The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

For the newbies who read this thread, it’s not all rainbows and butterflies.

Got bent over a barrel and taken for a ride today. Stop lossed out of LCA and came within pennies of stop lossing out of SPAQ (these were indefinite stop losses I put in at break even after I bought).

wtf happened to NNDM?

ARK is buying more stock but they just tanked hard today after breaking the $5 mark yesterday

Hmmmm

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Draft kings has been dropping like a rock for a while, happy that I sold my shares.

IBM currently at $118, I sold my shares in July of 2019 for $149.97, sheesh!

I kind of like DKNG around here. Got to think at some point it makes it's way back to the recent offering price of $52. Seeing as how 10% of the float is in at $52.

As for IBM. :sick:

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

I kind of like DKNG around here. Got to think at some point it makes it's way back to the recent offering price of $52. Seeing as how 10% of the float is in at $52.

As for IBM. :sick:

Yeah, I bought mine in the 40s and sold around 50 or so.

My main concern was that the NFL season might get suspended due to Covid.

As far as big blue goes, yuck!

28 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Draft kings has been dropping like a rock for a while, happy that I sold my shares.

IBM currently at $118, I sold my shares in July of 2019 for $149.97, sheesh!

Bought in at 37.00, sold at 62.22.  If Covid wasn't running rampant right now I'd buy back in.

• Cheers 1

Just now, skolozsy2 said:

Bought in at 37.00, sold at 62.22.  If Covid wasn't running rampant right now I'd buy back in.

That’s great profit!

Stocks like that I buy if I make money I sell, if I lose money I sell, I don’t like to go past 5% loss.

Some guy posted screenshot of his FANG investment, he bought 1.7m shares for almost 58m thus far is down 10m.

If I had 50m to invest I definitely wouldn’t sink all that in piece of $&!# stock like diamondback energy!

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

@nuckin_futz What do you think of this guy’s investment?

7080DBB8-14AA-445A-850C-29300EF97029.png

Part of me wonders if he thought he was buying the other FANG (FB, AMZN, NFLX, GOOG). I do admire his unwavering commitment to stupidity. Continuing to average down on a POS oil & gas company that's drowning in debt. During a time of depressed energy use. Ballsy strategy.

Position ratio of 37% is impressive as well. That thing looks like it has a date with $15.

Thank God for people like this. Without an endless supply of dumb money I'd have to get a job.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Part of me wonders if he thought he was buying the other FANG (FB, AMZN, NFLX, GOOG). I do admire his unwavering commitment to stupidity. Continuing to average down on a POS oil & gas company that's drowning in debt. During a time of depressed energy use. Ballsy strategy.

Position ratio of 37% is impressive as well. That thing looks like it has a date with $15.

Thank God for people like this. Without an endless supply of dumb money I'd have to get a job.

If legit I mean wtf, how much money do you have to begin with?

And truthfully, between this and going to Vegas, I think Vegas might be a better idea.

At least I can feel like a baller while losing all this money.

Put 50m on Amazon, Apple, Microsoft etc. sure but diamondback energy I mean!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

And truthfully, between this and going to Vegas, I think Vegas might be a better idea.

You could have a lot of fun with how much he's lost at the Spearmint Rhino. Or so I have heard. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

That’s great profit!

Stocks like that I buy if I make money I sell, if I lose money I sell, I don’t like to go past 5% loss.

Some guy posted screenshot of his FANG investment, he bought 1.7m shares for almost 58m thus far is down 10m.

If I had 50m to invest I definitely wouldn’t sink all that in piece of $&!# stock like diamondback energy!

50 million to invest, id put half of that on properties and just live off the rental $$ while watching the property value increase

23 hours ago, Darius said:

Im assuming this is a dumb question....

How do you guys lookup who is buying a stock.  Like hippy mentions above,..ARK is accumulating a certain stock...where can you see that?  if possible...

You can sign up on ARK's website to get their daily transactions e-mailed to you. They e-mail it out around 4pm pacific daily.

I've seen someone have a link to a better version though that showed the average price that they bought at but I can't seem to find that.

• Cheers 1

On 10/20/2020 at 11:15 AM, CBH1926 said:

I mean if you lose that much money in Vegas at least the hotel will take care of you...

Getting back into things after only ever venturing into the stock market when I was in university and just wanted to try and get a handle on things. Taking it a bit more seriously given it doesn't seem like the best time to get back in. 

On 10/21/2020 at 1:21 AM, filthycanuck said:

50 million to invest, id put half of that on properties and just live off the rental $$ while watching the property value increase

Yeah but if you have 50 mil to invest your probably already have 100+ mil to put into properties and you are just looking for the entertainment value at this point. 

On 10/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, nuckin_futz said:

You could have a lot of fun with how much he's lost at the Spearmint Rhino. Or so I have heard. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah but if you have 50 mil to invest your probably already have 100+ mil to put into properties and you are just looking for the entertainment value at this point. 

Hence the Spearmint Rhino. B)

Edited by nuckin_futz