The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

logan brown!

linden17

wow. we solidified our pick. cdc shame on u. logan brown is 6'6 . a center man. imagine him lining up against the likes of thorton? how cool is that? he has skill. he has size. he could literally get pissed and score some goals. can one of u tell me....is he jeff browns kid? i love kirk. let me know.

He is and I agree with you, imo second best natural center in this draft. You watch him play in Windsor this yr and you could see how he has improved his skating and gained more confidence in his ablities.  He plays like jumbo joe. He needs another yr in miners, I think he will breakout next yr statistically.

33 minutes ago, linden17 said:

wow. we solidified our pick. cdc shame on u. logan brown is 6'6 . a center man. imagine him lining up against the likes of thorton? how cool is that? he has skill. he has size. he could literally get pissed and score some goals. can one of u tell me....is he jeff browns kid? i love kirk. let me know.

Logan Brown could be a dark horse but there is no way Benning will pick him up at the 5th spot. The only way we pick up Brown is if we somehow added a top 15 pick and got him outside of the top 10 since that is where he will likely be drafted. There are a lot of players like Jost, Jones, Bean, Sergachev, Chychurun etc. that rank ahead of Brown even though Brown could very likely become an impact player. But if you are picking a player to be the most NHL ready outside of the top 3, then Tkatchuk, Joulevi and Dubois would seem to be those players. Others will probably require some more development time with their Junior team.

The amazing Button does his mock draft after the lottery and puts Vancouver as picking Brown fifth. This guy has no clue. He loves Brown, I've seen him mention him before and how he likes him. Yet Brown isn't even metinoed in the top 10 in any mock draft I've seen. So he puts Van taking him 5th overall going off the board to get him and giving up guys like Tkachuk to division rivals. Benning would be crazy to take him at 5th.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-mock-draft-post-lottery-edition-1.481511

I don't know. He's a big kid among 16-20 year olds. Could be a Kassian thing all over again. 6 assists, no goals, and -7 in the playoffs. 

LOGAN BROWN  USA / Canada  

Open print friendly window (pop-up) views: 49554

BIRTHYEAR 1998-03-05 BIRTHPLACE Raleigh, NC, USA
AGE 18 NATION USA / Canada
POSITION C SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 198 cm / 6'6" WEIGHT 99 kg / 218 lbs
YOUTH TEAM St. Louis Blues AAA
NHL DRAFT Top Prospect eligible for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft
RANKINGS Ranked #16 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #11 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #14 by Future Considerations
Ranked #13 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #7 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
SOCIAL twitter instagram player_youtube.png 
phiq.png 

Father: Jeff Brown
Brother: Caden Brown

Brown is a huge center that excels at both ends of the ice. He can be dominant in the offensive zone but takes care of his own end as well. His 6'6 frame is key to his success as he uses his body to shield his puck and his reach to keep it off other players sticks. He is not overly physical for a player his size, but will finish every check and battle down low very effectively. He has a good shot with a pro like release as well as good creativity and maturity when passing the puck. (Tyler Parchem, EP 2016)

CAREER STATISTICS Use/Embed statistics RSS feed

SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-      POST GP G A TP PIM +/- 
 2012-13 stats_arrow.gif St. Louis AAA Blues Bantam Major stats_arrow.gif Bantam - - - - -   |              
 2013-14 stats_arrow.gif Indiana Jr. Ice 16U stats_arrow.gif HPHL U16 5 1 2 3 2   |              
  stats_arrow.gif Indiana Jr. Ice 16U A.png stats_arrow.gif Midget 19 19 12 31 12   |              
 2014-15 stats_arrow.gif Windsor Spitfires stats_arrow.gif OHL 56 17 26 43 20 -8 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Canada Red U17 stats_arrow.gif WHC-17 5 2 2 4 2   |              
 2015-16 stats_arrow.gif Windsor Spitfires stats_arrow.gif OHL 59 21 53 74 40 24 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 5 0 6 6 6 -7 
  stats_arrow.gif U.S. National U18 Team stats_arrow.gif USDP 9 4 9 13 6   |              
  stats_arrow.gif USA U18 stats_arrow.gif WJC-18 7 3 9 12 2 6 |              

TOURNAMENT STATISTICS
 2012-13 stats_arrow.gif Team Yellow  stats_arrow.gif IIHF Dev. Camp 6 6 2 8 4 -4 |              
 2013-14 stats_arrow.gif Team Orange  stats_arrow.gif USA-S15 1 0 1 1 -   |              
 2014-15 stats_arrow.gif Team Gold  stats_arrow.gif U17-Dev 3 0 1 1 0   |              
 2015-16 stats_arrow.gif Team Red  stats_arrow.gif U18-Dev 3 0 0 0 2   |              

2015-16 AHL/ECHL/USHL/WHL/OHL/QMJHL stats powered by HockeyTech 

CAREER TOTALS

GP G A TP PPG PIM  +/-    GP G A TP PPG PIM  +/- 
  Regular Season   Postseason
 stats_arrow.gif Bantam: - - - - - |              
 stats_arrow.gif HPHL U16: 5 1 2 3 0.60 |              
 stats_arrow.gif IIHF Dev. Camp: 6 6 2 8 1.33 -4  |              
 stats_arrow.gif Midget: 19 19 12 31 1.63 12  |              
 stats_arrow.gif OHL: 115 38 79 117 1.02 60  16  | 5 0 6 6 1.20 -7 
 stats_arrow.gif U17-Dev: 3 0 1 1 0.33 |              
 stats_arrow.gif U18-Dev: 3 0 0 0 0.00 |              
 stats_arrow.gif USA-S15: 1 0 1 1 1.00 |              
 stats_arrow.gif USDP: 9 4 9 13 1.44 |              
 stats_arrow.gif WHC-17: 5 2 2 4 0.80 |              
 stats_arrow.gif WJC-18: 7 3 9 12 1.71 |              

- See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248391#sthash.6CqWFsak.dpuf

Brown is a project but as he stops growing and gets stronger he may very well develop into a monster. His skating is good and he has nice hands. This is the problem when you look at 17 year old's. If they were all 21 then he might go in the top 5.

If you read up on him you see that he is still growing. As he reaches his full size and then starts to get stronger you will see his skating and overall speed pick up. He has his dad's hockey smarts and lots of skill.

This kid could very well be a 240 lb beast that would patrol the center ice for years to come. The kind you want in a cup run!!!  

It would not break my hart to take a flyer on him. No pain no gain. 

1 minute ago, NEON.KNEE said:

I love Logan Brown, and wish the Canucks could get him...but we just cannot pass on Tkachuk or Jullo or Sergachev and if we're drafting on hopes and wishes JB will hope and wish on Bean before he does Brown.

Aren't you doing that on all these guys? Hoping they develop on the traits you see? This all depends on if Benning makes a move for D in the summer imo...

Just now, LatteSipper said:

Aren't you doing that on all these guys? Hoping they develop on the traits you see? This all depends on if Benning makes a move for D in the summer imo...

I would say that Dubois is a def. Blue Chip NHL bound prospect who will have a nice career...Tkachuk is a safer pick than Brown and has had some good playoff success at Jr. level so far, and imo could develop into something special and could blend well with what the Canucks have in the cupboard... Boeser and Tkachuk on the same line as BO or McCann screams WCE 2.0 to me!

Jullo is a BLue Chipper, and Sergchev has more potential but is an unknown...

If JB took Brown at 5 it would just lead to even more Benning haters jumping on him for not taking BPA.

I never thought I would say this but if we can't land Tkachuk I would like to take Nylander. Not big but plenty of speed and a killer shot

"Brother of William and son of Micheal is a speedy offensive wing with a high skill set, great vision and excellent offensive instincts. I went into this season thinking of him as I do many hockey siblings - same bloodline but far less talent. My opinion was based on his awkward skating stride and lack of speed. He had high-end offensive instincts, exceptionally soft hands and puck handling skills, but just didn’t display the wheels to complete the portrait. He must have committed to improving his feet and has clearly shown he can generate the attack and make teammates better. He may never reach his brother skill set, but is unselfish to a fault, and strong competitor. He has a really quick shot, but his soft hands make him a brilliant set up artist. He generates chances because he reads situations well, and quickly reacts with precise passes through traffic. As a scorer, he will raise you from your seat with his accurate blistering shot. When his team has possession in the offensive zone, he will find the crack of open space in coverage and surprise with an accurate shot of the pass. His new found quick feet and balance add to his agility and stop/start ability. He always was good East-West who was ultra shifty with the puck. He is now quicker, more dynamic and possible the most skilled player in the draft."

22 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

I would say that Dubois is a def. Blue Chip NHL bound prospect who will have a nice career...Tkachuk is a safer pick than Brown and has had some good playoff success at Jr. level so far, and imo could develop into something special and could blend well with what the Canucks have in the cupboard... Boeser and Tkachuk on the same line as BO or McCann screams WCE 2.0 to me!

Jullo is a BLue Chipper, and Sergchev has more potential but is an unknown...

Except he is supposed to be slow and not the best skater.

Archived