The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Ferraro(det) Granberg(tor)

86Viking

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty much. If we could get a serviceable former 2nd round player for free, it would lessen the loss of the 2nd we gave up for Vey.

Yes, and unlike Vey, Ferrarro actually is a fit in the bottom six; he can skate, he can check, and he can move around positionally and throughout the lineup. It makes sense to put a claim in on claim him or someone similar to him.

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I'd take Granberg for sure at this time and then try to trade for Hamonic and when all are healthy either make a trade for room of waiver weber!

Actually having Granberg helps make it more palatable to do a Tanev for Hamonic swap to me.  A little needed depth and a defensive presence with a little physicality.

The one thing that confuses me is it seems Granberg was just coming back from injury and hasn't played yet, so wouldn't he be a candidate for a conditioning assignment? Or did we miss that already and now he either has to be put back on the roster or put on waivers?

But very little offence out of him ever until a bit of a burst last year. Definitely meant to be strong defensively and as a RHD I think he'd be a good pickup if we have the roster space right now. I think we have some room to improve on D and if there's opportunity for a trade there then it might be worthwhile longer term as well.

10 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

No point claiming a guy if he's not going to play on your team. 

I'm not usually an eye for an eye kinda guy, but in this case I was hoping we would take Grannberg.. Toronto took our young righty leaving us with a pretty obvious hole in our prospect pool, this could have helped fill it slightly and added some depth. I would have also loved to seen GMJMFB exercise some cheekyness and have sent him down for a conditioning stint. How could the league have possibly rejected it?

And Weber has been pretty bad this year.

Just now, shayster007 said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would likely have a much harder team to play against. And yes, that is what it means.

Why then, do we not sign these guy - Corrado - to two way deals?  If they are restricted free agents, don't we have the hammer?

Archived