The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

Rate this topic

gizmo2337

On 2/14/2019 at 1:45 PM, butters said:

so do the other 5 players figure into scoring goals at all? Or is hockey just a goalie dual?

Nah, he clearly is expected to score goals as well.  Did he crap the bed in Boston?  Sure, but he wasn't the only suspect.  When your team only scores three goals TOTAL in the three away games and zero goals in the game 7 at home, there's only so much blame you can put on the goalie.  He still managed two shutouts in the Finals.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

Well, he's finally moved into 3rd place. He's starting to slow down though. I can't see him passing Roy unless something changes....

Instead, both Lundquist and Fleury look to creep up and challenge. Fleury might be able to challenge Roy, he's young enough still.

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

mmmmmm

and i still have a fairly strong memory

about torts having a lot to do with luongo leaving

but whatever

enjoy your narrative

Torts was definitely the final straw, the catalyst as it were.

But before that, Media dumped on him, fans dumped on him. 

Even myself, so much love/hate. 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:25 PM, gizmo2337 said:

Well, he's finally moved into 3rd place. He's starting to slow down though. I can't see him passing Roy unless something changes....

Instead, both Lundquist and Fleury look to creep up and challenge. Fleury might be able to challenge Roy, he's young enough still.

I can see Fleury up there behind Luongo and Lundqvist just behind both of them. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/26/2019 at 10:42 PM, gizmo2337 said:

Looks like W#489 is the end of the line for Lu. Congrats on a fine career, and may you enjoy the well earned time off.

raytmu.jpg

Sad to think that despite being a significantly better player than either, both Lundqvist and Fleury are likely to better Lu's totals. Can't imagine anyone else getting close to 500 wins for at least a dozen years.