The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Patric Hornqvist

Would he be a nice fit for our team, specifically on the top line with the sedins. I realize Hansen is doing well there but Hornqvist plays a good style that would compliment the twins and he can stand in front of the net.

He has had a bad season this year, Pittsburgh could use some help on D if they want to try and compete in the east.

Do you think we could make a deal happen, via ntc being waived by one of our D or do you think they will keep him as Perron is a pending ufa and dupuis just retired 

Having a pretty bad year, maybe we can make a monster deal around Pouliot and Hornqvist together.

TO PIT: Edler + Burrows + Shinkaruk

TO VAN: Hornqvist + Pouliot

Pens get scoring help now and later, and a top-4 defenceman to replace Martin (who they've publically stated they're missing). Canucks get a very average winger but the prize is Pouliot.

ya I was thinking Pouliot would be a nice addition, but they seem to not want to move him. He is having an off year so to speak, I dont know if they would be interested in vrbata but he might look good with sid?

Anyone know if the twins ever played with hornqvist internationally or was it usually Louis Eriksson

With Dupuis going on ltir I am not sure what their total cap space is now

Pass, he's not the kind of player that we need at this time, at least without moving another similar winger.  He's essentially a right-handed Burrows, with the straight-line style and willingness to get in the crease, wreak havoc and fire off a decent quick shot.  That was what got Burr success as the Twins fed him and he delivered.  That being said, Burr is still around and we have Hansen who's a VERY similar player (less havoc wreaking but still delivers in the slot with his shot, and he comes at around 1/2 Hornqvist's price).

If we could move a similar winger and get Pouliot or 1st as well in part of a bigger deal I'd be down.  Don't think we should focus on getting guys like him though when the D also needs work.    

Regarding Pouliot and a 1st?

I'm guessing, an educated guess, that Pitt has already let too many of what was once a very promising group of young D go.

Plus their big league club is having trouble moving the puck from the blue line. Even with Letang. I doubt they move Pouliot.

Archived