The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RECALL - Taylor Fedun

mll

Just now, J.R. said:

Then why would Bart be gone...?

Might not be Bart, but we'll be one player over the limit.

Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Sbisa, Hamhuis, Biega, Fedun, Bartkowski = 8

Markstrom, Miller = 2

Hank, Dank, Hansen, Baertschi, Horvat, Virtanen, Burrows, Sutter, Vrbata, Prust, McCann, Dorsett, Cracknell, Etem = 14

8 + 2 + 14 = 24. I just figured that Bart's the lowest on the food chain right now.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

Might not be Bart, but we'll be one player over the limit.

Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Sbisa, Hamhuis, Biega, Fedun, Bartkowski = 8

Markstrom, Miller = 2

Hank, Dank, Hansen, Baertschi, Horvat, Virtanen, Burrows, Sutter, Vrbata, Prust, McCann, Dorsett, Cracknell, Etem = 14

8 + 2 + 14 = 24. I just figured that Bart's the lowest on the food chain right now.

Guys are on LTIR, Hamhuis for another ~month. When he comes back, Fedun goes back down (if not sooner). If Hamhuis gets traded, Pedan likely gets recalled.

Short of trading for another D-man, Weber/Bartowski aren't going anywhere and frankly I'll not be remotely surprised to see Bart re-signed in the summer as a 6/7 guy which he'd perfectly sound as.

Just now, J.R. said:

Guys are on LTIR, Hamhuis for another ~month. When he comes back, Fedun goes back down (if not sooner). If Hamhuis gets traded, Pedan likely gets recalled.

Short of trading for another D-man, Weber/Bartowski aren't going anywhere and frankly I'll not be remotely surprised to see Bart re-signed in the summer as a 6/7 guy which he'd perfectly sound as.

I know. But if Fedun becomes unexpendable (??) as Biega has, it will be interesting to see who gets moved. 

Adding to the situation, there's a chance that Tryamkin may come over in the late spring as well.

4 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I know. But if Fedun becomes unexpendable (??) as Biega has, it will be interesting to see who gets moved. 

Adding to the situation, there's a chance that Tryamkin may come over in the late spring as well.

If he became 'un-expendable' Weber would be in the press box until which point Hamhuis gets back. Then I'd guess we'd move Hamhuis shortly thereafter and bring Fedun back up.

Good opportunity for Fedun to get back into NHL action (or least get a nice pay bonus). Makes sense to send Pedan down as he needs to play and not spend too much time in the press box.

As far as Weber vs Beiga vs Etc, generally the 7/8 defensemen aren't going to make or break your blueline. Our success lies in the health and performance of our top 4.

37 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Watch him become another Biega.

Bye bye, Bartkowsk?

As others have mentioned, clearly Weber would be the first to sit. Bartkowski, while almost just as bad as Weber defensively, has grit and speed, and has proven to have developed chemistry with Biega.

Weber is, by far, the weakest (both physically and psychologically) link in the Canucks defense. His PP prowess is near catatonic, and his play in the Canucks end is pathetic.

He needs to go and ruin some other team.  

13 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Canucks' call up AHL player to eat hot dogs should be the headline lol these guys never even get a chance. so yep.

That's why Bo-sang sucks so bad! Somebody need to get him a nutritionist.

Archived