The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

On 6/11/2018 at 1:07 PM, Alflives said:

That might be like when the Lakers brought in Nash for one final try with Kobe.  There is only one ball out there during a game.  

It should be LeBron's ball then, rather have him as point-forward than Russ as a point guard and him running an isolation-heavy style of play.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I really don't like the Lakers but if LeBron goes to the west guess it's a Boston vs. LA finals and I'm OK with that. 

That's the NBA's dream. The original dynasties dueling it out!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So I worked the math out, and if the cap goes up say, another $12 million, the Lakers could sign LeBron and George, trade for Leonard, and still be millions under the salary cap. That’s scary to think about. 

On 2018-06-15 at 8:41 PM, Pears said:

So I worked the math out, and if the cap goes up say, another $12 million, the Lakers could sign LeBron and George, trade for Leonard, and still be millions under the salary cap. That’s scary to think about. 

According to reliable sources there is a 0% chance Kawhi is traded to a Western team. Rumour has it the Spurs won't even listen to any offers.

28 minutes ago, Xbox said:

According to reliable sources there is a 0% chance Kawhi is traded to a Western team. Rumour has it the Spurs won't even listen to any offers.

Interesting. Think Cleveland could pull a Kawhi trade off?

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

Interesting. Think Cleveland could pull a Kawhi trade off?

I do, but I don't know if they'll have much of a bench left over if they pull it off. I also think the Celtics and Raptors have pieces to make pitches as well.

As a starting point I'd ask for the 8th pick, future 1st round pick, Kevin Love and a bench player like Rodney Hood.

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

I do, but I don't know if they'll have much of a bench left over if they pull it off. I also think the Celtics and Raptors have pieces to make pitches as well.

As a starting point I'd ask for the 8th pick, future 1st round pick, Kevin Love and a bench player like Rodney Hood.

Love and Aldridge play the same position so I doubt the Spurs would want Love. I’d go with something like Hill, Hood and the Nets pick. That should get it done. 

55 minutes ago, Pears said:

Love and Aldridge play the same position so I doubt the Spurs would want Love. I’d go with something like Hill, Hood and the Nets pick. That should get it done. 

Hood is a rfa, can't trade him without signing him. 

Kawhi was arguably the 2nd best player in the league in the 16-17 season. It's gonna cost much much more than what you suggested. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

If that's all it takes Cleveland should do that in a heartbeat. I can see a few teams offering more though. If Spurs don't want Love it'll be tough for the Cavs to make a deal for Leonard.

4 hours ago, Van40 said:

Hood is a rfa, can't trade him without signing him. 

Kawhi was arguably the 2nd best player in the league in the 16-17 season. It's gonna cost much much more than what you suggested. 

I don't think Hood enjoyed his time in Cleveland so I think he'd agree to a sign and trade. 

I agree though it will take a lot for them to trade Kawhi.

I was reading Luka Doncic is falling in the draft. If he's available at 8 that will really help the Cavs out.

21 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I was reading Luka Doncic is falling in the draft. If he's available at 8 that will really help the Cavs out.

Impossible he falls out of top 4. Suns are rumored to take Ayton. Kings will take Doncic. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Impossible he falls out of top 4. Suns are rumored to take Ayton. Kings will take Doncic. 

I was about to edit my post because I saw a report that the Mavs really want him so even if he drops to 5 it won't be any further.

I would take Kawhi over the entire Spurs roster including Pop. I have a lot of respect for Pop but the NBA is a superstar driven league. Kawhi would easily be the best player in franchise history of many of the teams in this league. Losing him could be the death knell for the Spurs as they slide into complete irrelevance. If they aren't already groveling at his feet then they should be. Offer him the supermax, as well as the bonus incentive of telling Tony Parker to clear out his locker. 

47 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

How high will ex Kentucky Wildcat, and Canadian PG, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander be drafted?

Also will Trae Young be a poor man's Stephen Curry, or a JJ Reddick, or Jimmer Fredette?

SGA hasn't worked out or given medicals to any team. Raptors are trying to trade up for him. 

I'm ALL in on Trae Young. He's too good a shooter to fail in the league. Decent passer as well. Curry lite!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Van40 said:

SGA hasn't worked out or given medicals to any team. Raptors are trying to trade up for him. 

I'm ALL in on Trae Young. He's too good a shooter to fail in the league. Decent passer as well. Curry lite!

Prediction on top 5?

1.Doncic

2.Ayton

3. Bamba

4. Young

5. Bridges