The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

@FarhanLaljiTSN

Hearing that #Blackhawks have serious interest in Hamhuis & Vrbata. No word yet on whether Hamhuis is willing to waive NTC. #Canucks

will be interesting to see if a deal is made, as the Canucks may have to take back a contract like Bickell in any deal.

i knew this would get a thread. I am pumped if this happens. THey have good pieces to offer up. I hope we dont have to take Bickell at full salary back, or if we do the return is really good....

I want hammer to win a cup then come back home we could use his presence on D to mentor the youth and he can retire here win win

Vrbata to CHI makes sense to me. People keep saying they specifically need a LW, but really they just need a winger who can chip in some more goals, on either side. 

Vrbata used to play for Chicago also, not many remain from his days there, but Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook and Bryan Bickell were all on the team then. 

i'd rather trade them separately, or else I feel the package would be less total than trading them to two separate teams.

Also, they might be interested in both, but that doesn't mean they'll necessarily trade for both.  Could be a either/or scenario, where if they can get hamhuis, they target a lesser forward than vrbata or vice-versa.

Highly unlikely they both go to Chicago in the same trade.

11 minutes ago, Nail said:

@FarhanLaljiTSN

Hearing that #Blackhawks have serious interest in Hamhuis & Vrbata. No word yet on whether Hamhuis is willing to waive NTC. #Canucks

will be interesting to see if a deal is made, as the Canucks may have to take back a contract like Bickell in any deal.

Lalji is such a parasite. That being said, could make things very interesting.

Archived