The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Draft Party

WalkWithElias

On 4/20/2016 at 0:47 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

How's this for a "riot"?

Bettman: "We have a trade to announce...

Vancouver trades the #2 pick..to the Calgary Flames(they pick at #3) for Mark Jankowski(Highly recommended by Weisbrod), Emile Poirier(Another Weisbrod recommendation) and Calgary's 2017 first and second picks."

After the draft....

Brian Burke: "No one was going to leave with both Finns except us. These guys(Laine & Puljujarvi) CAN play."

Benning: "Jankowski and Poirier give us size and depth up front. I don't like missing the playoffs and I like our chances of making them next year."

Linden: "I know our fans are disappointed but there are times we need to make tough decisions and we made a very tough decision today."

CDC and Canucks Nation: :shock::angry::mad::wacko::sick::picard::excl::excl::excl:

Vancouver sports media: ::D:bigblush:

The rest of Canada: :lol::P

Knock on wood. 

Bettman: "We have another trade to announce, (crowd boos) You're gonna wanna hear this, Vancouver trades their 2nd and 3rd round picks to Toronto for defenceman Frank Carrodo".

After the draft..

Benning: "Like, You know..Trevor and I felt as if moving forward the best idea was to shore up the defense position, Like, Franks familiar with the city, He's familiar with some of the players so like we felt moving forward we thought we would bring him back and he would fit right in moving forward, We felt like it was a real good draft day fort us".

Linden: {crickets} ...not available for coment.

CDC: Erupts.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:35 PM, dsedinfan22 said:

so i was in the team store today, and one of the sales  associates told me the team might hold a draft party at the same time they do the year end sale , this will be cool attending watching them draft our future for the team.

Would this be an actual party/event at the arena, or something more virtual?

Of course all Canucks fans want a top 3 pick, but if we get 6th I won't be surprised. Will I be upset? Maybe a little disappointed, because it seems the Canucks never have luck on their side, and well, 6th is the worst the Canucks can do. Now if EDM gets a top 3 and we don't, then I'll be pissed.

Matthews

Laine

Puljujarvi

Dubois

Tkachuk

Juolevi or trade down to get McLeod.

2 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

Bettman: "We have another trade to announce, (crowd boos) You're gonna wanna hear this, Vancouver trades their 2nd and 3rd round picks to Toronto for defenceman Frank Carrodo".

After the draft..

Benning: "Like, You know..Trevor and I felt as if moving forward the best idea was to shore up the defense position, Like, Franks familiar with the city, He's familiar with some of the players so like we felt moving forward we thought we would bring him back and he would fit right in moving forward, We felt like it was a real good draft day fort us".

Linden: {crickets} ...not available for coment.

CDC: Erupts.

U like your drama ehh!

5 hours ago, gameburn said:

Saw on Twitter earlier Canucks are hosting a draft lottery party at the Boston Pizza ( near the Rog ? ) on Saturday with the woman who hosts Canucks TV Hannah Bernard and some alumni appearances

no details about price,  but it said space is limited 

ok just checked , it's at the Boston Pizza Stadium district, 4pm there will be specials and prizes

9 hours ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Saw on Twitter earlier Canucks are hosting a draft lottery party at the Boston Pizza ( near the Rog ? ) on Saturday with the woman who hosts Canucks TV Hannah Bernard and some alumni appearances

no details about price,  but it said space is limited 

ok just checked , it's at the Boston Pizza Stadium district, 4pm there will be specials and prizes

Thanks.

On 21 April 2016 at 4:14 PM, gumshoe242 said:

paraphernalia... and don't mention riots.  Canuck haters are still holding the last one against us.

Yeh 'cause it never happened and no Canucks fans were to blame. It was just made up (like the moon landings) by the US media.

On 21 April 2016 at 6:47 PM, appleboy said:

Do Canuck fans trust that the up and coming draft lotto will be held fairly? If Arizona wins will you think that it has been rigged? If the Canucks get pushed down to 6th, what will you think?

I for one, am convinced it is rigged. It's a stitch up. Draw order.

1 - Arizona - Mathews

2 - Edmonton will draw Laine

3 - Toronto - Pul

4 - Col. - Tkachuk

5 - Calgary - Dubois

6 - Van - Nylander, trade down for Juolevi.

Van f-------- over again.

What's wrong with me - I don't want Matthews.

For a few weeks now I have had a nagging feeling Matthews will be a bust for us. I can't really justify it, just something about his face. He looks like a Boston player to me. I know that sounds ridiculous but I can't help it.:P

Thankfully I have had these feelings before, judging people by their face and have usually been right. So for anyone who gets down if we don't draft Matthews, don't worry, it's for the best.

So basically I don't want Matthews, I want one of the Finns or Tkachuk or even Juolevi

42 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

For a few weeks now I have had a nagging feeling Matthews will be a bust for us. I can't really justify it, just something about his face. He looks like a Boston player to me. I know that sounds ridiculous but I can't help it.:P

Thankfully I have had these feelings before, judging people by their face and have usually been right. So for anyone who gets down if we don't draft Matthews, don't worry, it's for the best.

So basically I don't want Matthews, I want one of the Finns or Tkachuk or even Juolevi

Apparently there's a 20% chance Mathews doesn't go first. Wouldn't surprise me if Laine goes 1st.

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

1 - Arizona - Mathews

3 - Toronto - Pul

4 - Col. - Tkachuk

5 - Calgary - Dubois

You are sour.

The status of your ticket to the draft party is : REVOKED

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

1 - Arizona - Mathews

3 - Toronto - Pul

4 - Col. - Tkachuk

5 - Calgary - Dubois

IF it was rigged an American team would replace edmonton imo. They have had enough fortune and I don't think the NHL wants them to be lotter winners 5/6 years or whatever it is.. NJ or Columbus most likely replace them. Again it is all hearsay at the end of the day. Odds are 50% that we pick in the top 4. It will be interesting to see where the balls land.

Laine's value has certainly risen but only because Matthews hasn't been playing hockey for a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how Matthews shows at the World's coming up. That should be telling as he will be playing against NHL competition. I assume Laine and Puljijaarvi (sp?) are on the Finnish squad as well. That tournament should solidify the top 3

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Matthews definitely has a look of arrogance to his face. He's constantly smiling, almost laughing at the competition. But can you blame him? It's been a cake walk to the NHL for this kid.

Believe me, he's competitive. If he feels like he's being challenged, he will put in the effort. I have no doubt he's going to take some big hits to start his career, maybe miss the net a couple times, and he'll come back down to earth. Then he'll find his place on the team, settle in, and start putting up numbers.

If you're looking solely at attitude, it's Laine you might need to worry about. He's got the same cocky tunnelvision as Jake Virtanen. Two of those guys could mean some pretty untimely penalties in our future. But... that also means two big strong guys with incredible shots. Worth the risk.

But Matthews fits into our system seamlessly. We need somebody to step up and run this team. Matthews wants that role more than anybody. Him getting big minutes, playing the PP, and being our offensive heavyweight is not going to step on anybody's toes - not Bo, not Jake, not Hansen, not even the twins. Those guys are the heart of this team, but we need a stallion that we can ride into glory.

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

IF it was rigged an American team would replace edmonton imo. They have had enough fortune and I don't think the NHL wants them to be lotter winners 5/6 years or whatever it is.. NJ or Columbus most likely replace them. Again it is all hearsay at the end of the day. Odds are 50% that we pick in the top 4. It will be interesting to see where the balls land.

Laine's value has certainly risen but only because Matthews hasn't been playing hockey for a few weeks. It will be interesting to see how Matthews shows at the World's coming up. That should be telling as he will be playing against NHL competition. I assume Laine and Puljijaarvi (sp?) are on the Finnish squad as well. That tournament should solidify the top 3

Pul-ju-jarvi ;)

I get a weird feeling that Jersey is getting one of the big three. 

1. Nucks
2. Jersey
3. Colorado 

7 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Matthews reminds me of a better skating John Tavares, i would take him over anybody in this draft.

31 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Matthews reminds me of a better skating John Tavares, i would take him over anybody in this draft.

All this Laine hype is only happening because Matthews has remained consensus number 1 for a year now, and has played with consistency all year. Laine may very well be an allstar, maybe Puljujarvi too - but Matthews has no holes in his game. You take him and walk away. He is THE player we've been trying to draft for 10 years.

On 4/27/2016 at 10:38 AM, gameburn said:

Not a party.  The team store wants to have more sales, so they will have the draft lotto on the TVs in the store.

You get the chance to shop, while in the presence of other fans also watching the lotto

Archived