people going to church.

Yeah. Even as a kid being forced to go to church by my parents, I thought confession was a pretty sweet deal...

So, you would have us believe that the billions of people in the world who were born in Asia and Africa over the past 2000 years and weren't indoctrinated into the Christian faith, are all condemned to an eternity in hell, just because of an accident of birth?

What kind of God arbitrarily does such a thing to people that he supposedly loves?

I believe for those who have never heard of the one true God do go to heaven. For us who aren't on a desert island and heard of God many times and refused to come unto him he will condemn.

I believe for those who have never heard of the one true God do go to heaven. For us who aren't on a desert island and heard of God many times and refused to come unto him he will condemn.

Amen brother! I spoke to God last night and he told me precisely this. It feels so good to have a personal relationship with the Lord. :wub:

I take it you are talking about catholics. Most Catholics believe in work salvation and therefore very few are saved. Only those to trust Jesus as their Saviour are.

Why would my God allow people into heaven who go against his will, don't believe in him and in some cases hate him? My Gods want people who come to accept and repent unto him. Only those who are saved will fully understand that Jesus is real since he is living inside of us.

I take it you are talking about catholics. Most Catholics believe in work salvation and therefore very few are saved. Only those to trust Jesus as their Saviour are.

Why would my God allow people into heaven who go against his will, don't believe in him and in some cases hate him? My Gods want people who come to accept and repent unto him. Only those who are saved will fully understand that Jesus is real since he is living inside of us.

Absolutely, brother. I knew of this one man who told me he didn't believe in Jesus because he wasn't raised Christian. He told me he made an honest effort but couldn't come to believe in the Word. Unfortunately this individual passed not too long ago. Now he has to pay for his decision for all eternity in pain and anguish.

Fellow CDC'ers, Brother Milk & Honey speaks the truth! Believe! Repent! Be saved!

There is no way you aren't trolling. Nobody is that blind.

If God is real, he is a total child and a complete immature asshole.

Believe in me or rot in hell. You aren't from America? Never heard of me? Rot in hell.

You haven't been looking very hard or used much common sense

http://www.examiner.com/article/jesus-passage-josephus-a-forgery-says-expert

We started by discussing whether "most Biblical scholars" considered Josephus a forgery, and are now at an article on examiner.com published by a freethinker quoting a linguist (who doesn't make any claim of being a Biblical scholar or speaking/knowing the language/history/culture that he's commenting on).

I'll reiterate that I am not a Biblical scholar myself, but I do know personally many who are...who know the language, history, culture, etc... of what we are speaking about, and I can assure you that "most Biblical scholars" do not question Josephus' account of either followers of Jesus or a historical figure named "Jesus, the so-called Christ".

Archived