The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic, ok fine. Bookend him with Byfuglien next summer.... now I'm jacked.

Seabrook wont be going anywhere, I highly doubt chicago lets him walk.

As for Buff, he is 30 years old and wants 7 mill. He also does not seem like a decent leader, throwing kane's track suit in the shower could have been dealt with differently lol. He is tough but his decline will be a lot faster than Looch's. This is not a young dougie hamilton, where you can justify throwing large dollars at him. Like Monty stated above, his conditioning leaves something to be desired.

Looch is only 27 and still has at least 5 good years left, and is a true power forward.

I would rather try to sign Yandle, who has the highest offensive skill set of any 2016 UFA D-man, or even Erik Johnson who is only 27 and starting to develop into an offensive force. Both these guys are under 30 and are the type of up-tempo puck moving D that this team needs.

Alternatively, hope the team wouldn't pass up on the possibility of signing Franson for cheap.

After that long summer you'd think that he would be willing to lower his contract expectations, since the other option may be PTO. If Jim could offer a realistically priced, lower-cost deal without making him feel disrespected then maybe we could land a poor-man's top-4 right hand D-man who would do well even with big minutes and in offensive situations.

Too bad it's unlikely, but if there's a fit I hope Jim isn't too blind to his team model to make cheap improvements.

No to Byfuglien. Arrogant Americans suck.

Seabrook and Lucic, please. Two local boys, Champions, great bridge players for Benning's plan, and great in regards to setting an example for the type of hockey that Canucks fans haven't seen in yrs and SHOULD want night in, night out. Meat and Potatoes hockey is awesome to watch. Trust me. The first big hit that Lucic throws in blue and green will, yes, jack this town up!

Same goes for Virtanen, hopefully this year.

If we take Big Buff then does that hurt our chances at signing E-Kane when he goes UFA ? :bigblush:

Honestly, he's had a rap for being lazy and out of shape. I'm speculating here because maybe I just remember hearing hearsay and none of it's true but Benning may not want him anyways.

Would love to have Buff is he wants to come, I doubt Seabrook will hit free agency, if he does, hell ya! Lucic would be ok.

We should have close to $20M in cap space next year, plus some good picks in an excellent 2016 draft, plus even more young players who are NHL ready. We should come out of the gate smokin in 2016.

One, Winnipeg would surely re-sign Buff... he's too important for their team, even with the new crop of blueliners coming.

Two, it's enough signing our old rival (but locally born) Lucic, but I personally cannot bear signing another old rival like Buff... almost like signing Mark Messier.

One, Winnipeg would surely re-sign Buff... he's too important for their team, even with the new crop of blueliners coming.

Two, it's enough signing our old rival (but locally born) Lucic, but I personally cannot bear signing another old rival like Buff... almost like signing Mark Messier.

No, they probably won't. They are loaded with talent for RHD: Trouba, Myers, Kostalek, Kichten. Byfuglien, while better than Kostalek and Kichten, is expendable at this point. Especially nearing 31 years of age.

That said, Vancouver should also stay away from him. They are not 3-5 years away from being a Cup contender with Byfuglien in the lineup, so no use tying up that much cap space into him. More importantly, he could sign somewhere else for the same amount of money that Vancouver could offer, but has a much better chance at competing.

Don't get to caught up in the enemy aspect of players in the NHL. Once a player leaves a team, they leave all allegiances behind.

Messier was a selfish douchenozzle and that combined with his buddy Keenan being an even bigger assclown, had a serious effect on the team, ending with the horrible decision to strip Linden of the C and subsequent trade.

Thank goodness Linden is a bigger man than what happened to him, while Messier is still the equivalent of the morning after a burrito and cheap beer bender.

Problem is unless you bring Subban up, we don't have that offensive ability elsewhere.

Subban is gone to Utica, so that's a foregone conclusion. Campbell's best days are far behind him, and his hit wouldn't fit under the cap, I'm pretty sure.

If Benning does go for a defenseman in a trade, it will be for one that is in his twenties (most likely) that has some size and strength to go with skill, and one that is defensively responsible, which Campbell could never be accused of.

These guys aren't the players they were years ago. There's limited upside in signing these guys long term.

Don't be shocked if Lucic trends down like Clowe does.

Can't say the same for Lucic, but Byfuglien is definitely the same player. I watched a big number of Jets games last season, and many of their wins depended on how Byfuglien played. He was a game changer in plenty of them.

Subban is gone to Utica, so that's a foregone conclusion. Campbell's best days are far behind him, and his hit wouldn't fit under the cap, I'm pretty sure.

If Benning does go for a defenseman in a trade, it will be for one that is in his twenties (most likely) that has some size and strength to go with skill, and one that is defensively responsible, which Campbell could never be accused of.

Campbell is a UFA, which is what this discussion was about...

Archived