The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

Rate this topic

gizmo2337

Luongo has done enough to be a first Ballot hall of famer.  He won his games backing up Broduer in his Olympic experiences then became Canadas best option beating out the rest in 2010 winning gold..the back to backup in 2014... His gold medals coupled with possibly catching Roy are enough. Hope he can get three more 20 plus win seasons and break 500 wins....and get his recognition with a call to the hall ..

As an aside I also think Osgood is more than deserving of a joining the hall.  He backed up the peak of Detroit's powers and won two as the starter after the mega stars had mostly left or retired.  Also almost won back to back cups and was a favourite for the Conn Smythe both years against PIT.   His winning percentage is remarkable but much like Fury people argue that it was a product of the teams Infront of him boosting it...or modern day a comparable could be Crawford.  For those that remember they know that the last cup they wouldn't have won without him (or return to the final the next year).  Should already be in the hall...same with Cujo.  And Barrasso...Vezina winner at like eighteen two cups and part of what they Hockey News describes as the ninth best team all time 1991-1992...

10 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

447!   Bam ... I was on top of this one ::D.

Tied for #5 on all time with Terry Sawchuck ... congrats to Strombone1!!

It took shootout to win this one.  

Haha I was waiting for it!  

Haven't had a win awhile, be nice to see them go on a litlle streak.

Edited by JV77

14 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Haha I was waiting for it!  

Haven't had a win awhile, be nice to see them go on a litlle streak.

Since they fired Gallant and Rowe took over they haven't had a lot of W's.  

Oh and Luongo's team mate tied for #2 all time points!(can't wait till he surpasses Messier!) ... quite a night for that duo!  

Edited by Neversummer

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats Lou!!

He's a great goalie and loved him when he was here and since he has left. He got a lot of crap dumped on him but he is a stellar goalie and it was sad to see him go. Go track down CoJo next Lou. He'll make the Hall of Fame one day.

4 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Instead of Vancouver?

Florida, before he came to Vancouver: 318 games, 108 wins (34%)

Vancouver: 448 games, 252 wins (56%)

Florida after Vancouver: 164 games, 81 wins (49%)

Things were pretty rosy here before the wheels fell off.