The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

After 30+ years

Vaseline

I have never been so ashamed to be a fan of the Canucks!

Willie needs to bag skate the f@#* out of these pillions that we pay millions to each year.

Do not mistake me, I am not down on the rookies who although struggling are not the ones choking out there.  

Weber is this year's Vey but with a ton more turnovers, Bartowski is no better.

Hammy ( get well soon ) was playing sluggish, unmotivated, cough up hockey all year.

Edler has cost how us how many behind the back pass turnovers?

Burrows is slow and takes us off the PP every time he steps a foot out there.

Higgins is doing a lot of nothing.

Vrbata is doing a whole lot of nothing.

Prust and Dorsey are both having identity crisis, neither one knows if there a soft handed superstar or a bruiser. YOU ARE NOT SUPERSTARS, HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOVE YOUR REAR'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SKATE TO THE BENCH, DONT GLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINISH YOU BLOODY CHECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messier years were worse.  I was ashamed of the team, and I was ashamed of the coach and the executives.  I was ashamed of pretty much everything related to the Canucks.  The new uniforms, the new captain.

The last ten games have been bad.  Pathetic, really.  But...I have experienced TRUE SHAME and that was worse.

9 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Just roll with it and expect changes to happen.  Most fans have been calling for a blowup, rebuild, or shakeup - I don't think they will give the core another shot after this year... That plans gotten pretty stale

I see the biggest issue is the culture around our team being based off the Sedin's. JB has already stated they will retire Canucks and that is how it should be. But for some god forsaken reason every player who wears a Canucks jersey believes they gain super Sedin play-making powers as a result of wearing the same jersey.

Tort's tried to change that culture which we all know failed miserably with the players we have/had. WD just seems to be lead around by the players and not lead them himself. There needs to be a shake up in that room or our high potential rookies will be raised in a culture, where they feel sub par performances and shoty D is an acceptable way to play hockey.

They need some fear and hard work instilled in them before they forget what its like.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Messier years were worse.  I was ashamed of the team, and I was ashamed of the coach and the executives.  I was ashamed of pretty much everything related to the Canucks.  The new uniforms, the new captain.

The last ten games have been bad.  Pathetic, really.  But...I have experienced TRUE SHAME and that was worse.

I dont think those years made me feel as sick to my stomach as what we are seeing out there lately.

But yeah thanks for reminding me it was almost as bad at one point and got better :D

Oh well, any long time Canuck fan should be use to this feeling of failure and mediocre play. Besides with all the problems in the world the current state of the Canucks is a drop in the bucket.

We'll get better, only place you can go from the bottom is up... sooner or later.

48 minutes ago, Vaseline said:

I have never been so ashamed to be a fan of the Canucks!

Willie needs to bag skate the f@#* out of these pillions that we pay millions to each year.

Do not mistake me, I am not down on the rookies who although struggling are not the ones choking out there.  

Weber is this year's Vey but with a ton more turnovers, Bartowski is no better.

Hammy ( get well soon ) was playing sluggish, unmotivated, cough up hockey all year.

Edler has cost how us how many behind the back pass turnovers?

Burrows is slow and takes us off the PP every time he steps a foot out there.

Higgins is doing a lot of nothing.

Vrbata is doing a whole lot of nothing.

Prust and Dorsey are both having identity crisis, neither one knows if there a soft handed superstar or a bruiser. YOU ARE NOT SUPERSTARS, HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOVE YOUR REAR'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SKATE TO THE BENCH, DONT GLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINISH YOU BLOODY CHECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bag skates don't do anything for anybody. 

43 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Agreed. Even though I'm a fan of the way messier played the game,  His years in van were mind numbingly bad. Aside from his last year, where  they almost made the post season. Those years were unwatchable but we got the twins out of it. That's why we need to go all in for tank mode and get a top 5 pick. 

i agree with some of wut you say, but i disagree with burrows. he's one of the vets who still puts an effort out there-- i'd say hes one of the untouchables with the twins, hansen and miller. sure, he takes penalties, but they arent as crippling as you think they are. the fact that this team is going with an AHL defense core is all that you need to know. just look at that coverage on that parise goal. thats not even ECHL coaching level bad

I've only been around for 9 seasons and I've seen worse. Just for recent examples, the Islanders and Ducks games under Torts off the top of my head. Game 6 vs. Flames in April. Even in the cup run year there was that early season Hawks slaughter. There's probably more. These ones hurt badly at the time, but Higgins is right, you forget them.

That said, that 3rd (?) Wild goal tonight was the antithesis of real good and might be up there as one of the most embarrassing goals against. Here I should raise a glass to Shane O'Brien, since early in my Canuck watching days he provided a nearly unbeatable fail moment.

10 minutes ago, The Bookie said:

I've only been around for 9 seasons and I've seen worse. Just for recent examples, the Islanders and Ducks games under Torts off the top of my head. Game 6 vs. Flames in April. Even in the cup run year there was that early season Hawks slaughter. There's probably more. These ones hurt badly at the time, but Higgins is right, you forget them.

That said, that 3rd (?) Wild goal tonight was the antithesis of real good and might be up there as one of the most embarrassing goals against. Here I should raise a glass to Shane O'Brien, since early in my Canuck watching days he provided a nearly unbeatable fail moment.

+1 for "antithesis of real good."

3 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Correct,

For all those saying this is the worst ever, trust those of us old enough to have been there,

the Messier/Keenan era was worse,

I don't know if you could put together that toxic of a team if you tried.

But this is the worst I've seen since then.

7 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

The year or two after the Bertuzzi assault were the worst. Hared to support the team while they continued to support the event. 

Archived