The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 Highschool Wrestlers in Oklahoma charged with RAPE

Hugor Hill

http://www.nydailynews.com/oklahoma-high-school-wrestlers-face-rape-charge-hazing-article-1.2517136?utm_content=buffere6c78&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Four Oklahoma high school wrestlers charged with rape following hazing incident on bus

Four Oklahoma high school student wrestlers have been charged with rape following a hazing incident.

The Norman North High School students were charged Monday following a police investigation of sexual assaults on two other wrestlers aged 16 and 12 on a bus.

The incident happened in January as the junior varsity wrestling team returned from a tournament, reported NewsOK.com.

Tanner Shipman, 18, Sage Gandenberger, 17, and Chase Smith, 16, have been charged with three counts of rape by instrumentation.

Also charged with one count of rape by instrumentation is 17-year-old Hunter Matthews.

Sick....

This crime is barbaric...maybe they should be tried like barbaric times...you know, the old eye for and eye.

If you were caught stealing, they cut off your hand.

Well, you know what I'm implying that should be cut off in this case...

9 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Sick....

This crime is barbaric...maybe they should be tried like barbaric times...you know, the old eye for and eye.

This kind of thinking is sick. You're no better than them.

Disturbing as hell...hazing is all well and good, everyone gets some sort of initiation.

But when did freezing a hard hat, hiding sporting equipment, forcing someone to drink or eat something nasty or pranking turn in to this kind of crap so regularly?

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

You're saying I'm no better than a rapist?  Really? WTF dude.  What a messed up thing to say to anyone. 

That kind of thinking. You call it barbaric and then advocate for barbaric retribution. That's wtf.

29 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Sick....

TBH, rapists and child molesters get utterly destroyed in prison.

30 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Sick....

Wouldn't an eye for an eye imply that if you steal something should be stolen from you?

Cutting off someone's hand as punishment for stealing hardly seems equal.

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Wouldn't an eye for an eye imply that if you steal something should be stolen from you?

Cutting off someone's hand as punishment for stealing hardly seems equal.

Because that would be the real barbarism - raping someone because they raped.  No one should have to be a victim of that.

(yes, cutting off someone's hand isn't a nice thing to do)

Edit: so yeah, I was wrong to state "eye for an eye"....it should be more of a punishment that fits the crime / stops them from doing it again...

13 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm still not sure about the RAPE in the title...

Also, Jesus Christ! What the hell were the coaches doing that they didn't notice and stop this?

No kidding.  One coach fired, another suspended, per the article.  Doesn't say how many were on the bus.  Throw the book at 'em!

Archived