The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-4 Capitals

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Just now, chickenman92 said:

The most frustrating thing about this team is what are they doing? 

Are they trying to be a playoff team? If they are, then they better start playing playing a lot harder then they are. The effort level on a regular basis is at pre-season level, and they need to play at post-season intensity if they want a shot. How can they not get up for the top team in the NHL?

Or are they trying to tank? Playing Prust and Dorsett mare then 10 minutes a game...that should get them a top pick. 

They are rebuilding. They're saying they're goal is to make the playoffs, every team says that. Other wise they wouldn't sell tickets. It's a business. It would be wise not to believe everything you hear from someone who's trying to sell you something. 

They're getting younger, building a foundation of 2nd, 3rd and 4th liners. Trying to build a foundation of D. Then if they can manage to get some high end talent via the draft they're on their way. 

Prust Dorsett and the like are here as vets who won't let the kids be pushed around. Virt, McCann, Horvat and Hutton need some protection, that's the role of those 4th liners here, to make sure kids have confidence to develop properly.

6 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

Ideally, the captain should be the most respected player on your team. Like it or not, that is Hank, but finding someone who from time-to-time can challenge Hank and Daniel... well they traded those guys to Anaheim. 

I wonder what this team looks like if they went to Kesler and said, "we want to build around you. Say the word and the Twins are gone."

Instead though, Kesler, the character guy that he is said "I want out", and now tries to hurt former teammates.

&^@# Kesler.

secondly: the refs hate him too.  He's one of the biggest divers and mouthpieces in the league.  Kesler has never been a captain and never will....

rk17 underwear idiot.

im not doughting there heart  desire and abilities at all think about what the team thinks every time the disrespect crap happens he,s not vocal ENOUGH on the ice in the dressing room amongst them selfs captains callout someone who isn't towing the line i don't know if he,s got that kind of natural authority in him

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

im not doughting there heart  desire and abilities at all think about what the team thinks every time the disrespect crap happens he,s not vocal ENOUGH on the ice in the dressing room amongst them selfs captains callout someone who isn't towing the line i don't know if he,s got that kind of natural authority in him

Being in the room, you'd know....

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They are rebuilding. They're saying they're goal is to make the playoffs, every team says that. Other wise they wouldn't sell tickets. It's a business. It would be wise not to believe everything you hear from someone who's trying to sell you something. 

They're getting younger, building a foundation of 2nd, 3rd and 4th liners. Trying to build a foundation of D. Then if they can manage to get some high end talent via the draft they're on their way. 

Prust Dorsett and the like are here as vets who won't let the kids be pushed around. Virt, McCann, Horvat and Hutton need some protection, that's the role of those 4th liners here, to make sure kids have confidence to develop properly.

I get they want to sell tickets, but doing it by lying to you customers does more harm then good in the long run. Would you have much faith in a product that it took a lie to sell you? Pretty much every Canadian team has gone through a bad year or two in the past decade. It's only after they use the "R" word that fans get off their back and get behind them. 

And your comment about needing someone to watch the kids...it's pretty hard for the opposition to beat up your young players when they stapled to the bench or watching from the press box. 

7 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Do you KNOW what his demeanor is in the dressing room? Do you KNOW what he's like amongst the players? Do you KNOW he hasn't ever called anyone out? No, you don't so please don't keep going on about it as if you do know. Great leaders come in all shapes and sizes....not just your misguided impression of what one 'should' be.

You may be a noob and unaware that it's just not kosher to deride our team captain in the post-game thread but you've overstepped greatly, even for a 'noob'.

23 minutes ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

How did Etem play today? 

Through the first two periods he was one of the better Canucks.  Was in on the attack, made some good plays on D, and have a couple good chances.  Caps were clearly a better team and had the Canucks bottled up at times, but they defended fairly well.  Four goals against but Canucks didn't make it that difficult.  Edler caught on the first, Purrbata deflected the second, Biega and Bart had time in their own zone but gave up the puck on the third, and Edler lazy on the last-second empty-netter.

Edler's back into a disinterested fog, but Bartkowski was probably worse.  Hopefully Sbisa's back tomorrow and either Weber or Bart come out.  But if Edler's going to play like that, it's better he's not out there either.  Forwards were okay but D really needs fixing.  Can't have only 3 playing decently.

6 minutes ago, jdatb said:

And I've browsed enough forums to know you're a troll.

not at all I'm new here I'm a nux fan through and through ,the only resin all the crap keeps happening is because of a result of marchant which for me happened to be an all time low for the team

6 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

I get they want to sell tickets, but doing it by lying to you customers does more harm then good in the long run. Would you have much faith in a product that it took a lie to sell you? Pretty much every Canadian team has gone through a bad year or two in the past decade. It's only after they use the "R" word that fans get off their back and get behind them. 

And your comment about needing someone to watch the kids...it's pretty hard for the opposition to beat up your young players when they stapled to the bench or watching from the press box. 

I don't know if they're lying, I'm sure they'd love to make the playoffs and win a round or 2. It's not they guaranteed anything.

Are they going to with this roster? The customer has to decide that. They're not going to tell you it's a rebuild. They've decided that and it is what it is. 

As far harming the business in long run... you're not buying a defective TV when Visions lied to you. This is a sports team, when they start winning people will be lined up to buy tickets again. Winning sells in sports. 

Tough game to watch, but it's pretty clear that Washington has a heck of a team. Looking forward to seeing them in the playoffs. Washington kept us in the defensive zone for a good chunk of the game, and I'm surprised we weren't completely blown out. Miller stopped 36/39, which is respectable considering he's been out for 8 games. Wouldn't have minded seeing Markstrom in net, but there's no way that would've been a game breaker.

Edler bobbled the puck on his break out, but I don't think the fault is on him for the first goal. There was a lousy change, and Weber should've blocked the passing lane instead of checking the puck handler. Onus is on Webbs.

2nd goal was unfortunate with the deflection off Vrby's stick. I'm wondering if a coaching challenge could've been issued with Niskanen's clear interference on Baertschi. Not completely certain what can and cannot be challenged.

Bartowski should've been checking Wilson's stick on that 3rd goal. Biega did pretty well with trying to clear the puck, but was double teamed. Misplay by Miller too.

Dirty power play goal by Vrby. Hope this leads to him providing more consistent scoring. Horvat's point streak continues for what it's worth. Feel really bad for Burrows right now. Had a wicked shot off the post, drew a couple of penalties. He's obviously putting the effort in. He's playing well, but just isn't able to get it in the net. 

Edler seemed to lose all interest in clearing the defensive zone. Handed the puck right over to Kuznetsov. Cringe worthy.

Some of the reffing was atrocious. The follow through by Vey, the missed call on Baerstchi, and the non boarding call of Bartowski. But it's hard to complain when Sutherland called both high sticks on Burrows, and Cracknell drawing a very weak tripping call.

Our D definitely leaves a lot to be desired, but it wasn't a terrible game considering we were playing the number one team in the league. 

Just my thoughts. On to Carolina.

14 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Do you KNOW what his demeanor is in the dressing room? Do you KNOW what he's like amongst the players? Do you KNOW he hasn't ever called anyone out? No, you don't so please don't keep going on about it as if you do know. Great leaders come in all shapes and sizes....not just your misguided impression of what one 'should' be.

You may be a noob and unaware that it's just not kosher to deride our team captain in the post-game thread but you've overstepped greatly, even for a 'noob'.

i love the sedans as much as any canucks fan and i would defend them in any argument with a fan of another team. my point was i think there not captain material. isn't that what this site is all about. to make points about our team. I'm not the only one one who thinks this about our leaders

Lots of you who don't watch out of market teams or the Caps too often are saying WSH is a real good team.

I'm someone who follows WSH very closely, big fan or Caps and OV and I can honestly tell you guys they didn't even really try hard today. 

This is a very heavy team that leans on you all game long. Watched them play against BOS the other day, just owned BOS all night long.

Caps are missing their best Dman to ltir and best shut down Dman to ltir in Carlsson and Orpik That's 2 top 4 Dmen out of lineup for quite a while now and the teams still rolling like a well oiled machine. Can't wait for the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know if they're lying, I'm sure they'd love to make the playoffs and win a round or 2. It's not they guaranteed anything.

Are they going to with this roster? The customer has to decide that. They're not going to tell you it's a rebuild. They've decided that and it is what it is. 

As far harming the business in long run... you're not buying a defective TV when Visions lied to you. This is a sports team, when they start winning people will be lined up to buy tickets again. Winning sells in sports. 

With the way this management group is running things...it could be awhile. You are correct, winning sells, but I doubt it will be with Willie, Benning and Linden. 

As far as not saying their re-building, people would cut them a whole lot more slack if they just come out and say it.  

Just now, chickenman92 said:

With the way this management group is running things...it could be awhile. You are correct, winning sells, but I doubt it will be with Willie, Benning and Linden. 

As far as not saying their re-building, people would cut them a whole lot more slack if they just come out and say it.  

Out they come yet again, always after a loss.  And always with the same weak and tired schtick.

Archived