The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chances of our first round pick playing in the nhl next season.

73 Percent

Not one to start many topics but i thought this may be something worth discussing. By now everyone should know that we will be picking from 1-6. That narrows the players were lookig at to about 8-10. Of the players that we will likely be picking what are their odds of playing with the big club next season?

1. Mathews-100%

2. Laine-100%

3. Puljujarvi- 90%

4. Tkatchuk- 40%

5. Dubois- 25%

6. Nylander- 40%

7. Sergachev- 5%

8. Chyrchrun- 35%

9. Juolevi -25%

Let me know what you guys think

Just now, Gstank29 said:

I think this belongs in the draft thread just like the 5 other threads about the draft........

Matthew 100%

Laine 100%

Puljujarvi 100%

Tkachuk 60%

Dubois 10%

Sergachev 0%

Chychurn 70%

Juolevi 50%

Nylander 10%

My bad. Mods please move. I dont normally make threads. This seemed like an appropriate place.

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

Not one to start many topics but i thought this may be something worth discussing. By now everyone should know that we will be picking from 1-6. That narrows the players were lookig at to about 8-10. Of the players that we will likely be picking what are their odds of playing with the big club next season?

1. Mathews-100%

2. Laine-100%

3. Puljujarvi- 90%

4. Tkatchuk- 40%

5. Dubois- 25%

6. Nylander- 40%

7. Sergachev- 5%

8. Chyrchrun- 35%

9. Juolevi -25%

Let me know what you guys think

Fun post Goose.

Matthews 100%

Laine 100%

Puljujarvi 100%

Tkatchuk 100%

Dubois 0%

Nylander 0%

Sergachev 50%

Chyrchrun 100%

Juolevi 0%

Barring injury.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fun post Goose.

Matthews 100%

Laine 100%

Puljujarvi 100%

Tkatchuk 100%

Dubois 0%

Nylander 0%

Sergachev 50%

Chyrchrun 100%

Juolevi 0%

Barring injury.

I agree with everything here except Tkatchuk. I really think he's overrated ;) 

3 minutes ago, junglesniper said:

At what pick? And where do we pick in this scenario?

Missing a lot of context

At any pick other than one.  Marner was a surprise at 4, so maybe that London connection carries a lot of weight in their draft choices?  Personally Alf would select a Finn at 2 and 3, but this is the Leafs.  Maybe they even trade down to 4 to get Tkatchuk and collect another asset?  

Just now, Alflives said:

At any pick other than one.  Marner was a surprise at 4, so maybe that London connection carries a lot of weight in their draft choices?  Personally Alf would select a Finn at 2 and 3, but this is the Leafs.  Maybe they even trade down to 4 to get Tkatchuk and collect another asset?  

If any GM who's picking in the top 3 trades down other than Edmonton (assuming they get a top 3 pick and the return is a SOLID defenseman) then they're retarded. The top 3 picks are so valuable with Matthews/the Finns.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It's obviously a possibility, but if the leafs have a chance at a Finn, i don't think they'll trade down. If they fall the 4, I could see them trading back a few spots to see if Tkatchuk falls, sure.

100%. After showing they'd rather have guys like Virtanen and McCann play up than go back to to Junior it's hard to see our top 6 pick go down as well. It would be easier sending McCann to the AHL to play top 6 minutes and bring up our our new kid. Not to mention Matthew, Laine and Pul already know what it's like to play against men.

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Marner wasn't a surprise pick. He was a consensus top 5 pick. Kid just put up back to back 2.0 ppg seasons and is tearing it up in the playoffs with 19 points in 8 games. 

Archived