The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins vs. Canucks - Saturday, December 5 - 7PM PT

canucksnhl

The Bruins are in town.  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, spook007 said:

God I hate the Bruins so much... Hope for the sake of mankind that someone...anyone... absolutely hammers Marchand. I'm still not over that rat faced creeps antics.

Please just destroy him... the score is secondary, but of course a win would be welcome.

When's the last time you saw a Canuck hammer anything?

1 minute ago, VenitoHammer said:

Hoping for 6-1 Bruins with Miller in net.  2-0 Bruins with 50 shots on goal against and an empty netter if Markstrom is in.  Please for the love of god and Chychrun,  no more damn loser points,  no more comments like "I think we played good enough to win"  and no more Willie D behind the bench come Monday morning,

Yup.  We need top three picks three years in a row.  If the vets on the team don't like the direction - TRADE THEIR WHINING, MCSOFTY ASSES, and don't eorry about the return.  Just trade them somewhere crappy, where they will get shot at - LIKE SURREY!

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  We need top three picks three years in a row.  If the vets on the team don't like the direction - TRADE THEIR WHINING, MCSOFTY ASSES, and don't eorry about the return.  Just trade them somewhere crappy, where they will get shot at - LIKE SURREY!

Hey, Surrey is my hometown. It has a bad reputation, but the people are mostly very friendly...-_-

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's frustrating when people say "It's just a slump" or "This is a really good team that just hasn't finished" etc etc etc.  The fact is we have 9 wins through 27 games...  We have 55 remaining and last year it took 43 wins to just barely make it in,  so for this team to win roughly 34+ of the remaining 55 games is ridiculous,  and a stupid thing to cheer for as even if we did miraculously pull this off then were sitting at a terrible draft position and can't compete in the west anyways.  Embrace some tough years people,  let the kids grow and go through the losing experiences,  it will make them hungrier in the long run,  let go of 2011 and get excited for the 2021 Canucks lol 

9 minutes ago, VenitoHammer said:

When's the last time you saw a Canuck hammer anything?

Not since Kassian was on our team. He used to hammer back the brewskis. joke

Canucks need to get there crap together before a Playoff position gets out of reach. Beating the bruins would be a great place to start.

Canucks win 4-2 with some puck luck.

Go Canucks Go!!!!

6 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Hey, Surrey is my hometown. It has a bad reputation, but the people are mostly very friendly...-_-

I guess you are right.  I shouldn't paint the entire Surrey population of 500,000 with the same brush.  I'm sure it's only a

couple hundred thousand that actively enjoy shooting people.  

3 minutes ago, VenitoHammer said:

It's frustrating when people say "It's just a slump" or "This is a really good team that just hasn't finished" etc etc etc.  The fact is we have 9 wins through 27 games...  We have 55 remaining and last year it took 43 wins to just barely make it in,  so for this team to win roughly 34+ of the remaining 55 games is ridiculous,  and a stupid thing to cheer for as even if we did miraculously pull this off then were sitting at a terrible draft position and can't compete in the west anyways.  Embrace some tough years people,  let the kids grow and go through the losing experiences,  it will make them hungrier in the long run,  let go of 2011 and get excited for the 2021 Canucks lol 

We really missed out on a good draft last year too.  We could have had a generational talent, but instead got the pleasure of being embarrassed by Calgary in the first round - then we picked 24th.  Boeser might be a player, but the chances of getting impactful Cup winning players is so much better the higher a team drafts.  I love the Twins, but if they could bring us a first rounder in the top five it's bye bye.  

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess you are right.  I shouldn't paint the entire Surrey population of 500,000 with the same brush.  I'm sure it's only a

couple hundred thousand that actively enjoy shooting people.  

Har har. 

Honestly, the joke is getting old. Just like people who are still talking about playoffs for this team.

For tonight's game, id like to see them play to win, and not to "not lose".

Glad that Markstrom is statrting.. otherwise, just try to play a full 60, even though that is very unlikely to happen. 

2 minutes ago, lolwut? said:

Har har. 

Honestly, the joke is getting old. Just like people who are still talking about playoffs for this team.

For tonight's game, id like to see them play to win, and not to "not lose".

Glad that Markstrom is statrting.. otherwise, just try to play a full 60, even though that is very unlikely to happen. 

I think the guys play to win every game, and WD coache's to win too.  They just don't have enough bullets in the gun to exchange shots with the other teams, so we end up going down to defeat.  (My apologies for the metaphor). I really wanted the message to hit the target, find its mark - so to speak.  Yes, I'm a bad alien.  It's the firing squad for me.  Bad Alf!  

9 hours ago, PlanB said:

This rivalry is a rivalry no more.  Just another game between one team that's 6-2-2 in their past 10 and one that's 2-5-3.

That said, I hope it can be truly the start of an upswing for the home team. 

4-2 Canucks,  

Agreed. It was a rivalry for one 7-game  playoff series in 2011. I hardy think the winner of that series still considered the losing team as a rival beyond that. Far less so in 2015. If it is still a rivalry, it's one-sided one, as a good portion of the Canuck fan base is still smarting from that series. Like Torts said, gotta get past that. But, like you, I do hope that boys bring it and can turn the thing around starting tonight.

2 hours ago, JoGuitar said:

Wow GDT reminded me of the Stupid Stan Lee NHL Crossover that lasted for ONE All-Star Game...What a FAIL

Confusing... So then are you saying that the GDT is a FAIL as well then?  I give props to everyone that takes the time to do them especially when they can add an artistic element to them.

5 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

Agreed. It was a rivalry for one 7-game  playoff series in 2011. I hardy think the winner of that series still considered the losing team as a rival beyond that. Far less so in 2015. If it is still a rivalry, it's one-sided one, as a good portion of the Canuck fan base is still smarting from that series. Like Torts said, gotta get past that. But, like you, I do hope that boys bring it and can turn the thing around starting tonight.

I think the rivalry continued through to the next year as well.  Didn't we have an all- ballyhooed rematch with them just after the following New Year?

17 minutes ago, nom_de_plume said:

I think the rivalry continued through to the next year as well.  Didn't we have an all- ballyhooed rematch with them just after the following New Year?

Yeah, the game in Boston the following season. But, was it really a "rematch"? It wasn't a playoff game. I still think it was hyped in Vancouver far more than in Boston. The B's had nothing to prove that day. They hoisted the Cup, remember? It's the Canucks (again, the fan base) with the chip on the shoulder 4 years on. I mean, just listen to the Marchand interview during pregame. The Vancouver media are still asking the guy about 2011! Geez, what does that have anything at all to do with the game tonight? For me, they're just another opponent now. Unlike, say, Anaheim and Los Angeles. Of course, this is a pivotal game for the boys, but, not because Boston is the opponent. They just need a win and to protect home ice after a lousy road trip!

Archived