The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

hamhuis is better and I wouldn't risk Dallas or another WC team picking up the better defenseman.

Hamhuis and Russell have different strengths, but I don't know if Hamhuis is head and shoulders above a guy like Russell anymore. In 2011 i would agree, but its 2016 now, and Hamhuis has lost a step. Regardless, I doubt Chicago is scared of Dallas even if they dont add any help.

I don't know much about Pokka but I know that aside from the top 3 dman on Chicago they have absolutely nothing and Pokka if he were any spectacular why wouldn't he be playing with Chicago? 

1st + Pokka for Hamhuis would be fine but throwing Vrbata too? Basically we're getting nothing for Vrbata.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

Hamhuis and Russell have different strengths, but I don't know if Hamhuis is head and shoulders above a guy like Russell anymore. In 2011 i would agree, but its 2016 now, and Hamhuis has lost a step. Regardless, I doubt Chicago is scared of Dallas even if they dont add any help.

Still bringing in the better defenseman just makes you that much more better than anyone else.

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

Dallas is currently 1 point ahead of Chicago. Dallas adding Hamhuis and Chicago doing nothing could be a significant shift in a head to head series.

10 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

If they don't need a top 2 guy why is this thread even here then? 

Because they are looking for an experienced defenseman for depth. You know, a top 4 guy.Unless you are suggesting that Hamhuis could replace Keith or Seabrook on the top pairing...which i doubt.

Just now, Mustapha said:

Because they are looking for an experienced defenseman for depth. You know, a top 4 guy.Unless you are suggesting that Hamhuis could replace Keith or Seabrook on the top pairing...which i doubt.

Too bad he's been traded to the east or else he can help get Hamhuis more playing time:

2 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

They are looking for a top 4 LHD and the only 2 that are available are Hamhuis and Russell. I would put Hamhuis at the top of their list but I am sure they will happily take Russell at a discounted price.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Still bringing in the better defenseman just makes you that much more better than anyone else.

Define 'better'. Russell is better at blocking shots and getting in on offensive plays.

Hamhuis eats a lot of minutes and is arguably superior defensively, but that is negated by the fact that Chicago plays a puck possession game, so they would want to generate offense with the puck, not sit back and defend

Archived