The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, Rex425 said:

The thing is though, an NBA official admitted that they rigged one series. The Lakers vs Kings series in 2003?(I think). So not really surprised that this series is poorly officiated. 0 free throws and still 57 points for the raptors, I think that sends a message to the NBA.

reminds of of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdUr43acx94

Edited by blaise

27 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Jack Armstrong compared Raps to 2004 Pistons.

Biyombo = Ben Wallace

Lowry and Derozan = Rip Hamilton

That Pistons team was way better lol. They shutdown Shaq and Kobe and won the finals in 5. 

I kinda see similarities between Big Ben and Biyombo although the comparisons are a bit too much. I still remember that Pistons team and Big Ben in his prime shutting it down. Nobody else was better and Biyombo has some similarities to his game.

Thing I love about Biyombo is that he combines that power presence with agility - a quick leaper - who has really good footwork, hands and versatility.

Imo these can be the most difficult and rare players to find - and can make an absolutely huge difference, as we've already seen.

Will take the likenesses in a different direction - to guys like Marcus Camby and Shawn Marion (these aren't tight comparables, but) long, relatively quick and agile players - good in the paint and the open court - rebounds, steals, blocked shots,...and difficult to matchup/contain.  They wreak havoc defensively.  

A combination of build/athleticism that is special and a real joy to watch.

Edited by oldnews

1 hour ago, Jiggs50 said:

Go Okc!!!!!

And ppl were comparing this Warriors team to Jordan's Bulls lmao. What a joke. 

OKC is laying some major beating on GSW tonight.

if Jordan did not take those 2 years off, Bulls would have won 8 in a row probably.

32 minutes ago, MayRayDown said:

No one cares unless you are a GSW bandwagoner then people get out the pitchforks

I'm on the warrior bandwagon right now. 

Heres my history of basketball fandom

for 2 years I cheered for the raptors. Then cheered for Steve Nash and the Suns. Then I was deciding who to cheer for, and this was five years ago I was thinking about the Raptors but I'm a jays fan and cheering for two Toronto sports teams puts me off. So I'm watching sports nation and Colin cowherd said he would invest in warrior season tickets(their like last place at the time) so I start cheering for them, they trade Ellis for bogut then the rest is history. 

I I feel so unpatriotic right now though, and I'm from Saskatchewan so if I stick with the Warriors that's a lot of late nights being a Canucks fan as well. 

Such a big life decision. 

21 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

for 2 years I cheered for the raptors. Then cheered for Steve Nash and the Suns. Then I was deciding who to cheer for, and this was five years ago I was thinking about the Raptors but I'm a jays fan and cheering for two Toronto sports teams puts me off. So I'm watching sports nation and Colin cowherd said he would invest in warrior season tickets(their like last place at the time) so I start cheering for them, they trade Ellis for bogut then the rest is history. 

I I feel so unpatriotic right now though, and I'm from Saskatchewan so if I stick with the Warriors that's a lot of late nights being a Canucks fan as well. 

Oh I thought your team was eliminated or didn't make the playoffs and you were picking between the 4 teams lol

2 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

The Thunder are on a whole other level. Sit down gs bandwagoners :lol:

NBA from where I'm from is boring people in my country watch and follow it a lot  but they don't have any affinity for a team. Back then everyone had Lakers jerseys, and Heat jerseys, and now people are wearing Warriors merchandise. I always laugh inside that for a country where basketball is a religion and NBA has a following no one follows a team from thick and thin.

Not a Warriors hater by any means but OKC just laid a thumping on them. And everyone thought the Warriors were unstoppable and was going to make the Finals without a doubt. Time to shut up the bandwagoners. 

Anywho, gonna jump on the Raptors bandwagon this year. Games 3 and 4 pretty much showed the entire NBA what the Raptors can do and if the Raptors can make the Finals, I'd just laugh at how angry and upset all the NBA analysts and people at head office will get when they see a Canadian team in the Finals.

2 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

That's a pretty good reason right there to change loyalties.  I did the same.  I was at Uvic when Nash was in high school - getting schooled by Eli Pasquale.  He used to come play scrimmages - us (Senior Varsity Volleyball ) vs the Junior Vikes Basketball team + Nash.  I chose to play VB - but was also a point guard  - so I can say I've guarded Steve Nash - when he was a teenager.   He was pretty good already - but honestly, in those times, it just never registered as a possibility that this young man could in fact one day be the best basketball player in the world.  We were Canadians - just not on the radar.

His high school coach wrote to countless American universities - and only one showed interest - Santa Clara. The rest is pretty epic,

After that, watching this young man - not particularly fast, not a particularly good leaper - but unreal fundamentals and creativity - progress into an NBA MVP - nothing short of surrreal.  Sorry Xavier McDaniel, Tom Chambers and the rest of the Supersonics,  but there's a Canadian kid in the NBA!  Whomever he plays for - that's my team (except Kobe's Lakers lol).

Edited by oldnews