The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin: The real All Star Game MVP

Aleksander Barkov

are most of you really whining about the allstar game and how the nhl is against us there too. frick u guys on here really no how to piss me off in the middle of the night. give the conspiracy crap a rest for just this weekend. its no wonder how a few of you give us all a bad name.

I thoroughly enjoyed the games - fun to watch. Scott didn't look too out of place and threw a hit and got in a "fight." Just wish he had scored after hitting Kane though! 

Daniel did lead the way with four points but didn't really stand out like some of the others did. He didn't seem like he was as into it - maybe it was his speed. Or lack of haha.

What does anger me though is that in no article on TSN is he mentioned. If a Leaf led all players in scoring, it would be the bloody headline. I bet any other player would get a mention. The Sedins get zero respect (hardly a revelation). You think there would be at least one sentence saying Daniel Sedin led the way for the Pacific Division with 4 points. I just don't get it. 

I love the idea of introducing fan favourites, one from each division.  I really enjoyed the level of emotion it brought into the game, from the players and fans alike...it gave the fans a voice,  and a fabulous guy the best hockey moment of his life!

Allstars know they are cherished by their fans, and in fact, having this situation has made me respect and love them even more....until the playoffs!  

Our Sedins....our unsung heroes would not have had it any other way.  Congrats to the team!

ALL-STAR GAME LOOKED LIKE THE  HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS CIRCUS ???  

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN AND GOOF AROUND LIKE LITTLE SCHOOL KIDS??? AND INCLUDE A AMERICAN IDOL FAN VOTE STYLE Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey CIRCUS  FEEL ??? THEN THIS IS YOUR FORMAT ,

I FOR ONE DON'T CARE FOR THE CLOWN-SHOES APPROACH TO A ALL-STAR HOCKEY GAME ,SHOULD LEAVE THE CLOWNS SHOES FOR THE NBA SLAM-DUNK.

IF THE NHL AND ITS PLAYERS REALLY WANTED TO HELP OUT THEIR FANS , PLAY A REAL GAME OF HOCKEY WITH ALL PROCEEDS GOING TO HELP FANS AND COMMUNITIES , 

ALSO GIVE 10 % OF ALL NHL PLAYERS YEARLY SALARIES TO CHILDREN'S CHARITIES , 

.I FOR ONE THINK NHL HOCKEY PLAYERS AND TEAM OWNERS ARE RICH ENOUGH TO GIVE BACK $$$ INSTEAD OF CLOWNING AROUND.

NHL REMEMBER WHO FLIPS THE BILL FOR THEIR KIDS TO SEE THE NHL ALL-STAR CIRCUS, YA US THE PARENTS , IF I WANTED TO TAKE MY KID TO SEE CLOWNS ? I WOULD TAKE THEM TO A CIRCUS OR A NBA SLAM-DUNK.  #CLOWNSHOEHOCKEY

PS - WHO IS  (  JOHN SCOTT  ???? )   #NHLHOCKEYRINGLINGBROCIRCUS  

AGREEDED NOT HARD TO LOOK GOOD IN A CIRCUS OF FOOLS .

ANYONE WHO LIKES THE NEW HOCKEY ALL-STAR FORMAT ARE ALL JUST WANNABEES !!! NOT REAL HOCKEY FANS.

YOU-ALL NEEDS TO GO BACK TO  WATCHING YOUR JERRY SPRINGER / AMERICAN IDOL /  THE OPRA CHANNEL .    AND LEAVE THE NHL TO REAL HOCKEY FANS ( CANADIANS ) ,  NOT  (  AMERICAN IDIOT FAN VOTES  )

NHL ALL-STAR GAME WAS  JUST ANOTHER AMERICAN IDIOT TV SHOW , 

CANADA NEEDS TO FORM A HOCKEY LEAGUE WITH EUROPE AND RUSSIA AND LEAVE THE USA TO THEIR CLOWN SHOES SHOW.   ( this is my on-line fan vote  #SUCKITNHL  )

7 minutes ago, BoneOzone said:

ANYONE WHO LIKES THE NEW HOCKEY ALL-STAR FORMAT ARE ALL JUST WANNABEES !!! NOT REAL HOCKEY FANS.

YOU-ALL NEEDS TO GO BACK TO  WATCHING YOUR JERRY SPRINGER / AMERICAN IDOL /  THE OPRA CHANNEL .    AND LEAVE THE NHL TO REAL HOCKEY FANS ( CANADIANS ) ,  NOT  (  AMERICAN IDIOT FAN VOTES  )

CANADA NEEDS TO FORM A HOCKEY LEAGUE WITH EUROPE AND RUSSIA AND LEAVE THE USA TO THEIR CLOWN SHOES SHOW.   ( this is my on-line fan vote  #SUCKITNHL  )

It was a feel good story, It had excitement and was great to watch. Best ASG I've seen in years. 

Get over yourself and see it for what it was. 

4 hours ago, linden17 said:

are most of you really whining about the allstar game and how the nhl is against us there too. frick u guys on here really no how to piss me off in the middle of the night. give the conspiracy crap a rest for just this weekend. its no wonder how a few of you give us all a bad name.

It is painful isn't it. I don't know what's happened but seems like these boards have been hit by a wave of prepubescents that probably started watching hockey during our Cup run in 2011.

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

shows how clueless willie is in 3on3  sorta funny  wed have like 5-7 more wins if we had a coach that knew hockey

6 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

And here we all were saying how rubbish Dank is at 3-on-3...

They weren't exactly going at full speed out there so not sure how one can take anything out of a game like that.

42 minutes ago, BoneOzone said:

Grab a paper bag, put it over your head and breath slow.

11 hours ago, homersexual said:

It saddens me to see Luongo AND Schneider there.  Fken CBC announcers constantly reminding Canuck fans that we had both.

Vancouver spits out elite goaltenders. It's a reflection of how elite the franchise is and how inferior every other city is to our illustrious franchise. 

So looking back on the whole ordeal, does anyone else think the NHL set up the whole John Scott thing simply to increase ratings?

Or am I giving them too much credit?

Either way, one thing I noticed about thegames, they would have been bloody fantastic if all the players gave even 90% effort of what they give during the regular season... it really looked like a bunch of pee wee's out there, even the highlights were pretty lame

3 hours ago, BoneOzone said:

ALL-STAR GAME LOOKED LIKE THE  HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS CIRCUS ???  

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN AND GOOF AROUND LIKE LITTLE SCHOOL KIDS??? AND INCLUDE A AMERICAN IDOL FAN VOTE STYLE Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey CIRCUS  FEEL ??? THEN THIS IS YOUR FORMAT ,

I FOR ONE DON'T CARE FOR THE CLOWN-SHOES APPROACH TO A ALL-STAR HOCKEY GAME ,SHOULD LEAVE THE CLOWNS SHOES FOR THE NBA SLAM-DUNK.

IF THE NHL AND ITS PLAYERS REALLY WANTED TO HELP OUT THEIR FANS , PLAY A REAL GAME OF HOCKEY WITH ALL PROCEEDS GOING TO HELP FANS AND COMMUNITIES , 

ALSO GIVE 10 % OF ALL NHL PLAYERS YEARLY SALARIES TO CHILDREN'S CHARITIES , 

.I FOR ONE THINK NHL HOCKEY PLAYERS AND TEAM OWNERS ARE RICH ENOUGH TO GIVE BACK $$$ INSTEAD OF CLOWNING AROUND.

NHL REMEMBER WHO FLIPS THE BILL FOR THEIR KIDS TO SEE THE NHL ALL-STAR CIRCUS, YA US THE PARENTS , IF I WANTED TO TAKE MY KID TO SEE CLOWNS ? I WOULD TAKE THEM TO A CIRCUS OR A NBA SLAM-DUNK.  #CLOWNSHOEHOCKEY

PS - WHO IS  (  JOHN SCOTT  ???? )   #NHLHOCKEYRINGLINGBROCIRCUS  

AGREEDED NOT HARD TO LOOK GOOD IN A CIRCUS OF FOOLS .

When was the last time you saw an ASG that had any kind of  or meaning to it...they are exactly what you say they are.. a showcase that means nothing..this one however had a little excitement and try to it...I for one enjoyed it more than any  all star game I have seen in years.

13 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

Eh, I think it was good to let John Scott enjoy the moment. I mean lets face it, this is pretty much the highlight for his career, as well as one of the best weekends of his life. After all the crap he had to deal with from the fans as well as the ass clowns that run the NHL, I think he was the real MVP. 

The thing is the John Scott " story " is a great one, and the read he put out before the allstar game gave it some inside perspective a lot of us tend to forget or not acknowledge with professional athletes. But the League having him there was the right thing to do in the sense they created this format where fans can vote in anybody, not to take away anything from John Scott.

The League with their format for voting is absolutely garbage and has been for some time, to be taken seriously they'd need to completely revamp that. This is also the " best League " in the world. I am sorry it's not the sympathy or everybody wins, or fun league.

More attention should be drawn to the skill in these events and the best players in the World, to excel playing against the best should warrant acknowledgement.

Archived