The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AquaMan may step in soon.

ShakyWalton

18 minutes ago, xereau said:

WD is not 9/12 forwards that have suddenly forgotten how to score.

WD is not the defense that don't how to take the man.

The coach and GM put together a good team, on paper.  The players have gone through three coaches in 3 years now, yet its somehow the coachs' problems?

I think that there is a lack of heart and intensity culture deeply rooted in this the core of this team.

They have PTSD.  2011 shattered them.

are you one of those guys that thinks its the forwards and the coach is blameles...you know as I do..its easier to get rid of the coach.

9 minutes ago, Qwags said:

You just defined 99% of the panic threads on CDC.

I am not panicing at all..I am resigned to what this team is/will be...the ones that dont realize or refuse to are fooling themselves...If CDC all agreed it would be kinda boring..no?

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Sometime alchol gives me courage and God knows I need courage around here .I cant stand WD..I think he is a horrible coach..I dont mind Benning..seems to have a clue..Linden....WTF does he do..oh..run his GYMs and workout to the max.....anyway...the rum is good and I will keep keeping on...cheers.

Oh..I didnt know post count meant anything..I have read some pretty dumb sh%t from others.

The fact you don't know what Linden does is exactly why you're wrong

and dumber than most of the '$&!#' by others

12 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

are you one of those guys that thinks its the forwards and the coach is blameles...you know as I do..its easier to get rid of the coach.

It's kinda like pulling the goalie right?  It's a shake up or a wake up call for the team.

Or, you could just let the coach work through the problem and have a stronger, more cohesive group all round when you get to the other side.  I wonder what would have happened if Burrows hadn't scored that goal to stop the losing streak back in 2009?  They say that AV came to within a whisker of getting fired.  The great AV would have been out on his ear and coaching junior back in Shawinigan or some place. 

I'm glad Benning isn't a reactionary flibbertygibbot.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Hahaha!!!  And you believe this?  Really?  The team is crappy, and heading the wrong way fast.  We are worse than the Torts year.  This team stinks more than my last pair of Depends. 

What do U expect when U don't go out & sign UFA's & instead bring in your rookies. Which is what EVERYBODY wanted wasn't it? Also what JB promised...

Most want Higgins & Burrows out of here too along with Vrbata & Hammer. We didn't resign Richardson, Mathias so McCann & Virtanen can play. When U make moves like that & have to make more before we get better, this was expected.

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

So...we won a game but if this current pattern doesnt change Aqua may step in and demand a CHANGE..no one seems to be mentioning that...its his team...one day he might call Trev at the Gym while he is working out and Benning while he is scouting some guy in Kazakstan...and say...move WD...now I know there are lots of WD fans on this board....Im not one...but it may happen..he OWNS the team and pretty much called the shots on the last shakeup...I dont like ownership running a team but sometimes I get the feeling that this management doesnt have a clue...now I know I will be flammed for this thread  but I have been biting my tongue for awhile now...cheers and Merry Xmas.

...and then he did a Bachelor's degree and understood that things take time. So he did a Masters.

6 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It's kinda like pulling the goalie right?  It's a shake up or a wake up call for the team.

Or, you could just let the coach work through the problem and have a stronger, more cohesive group all round when you get to the other side.  I wonder what would have happened if Burrows hadn't scored that goal to stop the losing streak back in 2009?  They say that AV came to within a whisker of getting fired.  The great AV would have been out on his ear and coaching junior back in Shawinigan or some place. 

I'm glad Benning isn't a reactionary flibbertygibbot.

I like Benning....its WD that I think was the wrong hire...the guy is lost...I am speaking out today after watching this mess for so long...I know its a team in transition  but I cant accept this guys coaching....

16 minutes ago, Edlerberry said:

The fact you don't know what Linden does is exactly why you're wrong

and dumber than most of the '$&!#' by others

We love you Gooseberries.  You're such a positive sort, and charming too.  Linden does nothing other than preparing for the lead in the remake of The Thin Man.  JB is working on his first book.  I hear it's good, real good.  And our coach (hahaha) is trying on some new lifts.  IMO this version of Canuck's management echoes the sounds of horror from the Milford regime.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Hahaha!!!  And you believe this?  Really?  The team is crappy, and heading the wrong way fast.  We are worse than the Torts year.  This team stinks more than my last pair of Depends. 

Really?  No, you're wrong and here's why.

Gillis brought in Torts because he thought that Torts would give the team a kick in the pants and get them going again.  Well, he gave them a kick in the pants alright but the whole outlook was trying to revive what was here back in 2011.  It was looking backwards and Torts dismantled the leadership group.

The Benning / Dejardins team is looking forward.  It is all about renewal and development.  It is a team that has to bottom out but many of the building blocks are in place for the team to reinvent itself.  It's a transitional time right now but the focus is definitely on the future.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Gillis brought in Torts because he thought that Torts would give the team a kick in the pants and get them going again.  Well, he gave them a kick in the pants alright but the whole outlook was trying to revive what was here back in 2011.  It was looking backwards and Torts dismantled the leadership group.

The Benning / Dejardins team is looking forward.  It is all about renewal and development.  It is a team that has to bottom out but many of the building blocks are in place for the team to reinvent itself.  It's a transitional time right now but the focus is definitely on the future.

What a dreamer...really its all so wonderful.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

So you are saying that JB is publicly lying?  He stated, not too long ago, that this current team is better than the 101 point team of last season.  He's lying then, or he cannot evaluate talent, and we are doomed.  It cannot be both.  Which is it?  He's a lying, or a piss poor judge of talent?

10 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

What a dreamer...really its all so wonderful.

Do u think JB & TL didn't know there was going to be growing pains with a 20 yr old sophmore & 3 New Rookies in which 2 of them are still teenagers.?.  U think JB & TL were planning a parade this year? LMAO.  This was part of the process. JB is about 2-3 years away atleast from his final product that he is building

This isn't your 20 piece puzzle you're putting together in your livingroom. This is a puzzle that takes a little longer than yours does to complete...

Now stop the Rum & stick to just the eggnog. 

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Do u think JB & TL didn't know there was going to be growing pains with a 20 yr old sophmore & 3 New Rookies in which 2 of them are still teenagers.?.  U think JB & TL were planning a parade this year? LMAO.  This was part of the process. JB is about 2-3 years away atleast from his final product that he is building

This isn't your 20 piece puzzle you're putting together in your livingroom. This is a puzzle that takes a little longer than yours does to complete...

oh really..I didnt know that...Higgins..Burrows Hamhuis and Prust will really help that parade to come quicker....so all the season ticket holders are just donating this year cuz you think its fair with out a right to bitch ....join the real world bro.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you are saying that JB is publicly lying?  He stated, not too long ago, that this current team is better than the 101 point team of last season.  He's lying then, or he cannot evaluate talent, and we are doomed.  It cannot be both.  Which is it?  He's a lying, or a piss poor judge of talent?

You don't think that a fundamental shift of outlook is a positive thing?  It's a rebuild alright.  I don't understand the aversion they have for using that word.  So what.  Everybody can see it.

I think that Benning thought that he had made some incremental improvements. 

1. Sutter > Bonino
  2. Defense faster, more mobile better puck movers without Bieksa and with the addition of Bartkowski and Hutton
  3. Kassian was a disruptive element for the team and he was moved

But he didn't account for other variables.  Other players like Hamhuis, Higgins and Burrows are losing a step.  Addition of and the promotion of younger players makes the team more vulnerable to the effects of injuries.

Change isn't easy and it isn't for the faint of heart.

Archived