The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This may be premature.. But what will our lines look like when healthy?

Rush17

Who should we keep for a playoff push?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Because we have Vey, Cracknell, Prust, and Higgins in that group. Not exactly stiff competition.

He has an edge on Prust because of his speed, Vey because he actually plays physical, and Higgins because he actually does stuff when he's on the ice.

I have to be honest,I have not really seen Etem play..but the reports about his play in NY are pretty disturbing.

Prust fights and Vey is like a useful swiss army knife...He can slot into different spots.

5 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I have to be honest,I have not really seen Etem play..but the reports about his play in NY are pretty disturbing.

Prust fights and Vey is like a useful swiss army knife...He can slot into different spots.

Etem obviously didn't have a good start in New York.

If he gets back to playing the way he did in Anaheim though, he'll be a great addition to the bottom 6.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Because we have Vey, Cracknell, Prust, and Higgins in that group. Not exactly stiff competition.

He has an edge on Prust because of his speed, Vey because he actually plays physical, and Higgins because he actually does stuff when he's on the ice.

We'll wait until he plays to see what he brings but I see a lot of people penciling him in over Burrows on the 3rd line. I feel people are going to be disappointed. He was traded for a blatantly career AHL guy. I'm skeptical of the value he'll bring this year. Not saying he won't be a good 3rd like guy in the future but to go from healthy scratch and not worthy of anything but a guy who isn't even a great AHL player to fitting in on the 3rd line of our team if it's healthy is a very optimistic view or very pessimistic because our team is that bad. 

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe people should watch Etem for a few games before drooling over him. He was a 4th liner that was on the way out in NY and got some pretty disparaging reviews by Ranger fans. He wasn't all that good in Anaheim other than a couple of highlight reel goals. Of course when he comes to the Canucks he is the next thing to sliced bread according to a lot of posters. Can he turn it around here? i hope so but to expect him to flip a switch and become a top 6 guy is laughable. Looks to me like a clone of David Booth.

We must manage our expectations with Etem.  There are pluses in that he is young, fast and big but AV has much experience in developing youth in the bigs and for Etem not to work out there begs for a caution.  Take it a game at a time.  Etem's coming to Van at a great time where youth is being injected and developed.  Perhaps this could be a career changing trade for him and a solid addition for the organization, but maybe not.  Manage our expectations and exercise patience, let him surprise, do not expect surprise.

NONE.

If this club intents on rebuilding then prust Hamhuis vrbata Miller Higgins should all be gone prior to the deadline. 

As for playoff push, 8 points out of last, masters of the loser point.clearly says a playoff push this season is a major mistake. 

of the teams in the playoffs what team would van play more than 4 games. Revenue from two home games is extremely short sighted. But then again that's typical of this ownership.

Etem with Vey and Virtanen tonight. Looks good.  Etem gonna slide in where Higgins played last game. What do you guys think of this.  I think it will make a big impact on that lines productively in the long run. wouldn't be surprised if we saw a quick spark.  What do u guys think?

Archived