The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

logan brown!

linden17

14 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Might be a nice addition if we can acquire a 13th-17th pick via trade somehow.  Gee, wouldn't Shinkaruk be nice to have for that?

Somehow, I feel Granlund won't command that price, even as part of a decent package.

Shinkaruk wouldn't either

15 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Might be a nice addition if we can acquire a 13th-17th pick via trade somehow.  Gee, wouldn't Shinkaruk be nice to have for that?

Somehow, I feel Granlund won't command that price, even as part of a decent package.

HAHAHAHA... Shinkaruk getting us a 1st round pick.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait... you WERE joking right?

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Not just a 1st round pick, but a mid first round pick lol 

We arent taking Brown at 5, Button is both a moron and a troll. Easily the worst draft analyst in the sport, perhaps any sport, off the top of my head, actually.

If we trade for a lower, mid first rounder, I'd like us to try and get 11 or12 and see if Chychrun or one of the other highly touted defensemen fall to that area. 

5 hours ago, Provost said:

Shinkaruk was 24th overall or something, also FURTHER ALONG than a 2016 draft pick by a couple years, which everybody seems to value (especially JB), plus even though JB didn't want him for some reason, was developing very well in the minors.

I remain completely baffled why he didn't get a chance in Vancouver.

A 24th overall pick two years back, progressing well, plus a sweetener has a chance of grabbing a mid-first rounder in this year's draft.

That's not a possibility at all with Granlund.

4 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

The scary thought is he is right where the Bruins could pick him. Hayes+ Brown...

Good combo for the Bruins, but how about Tkachuk Horvat and Virtanen some where down the road for Vcr. However I suspect we're going to need to cover the huge skill gap when Henrik retires. Really I think a lot depends on the out come and the confidence Benning may have in Rodin making it. Seems like he's on the fence with only a 1 year deal If Rodin and Boeser can be counted on it makes the selection a lot easier for JB.

So I'd go with Dubois

On May 1, 2016 at 4:46 AM, linden17 said:

wow. we solidified our pick. cdc shame on u. logan brown is 6'6 . a center man. imagine him lining up against the likes of thorton? how cool is that? he has skill. he has size. he could literally get pissed and score some goals. can one of u tell me....is he jeff browns kid? i love kirk. let me know.

this might happen if Benning can pull off a trade with Boston e.g., for the 14th pick.

On 2016-05-01 at 4:46 AM, linden17 said:

wow. we solidified our pick. cdc shame on u. logan brown is 6'6 . a center man. imagine him lining up against the likes of thorton? how cool is that? he has skill. he has size. he could literally get pissed and score some goals. can one of u tell me....is he jeff browns kid? i love kirk. let me know.

This is interesting:

Windsor defenseman Mikhail Sergachev, No. 10 on Central Scouting's midterm list, said Brown is very tough to slow in practice. 

"He's so big he plays like Jaromir Jagr, something like that ability," Sergachev said. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/logan-brown-top-prospect-for-2016-nhl-draft/c-279121130

Archived