The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's a mystery... Sedins and Vrbata getting bucketloads of chances... but not a lot of production

*Buzzsaw*

Daniel is second on the team in shots on goal with 47. Sutter is third with just 30 shots. How is that reluctant to shoot?

Vrbata leads the team in shots on goal with 52.

Regardless he still is electing to pass instead of shooting when he has the prime chances in the slot it is agonizing . How many retarded passes back to his center has he made in the last 5 games... He needs to get greedy plain n simple.

Regardless he still is electing to pass instead of shooting when he has the prime chances in the slot it is agonizing . How many retarded passes back to his center has he made in the last 5 games... He needs to get greedy plain n simple.

Some see what they want to see. Both Daniel and Vrbata are putting far more shots on goal than anybody else on the team. Considering the points they've put up since being put back together (6 points each in 7 games) I really don't see them as a problem.

In the west we're tied for 4th in goals for per game, 3rd best goals against, and 8th for shots per game. Not bad for a team that's supposed to miss the playoffs this year.

I think it's evident the Sedins just aren't as dominant game in and game out as they used to be. Two years ago I think alot of us thought that the PPG production days were over and they were going to start trending downwards and then last year they bounced back and had tremendous seasons and there was evidence they could produce at a high level for at least a couple more years. Well, from what I've seen this year I think inevitable is upon us and a 60 point season from either one of them would be determined as a success. Vrbata's career has been up and down as he's had great years followed by good years and to expect 30 goals from him again may be a stretch. I think 25 is more or a realistic number.

They're clearly better than any line they've played against. It's just puck luck and referees making SURE THEY FAIL.  

They embarrassed Gino, Sidney, kessel, seguin, Benn etc.. 

But wwhen vrby is in all alone and gets corkscrewed by Benn, 30 seconds after the refs miss a double minor committed on Hansen with him bleeding or when the refs miss a slash that would have led to the2 1 goal in the pens game which turned into a shorty against... 

They're wwithout a doubt one of the best 3 lines in all of hockey. Let's hope the refs stop fixing the games and let them have a fair crack. 

They're clearly better than any line they've played against. It's just puck luck and referees making SURE THEY FAIL.  

They embarrassed Gino, Sidney, kessel, seguin, Benn etc.. 

But wwhen vrby is in all alone and gets corkscrewed by Benn, 30 seconds after the refs miss a double minor committed on Hansen with him bleeding or when the refs miss a slash that would have led to the2 1 goal in the pens game which turned into a shorty against... 

They're wwithout a doubt one of the best 3 lines in all of hockey. Let's hope the refs stop fixing the games and let them have a fair crack. 

^_^  I think you forgot this little smiley.

Some see what they want to see. Both Daniel and Vrbata are putting far more shots on goal than anybody else on the team. Considering the points they've put up since being put back together (6 points each in 7 games) I really don't see them as a problem.

In the west we're tied for 4th in goals for per game, 3rd best goals against, and 8th for shots per game. Not bad for a team that's supposed to miss the playoffs this year.

I totally agree with you. I just want Vrby to get a bit more greedy in the high percentage situation instead of trying more sedinery.  Cute plays are great if they work. I could be a little more patient I guess it is still very early and coaches along with game tape catch most things.

Yeah... they got one today... and guess who WASN'T on the ice... Vrbata.

It was Hansen who made that goal... by taking the defenseman to the net.

The other two times the Sedins had a really good chance to score... Vrbata also wasn't on the ice... it was Burr... at the end of a shift or coming off the bench.

Vrbata is not working with the Sedins... look at the chance he had for a rebound in the 3rd... he should have been waiting at the side of the net to tap it in... instead he had already skated past the net and was behind it when the shot came in, so he was too much of an angle to do anything.

It got in the Buffalo game so the Sedins were no longer looking for Vrbata... they were playing as a two man line, and basically not depending on him to do anything.

Vrbata should go to the 2nd line and try his luck with Sutter and Virtanen...  Burrows needs to come up to the first line and get the Sedins going again.  He understands what needs to be done in the way of distracting the defense, going into the corners, and he understands where he should be.

Vrbata has had his chance, he needs to find his game on another line and stop killing the Sedins and putting them in a slump.

Vrbata definately looks like he lost a step since last year but the Sedins looked to be dragged down a bit by Vrbata. Sutter gets on a line with them and he scores. What happened to him after he left their line? While Vrbata is not a bad linemate for the Sedins, I still liked the Sedins better when they are with Burrows,

I'll say it again... Vrbata needs to be permanently moved down to the 2nd or 3rd line.

How many OPEN NETS does a guy have to be set up for before it is clear he is not going to score?

Daniel and Henrik have put the puck on Vrbata's stick in absolute prime scoring position at least a dozen times in since he has joined them, and he hasn't put in a single one... the only goals he has got have been flukey.

Vrbata also needs to be taken OFF the power play, put Sutter in or Burrows, Vrbata is a waste of time.

Vrbata is going to need to pull himself out this slump, he has shown that being with the best setup men on the Canucks is not going to break his goalscoring drought.

To me this looks like a typical management mistake.

After the last playoff it was clear, that playing Vrbata with the Sedins has no future. At this point Vrbata should have been traded.

But this hasn't been done, instead they moved Vrbata from line to line. At the end of the training campaign Vrbata complained that he's not knowing which center he's gonna play with.

What do we have now? The first line isn't working anymore, no scoring from nobody. The pp is awful.

This case had to been solved this summer, this goes to the management.

Daniel is second on the team in shots on goal with 47. Sutter is third with just 30 shots. How is that reluctant to shoot?

Vrbata leads the team in shots on goal with 52.

Have you seen Sedin shots?  They truly are pathetic at the NHL level.  I absolutely can't wait until this team is no longer cursed with the likes of anyone named Sedin,  Hamhuis,  Edler,  Vrbata.  

Yeah... they got one today... and guess who WASN'T on the ice... Vrbata.

It was Hansen who made that goal... by taking the defenseman to the net.

The other two times the Sedins had a really good chance to score... Vrbata also wasn't on the ice... it was Burr... at the end of a shift or coming off the bench.

Vrbata is not working with the Sedins... look at the chance he had for a rebound in the 3rd... he should have been waiting at the side of the net to tap it in... instead he had already skated past the net and was behind it when the shot came in, so he was too much of an angle to do anything.

It got in the Buffalo game so the Sedins were no longer looking for Vrbata... they were playing as a two man line, and basically not depending on him to do anything.

Vrbata should go to the 2nd line and try his luck with Sutter and Virtanen...  Burrows needs to come up to the first line and get the Sedins going again.  He understands what needs to be done in the way of distracting the defense, going into the corners, and he understands where he should be.

Vrbata has had his chance, he needs to find his game on another line and stop killing the Sedins and putting them in a slump.

Sutter was pretty much invisible last night! What is his role? Certainly not a goal scorer.

Archived