The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @somethingvery, the Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to announce the signings of:

small.png  ANDREW O'BRIEN - 3 years, $650k AAV

small.png  MICHAL KEMPNY - 4 yearS, $1.75 million AAV

small.png  VADIM SHIPACHYOV - 3 years, $2 million AAV

Great signings! Lots of KHL players getting signed in FA. Kempny could be a top 4 d-man with Chicago this year.

31 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @somethingvery, the Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to announce the signings of:

small.png  ANDREW O'BRIEN - 3 years, $650k AAV

small.png  MICHAL KEMPNY - 4 years, $1.75 million AAV

small.png  VADIM SHIPACHYOV - 3 years, $2 million AAV

The Chicago Blackhawks are most pleased to welcome Michal, Vadim, and Andrew to our organization. 

Michal has been a long-standing target of ours and will play significant minutes on the PP and PK with RL teammate Duncan Keith.

Vadim (AKA the "Russian Crosby") is an exciting overseas veteren who excelled at the World Championship and will play within our top 3 lines with solid talent surrounding him.

Andrew is a project defensive-defenseman who will bolster our minor league defense corps as he works towards competing for a spot in our active NHL lineup.

Chicago Blackhawks war-room reaction to these recent signings:

2016-07-08 11.25.53.jpg

2 hours ago, apollo said:

@Salter Just out GM'd GM JB by 375k!;)

(based on FPTS, that's an over payment IMO. Free agency is pretty rough these days, real life and fantasy!) 

Yeah I agree! Average FP/g for that salary is 3.45 but I have the upmost confidence that he will improve tremendously with less injuries and finally getting the opportunity to gain chemistry on the Canucks. Last seasons numbers in my opinion don't represent Brandon as what he can bring in the upcoming 5.

3 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

It's interesting to see now the teams I've been competing with for players

So you're the one raising the prices on prospects to over $ 1m per lol ?!?!?!?

I enjoy watching the signings to see who is available in hindsight in the League haha, now to build that time machine so I can get in on these haha.

As things stand @Mike Vanderhoek will have to get creative to shed the 9-10M he needs to get under the cap.

@Brad Marchand and @Spotted Zebra have some holes to fill on the roster. Don't wait too long, free agents are getting snatched up quickly!

Everyone else seems to be in pretty good shape, with some minor tweaks here and there. I suspect a few are waiting to see what a certain free agent does...

51 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

He won't be top four this year, maybe down the road, van Riemsdyk will take that spot.

Rumor has TvR being traded before the season starts.

59 minutes ago, Salter said:

Yeah I agree! Average FP/g for that salary is 3.45 but I have the upmost confidence that he will improve tremendously with less injuries and finally getting the opportunity to gain chemistry on the Canucks. Last seasons numbers in my opinion don't represent Brandon as what he can bring in the upcoming 5.

I'm just butt hurt I didn't have enough cap to match your offer ;)  

I think he'll do close to 4fpts/gm. 

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Jaku, the Anaheim Ducks are pleased to announce the signing of:

small.png   ANTON KHUDOBIN - 2 years, 2.1M AAV

Very happy about the quick negotiations, and the quick response from MM. Thanks guys.

7 hours ago, Master Mind said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Salter, the Detroit Red Wings are pleased to announce the signing of:

small.png  BRANDON SUTTER - 5 years, $4m AAV

Good move. That contract is going to be a steal. I wanted to trade for him for months but the Colorado GM wasn't active.  You did something right! :)

Archived