The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Prust the most effective fighter in the NHL?

-AJ-

Hear me out here, you might be misunderstanding me. I'm not asking if Prust is the best at fighting, but if he is the best player to have in that role. I did a brief analysis of the point-production of fighters in the NHL. 

I took all the forwards with 3 or more fights in the NHL and compared their fights-per-game (I didn't use PIM, as some penalties are just plain bad) and their points-per-game. Guess who came out on top? Below are the results (stats from ESPN).

5668fc9ecb51b_FightersinNHL(points).png.

As you can see, Prust tops all fighters in points-per-game, with Christ Stewart right behind. Notice that not only is Prust 1st in points-per-game among fighters, he's also second in fights-per-game, just below Haley, who has an insane 4 fights in 8 games. Other good notables include Cody McLeod, who is 4th in points-per-game and 3rd in fights-per-game, and Tyler Randell, who is 3rd in points-per-game and 6th in fights-per-game. Dorsett is 12th in fights-per-game and 8th in points-per-game.

So, what say ye? Is Prust as effective as this suggests or is this just tricky stuff with statistics?

He's a good fighter...he has a technique where he keeps spinning guys round and pulling their jerseys down (at the collar)...and tries to throw a roundhouse (at least he's not one of those fighters that tries to hug the guy)...I think he's very brave because he always takes on bigger opponents than himself.

Even if Prust goes to another team at the deadline ..I'm a supporter for him..He's a good addition to any team ..IMO

prust, on any team he's been on, is willing to go with just about anybody. he's just that spark plug that knows how to get the crowd, and his team in to it. i just feel his role is diminished a bit on this team, because this team still prides itself as being a finesse type team, which we really need to get away from, which is why prust was brought in. we need brendan prust to give this team an identity. dorsett isn't that guy, even when he was brought in. dorsett has a hidden talent, that not too many people know of. prust is a guy you want to win a championship, even if hes not the most offensive gifted guy

Archived