The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Another First Round Pick

1 hour ago, harrytoolips said:

Are you sniffin glue, he's worth way more than that, maybe a 1st round pick is questionable, but most 3rd round picks don't even make the NHL, let alone do as well and bring what Hansen brings to a team..what the Nucks should look at doing is package Edler with Hansen to a team with the cap room and needs those players, would that bring a mid first round pick or even top 10????

I think your sniffin glue 

I dont get why a team would want Hansen? Why would I pay a 1st/2nd round pick for a guy that plays on the THIRD LINE. Hes not getting any younger. 

Edler + Hansen will NOT get you into the top 10. Edler + Hansen will prob get you around mid to low teen area. I see value in Edler. Hansen I see nothing in him. 

1 hour ago, ChampStatus said:

Vey was valued at a 2nd round pick. So what does that make Hansen?

Vey was a risk. Benning seemed to like his stats from the AHL and he was relatively young. 

Hansen is getting old. Hes not that great On a good team, I dont see him on the top 6. Only time I see Hansen maybe worth a 2nd is during the trade deadline cuz teams are desperate. But if I was another GM i would only pay Benning a 3rd and maybe a 6th for Hansen. 

I dont get why people see Hansen is worth a 1st round pick. That thought is delusional. 

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I dont get why a team would want Hansen? Why would I pay a 1st/2nd round pick for a guy that plays on the THIRD LINE. Hes not getting any younger. 

Edler + Hansen will NOT get you into the top 10. Edler + Hansen will prob get you around mid to low teen area. I see value in Edler. Hansen I see nothing in him. 

Vey was a risk. Benning seemed to like his stats from the AHL and he was relatively young. 

Hansen is getting old. Hes not that great On a good team, I dont see him on the top 6. Only time I see Hansen maybe worth a 2nd is during the trade deadline cuz teams are desperate. But if I was another GM i would only pay Benning a 3rd and maybe a 6th for Hansen. 

I dont get why people see Hansen is worth a 1st round pick. That thought is delusional. 

I agree that even if they could get a first round pick for Edler and Hansen combined, they should go for it..how many Canucks games  did you watch, Hansen is worth at least a 2nd round pick to the right team, he brings decent skill and speed, and with the right line mates, can pot 20+ goals, as proven last year, all while being an excellent PKer and D zone forward...and he gives 100% every shift, that's why he's the honey badger..on the right team he could take em over the top..

On May 22, 2016 at 9:08 PM, harrytoolips said:

I agree that even if they could get a first round pick for Edler and Hansen combined, they should go for it..how many Canucks games  did you watch, Hansen is worth at least a 2nd round pick to the right team, he brings decent skill and speed, and with the right line mates, can pot 20+ goals, as proven last year, all while being an excellent PKer and D zone forward...and he gives 100% every shift, that's why he's the honey badger..on the right team he could take em over the top..

Hansen will def get you a second round pick as you have said, maybe we package him with our early second round pick for another top 15 pick.

On 5/22/2016 at 6:09 PM, DontMessMe said:

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/7/2/3133033/dallas-stars-trade-steve-ott-adam-pardy-to-buffalo-sabres-for-center

https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-trade-star-goalie-ryan-miller-captain-steve-ott-to-blues/c-707053

https://www.nhl.com/news/predators-acquire-gaustad-just-before-deadline-in-nashvilles-3rd-move-prepping-for-playoffs/c-619418

Simply put, utility players still command high returns.  Hansen is one of the most elite bottom 6 players in the  NHL

Just because you think he's worthless doesn't mean 16 GMs of teams contending for a cup wouldn't give a solid price for him.  In fact, it is opinions like yours that see elite players for their positions traded all the time with questionable returns.  See Erat/Forsberg

As for Edler.  Hard to believe a team like Ottawa, Jersey, Montreal, Arizona, Buffalo, Colorado or even Carolina wouldn't trade their 1st for a top pairing D man of his size skill and contract.

Again, while you might not value these guys, 29 other Gms very well would to varying degrees

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/7/2/3133033/dallas-stars-trade-steve-ott-adam-pardy-to-buffalo-sabres-for-center

https://www.nhl.com/news/sabres-trade-star-goalie-ryan-miller-captain-steve-ott-to-blues/c-707053

https://www.nhl.com/news/predators-acquire-gaustad-just-before-deadline-in-nashvilles-3rd-move-prepping-for-playoffs/c-619418

Simply put, utility players still command high returns.  Hansen is one of the most elite bottom 6 players in the  NHL

Just because you think he's worthless doesn't mean 16 GMs of teams contending for a cup wouldn't give a solid price for him.  In fact, it is opinions like yours that see elite players for their positions traded all the time with questionable returns.  See Erat/Forsberg

As for Edler.  Hard to believe a team like Ottawa, Jersey, Montreal, Arizona, Buffalo, Colorado or even Carolina wouldn't trade their 1st for a top pairing D man of his size skill and contract.

Again, while you might not value these guys, 29 other Gms very well would to varying degrees

The Erat Forsberg trade was STUPID. Even that GM that traded forsberg regretted that trade. Once again, pretty sure no GM would pay a 1st rounder of this year for Hansen unless they are outta their mind. I can see a 2nd round pick maybe. 

Your telling me Arizona will offer their 7th overall pick for Edler??? 

I can see Edler fetching a 1st round pick around the 15-30 range. 

5 hours ago, clam linguine said:

What would you give me for Daniel and Henrik if they agreed to report to you team?

My team wont have the salary cap to do so. They are staying here

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I don't know why Hippy, but I still think Edler and Hansen are getting traded.  Plus I think Gaunce and Cassels, or maybe Subban will be added to them.  In return we will get later first round picks, or two seconds.  

Edler to Detroit for their 1rst and a prospect so Benning can draft Bean. Re-sign Hamhuis for cheap. Then trade Hansen for a late 1rst if you can or even a 2nd I'd do. Gotta make room for all the bottom 6 waiver eligible players Benning has acquired and we have like 12 million in cap space for a top 6 UFA. In a top 6 role Okposo or Eriksson > Hansen. Bottom 6 we gotta make room for the Grenier, Gaunce, Rodin, Etem, and Granlund type guys. Start trading before you start losing guys for nothing.

edler for det 2016 1st

Sedins to wild 2016 1st + 2017 1st

Tanev to edm 2016 1st

Mccann to tor 2016 1st (pit) 2016 2nd

Horvat to car 2016 1st

Hansen + 2016 3rd to njd for 2 2016 2nds

Virt to phi 2016 1st

Boeser to winn 2016 1st (chi)

Tor 2nd + njd 2nd to wash 2016 1st

Van 2nd + njd 2nd to stl 2016 1st

Min 2017 1st + van 2017 2nd for 2016 1st

11 total 1st round picks 

The only way we snaffle a 1st for Hansen is if we take back a big contract - looking at Bryan Bickell from Chicago, Dustin Brown or Marian Gaborik from LA (ugh), Rick Nash from the Rags, Thomas Vanek from Minnesota...

Seeing as Chicago, LA and NYR don't have 1st rounders this year, and the Wild are drafting at #15, I don't think this is do-able. If you're the Wild, do you trade #15 + Vanek for Jannik Hansen? Not sure you do.

On May 23, 2016 at 7:44 PM, flickyoursedin said:

Edler to Detroit for their 1rst and a prospect so Benning can draft Bean. Re-sign Hamhuis for cheap. Then trade Hansen for a late 1rst if you can or even a 2nd I'd do. Gotta make room for all the bottom 6 waiver eligible players Benning has acquired and we have like 12 million in cap space for a top 6 UFA. In a top 6 role Okposo or Eriksson > Hansen. Bottom 6 we gotta make room for the Grenier, Gaunce, Rodin, Etem, and Granlund type guys. Start trading before you start losing guys for nothing.

I like this....although trading Hansen for anything less than a first round pick is questionable, his value in mentoring the youth with his honey badger work ethic is more valuable than a second round pick imo...

Archived