The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin: The real All Star Game MVP

Aleksander Barkov

8 hours ago, Dral said:

So looking back on the whole ordeal, does anyone else think the NHL set up the whole John Scott thing simply to increase ratings?

Or am I giving them too much credit?

Either way, one thing I noticed about thegames, they would have been bloody fantastic if all the players gave even 90% effort of what they give during the regular season... it really looked like a bunch of pee wee's out there, even the highlights were pretty lame

I was wondering that as well. If it was intentional then whoever came up with it deserves a raise and a promotion. I am not convinced the NHL employs anyone that is that smart though.

2 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Kind of like John Garrett in 1983...  Canuck would-be-MVP gets robbed by circumstance...

That, and in the 2002 All Star Game when Markus Naslund should have won it as he led in points with 2 goals and 1 assist, and scored the winning goal. Instead, they gave it to Eric Daze from the losing team.

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The NHL All-Star game is more for the kids and I would say that Bettman and the NHL handled the John Scott situation very well. It wasn't necessarily about the best players in the game, but an assorted cast of great players and Scott. It showed the kids that even if you're not in the league you can still be a Star. The cowpokes in Nashville sure ate it up, and that's good for the league.

Handled very well? What I saw was the NHL in serious damage control mode all weekend after having tried to manipulate his ouster from this game through intimidation tactics and slimy backdoor deals. If that was them handling the situation very well, I'd hate to see it when they screw up.

Its just the old Canuck luck rearing its head once again.  The one year the All Star game embraces the lovable lug, who can do no wrong, is the one year that the ACTUAL best player on the ice was the sole Canuck player that was invited.

But no way that would go to Kane, or Perry, or any player that may have had the most points, if Danny didn't.  And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way either. And I can only imagine if a Canuck, a Sedin, was announced the MVP. We get enough hate. No thanks.

But yeah, any other year Daniel would have been a lock. That's ok, I'm just stoked by how well he did. Represent!

On February-01-16 at 7:25 PM, 1thought said:

NHL Jeopardy

NHL Fan: Alex, I'll take 2016 NHL All Star game for $1M.

Alex: In 2016, only 1 player put up 4 points in the 3 player mini-series.

NHL Fan: Who was ... ahhhh... mmm.. I .. uhh....  honestly Alex - I haven't got a clue. They didn't announce it.

You for real ... we have a troll..actually seems like we have many Trolls here on this topic..Yeah Daniel should have won!!

but what happens when you have a train that could at the all star game.. Personally after what the league did to him ..I am really glad

he stuffed it in thier face. what I dont understand is how the most hated little man in Bettmen gets a new deal man if I was in

a dark alley with him... I dont know but lets make sure that never happens. lol

The NHL disrespected Daniel by holding a fan vote to decide the MVP.

The fans disrespected Daniel by conspiring to vote for some plug.

Subsequently John Scott disrespected Daniel by not declining the award and asking it to be presented to Daniel. Will Scott's daughters be proud of their father after such a grievous insult?

The Pacific all stars disrespected Daniel by picking up John Scott after the game. Did these bums forget that they won 1M because Daniel scoring 4 points?

Finally TSN disrespected Daniel by not mentioning him in a game summary. Imagine that, the game summary!

So while Daniel probably didn't even give this a thought I feel that it is my responsibility to feel the outrage for him.

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, X-PatLostInEdm said:

Handled very well? What I saw was the NHL in serious damage control mode all weekend after having tried to manipulate his ouster from this game through intimidation tactics and slimy backdoor deals. If that was them handling the situation very well, I'd hate to see it when they screw up.

They once sold the Islanders to a fraudster with no money, that was pretty comical listening to Bettman doing damage control on that.  If that fraudster didn't sign the team back to the NHL it is very likely the Islanders would of folded.  What other pro league would allow such incompetence?

On 2/2/2016 at 9:01 PM, alfstonker said:

The best player on the ice was Drew Doughty. He can do everything, he's inexhaustible and he is the epitome of the quintessential SC player.

I had no problem with Scott getting MVP but let's not kid ourselves Doughty is without peers imo.

In the all star game? I could probably list 6-7 better players than him in the all star game.

John Scott scored just under 20 % of his career points that night, Daniel Sedin, just over .4%.

20%>10%>1%>.4%

The all start weekend is meant to be fun and the John Scott story sure added to it and he had a good game, there really was no other choice and i'm sure most fans and pretty much all the players would have been disappointed if he hadn't been picked.

51 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

John Scott scored just under 20 % of his career points that night, Daniel Sedin, just over .4%.

20%>10%>1%>.4%

The all start weekend is meant to be fun and the John Scott story sure added to it and he had a good game, there really was no other choice and i'm sure most fans and pretty much all the players would have been disappointed if he hadn't been picked.

I hope a NHL team out there actually gives him a shot. Sucks he got buried over something he tried to squash in the first place.

Archived