The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

15 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

They aren't the new worst. They've always been bar none the worst in all of sports, play-offs or not. Everything is so subjective, and calls literally go to star players or star teams if there's any doubt. You will see borderline calls in other sports, but nothing close to how many phantom calls you'll see in basketball, especially towards a guy like Lebron.

Who is a literal beast that you have to play hard to attempt to stop. If you don't, he flattens you, if you do, he can sell a foul.

I have no interest in reffing the NBA. 

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Who is a literal beast that you have to play hard to attempt to stop. If you don't, he flattens you, if you do, he can sell a foul.

I have no interest in reffing the NBA. 

This is true.

But he'll also get the benefit of the doubt like in that "technical" where Thompson swing at his face. Luckily they had replay to at least correct that now.

With any stars, it's not just about plays where they drive to the hoop. They'll get the call on a fade away J because of who they are.

They just need to show any level of subjectiveness and consistency to their calls. Of course Lebron is going to draw more calls in a natural way with his style of play, but everything is imbalanced even when accounting for that. That's why DeRozan drew a ridiculous amount of fouls during the regular season, but stopped receiving the same calls as frequently during the off-season. Because he may be an all-star, but he's not a Lebron/Wade/George type superstar, so he loses any sense of pull with the refs.

The idea that you receive or need pull from the refs to deal with calls is what's hilarious, but that's basketball for you.

Lebron should win academy award for all the flopping and embellishment. He will never been anywhere close to Michael Jordan, who never resorted to that kind of crap. The officiating continues to be one-sided, disgrace too. Made me sick when Arash Madani was interviewing Adam Silver, who was spewing BS about how great and important Raps are to the league, blah blah blah. Silver in Toronto to make sure the zebras keep screwing Raps and Canada's team doesn't win. Casey is pissed right off about the officiating, and rightful so. You know refs are going to continue call the series in Cavs favor and will lay for Raps even more now that Casey has vented publicly about it. To be honest, i'm surprised Dwayne hasn't been fined for criticizing the officials. Seriously. Raps had 0 free throws in 4th quarter. LOL

Edited by the last outlaw

15 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

POS Cavs player who hit Biyombo in the groin got fined $80. Is this for real? Wow. 

Playoff fines are 1/110th their regular season salary, and Jones only played 1 game in the regular season which is why he only got an $80 fine lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-is-picking-up-the-tab-on-dahntay-jones--low-blow-fine-181629932.html

lmfao i have not seen worse reffing literally ever

standing ovation for the first foul call in the game and 2nd in about 30 mins including game 3.

Edited by Grape