The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

CDC Puck.jpg

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

After battling with illness, Agent Captain Woodget is now back in his office resolving player contracts. Expect more signings and re-signings over the coming days.

Offer sheet amounts and compensation:

Less than $1,239,226 Nothing
Over $1,239,226 to $1,877,615 Third-round pick
Over $1,877,615 to $3,755,233 Second-round pick
Over $3,755,233 to $5,632,847 First and third-round picks
Over $5,632,847 to $7,510,464 First, second and third-round picks
Over $7,510,464 to $9,388,080 Two firsts, a second and third-round picks
Over $9,388,080

Four first-round picks

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Offer sheet amounts and compensation:

Less than $1,239,226 Nothing
Over $1,239,226 to $1,877,615 Third-round pick
Over $1,877,615 to $3,755,233 Second-round pick
Over $3,755,233 to $5,632,847 First and third-round picks
Over $5,632,847 to $7,510,464 First, second and third-round picks
Over $7,510,464 to $9,388,080 Two firsts, a second and third-round picks
Over $9,388,080

Four first-round picks

This is new to me & didn't see this posted earlier. I fail to have a third round pick in 2017 or 2018 for the Biggs offer. Can you differ them or use a higher pick ?

20 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

OFFER SHEET SIGNING

Philadelphia Flyers GM @Phil The Thrill has signed TYLER BIGGS to a deal worth 2 years, $1.25m AAV.

Vancouver Canucks GM @JimLahey has 7 days to match.

BREAKING NEWS: Legendary Sportscaster, John Garrett who is astronomically respected in the hockey community and is often referred to as the only honest man on TV to call out the NHL for it's blatant game management and fixing, sat down with GM JimLahey this morning after finding out Phil The Thrill has signed Tyler Biggs to an offer sheet. John wasn't able to get much comment out of the Vancouver GM but he did release this quote 

"For the colossal stupidity of what the Flyers did this past summer ... If I had run my team into the sewer like that, I wouldn't throw a grenade at the other 29 teams and my own indirectly" 

(For the record, I was just waiting for an offer sheet to pull out that quote and pay homage to Burky who architected one of the most difficult trades in the history of sport when he landed us Hank & Danny; he might be a little insane but I'll always respect him for that... No clue who Tyler Biggs even is... BURKY RULES!)  Plus some extra props to John Garrett, the wisest man that ever lived.

22 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This is new to me & didn't see this posted earlier. I fail to have a third round pick in 2017 or 2018 for the Biggs offer. Can you differ them or use a higher pick ?

You may use a pick from a higher round if needed.

30 minutes ago, apollo said:

BREAKING NEWS: Legendary Sportscaster, John Garrett who is astronomically respected in the hockey community and is often referred to as the only honest man on TV to call out the NHL for it's blatant game management and fixing, sat down with GM JimLahey this morning after finding out Phil The Thrill has signed Tyler Biggs to an offer sheet. John wasn't able to get much comment out of the Vancouver GM but he did release this quote 

"For the colossal stupidity of what the Flyers did this past summer ... If I had run my team into the sewer like that, I wouldn't throw a grenade at the other 29 teams and my own indirectly" 

(For the record, I was just waiting for an offer sheet to pull out that quote and pay homage to Burky who architected one of the most difficult trades in the history of sport when he landed us Hank & Danny; he might be a little insane but I'll always respect him for that... No clue who Tyler Biggs even is... BURKY RULES!)  Plus some extra props to John Garrett, the wisest man that ever lived.

This GM doesn't like to make RFA contract offers often as if you don't like it to happen to you why would you do an offer sheet on another teams player? Simple, this GM is an extreme fan of Biggs. I've seen him play live and see great  potential. I've got to chat with him and let me tell you he's a stand up guy. The Flyers would  would like nothing more to see him make the big leagues   When this  player comes on the market you have to take a shot at him. It's unbelievable his team hasn’t been willing to give him an offer.

Though I was unaware of the price to be paid on RFA contract offers I would like to retract my offer on Biggs @Master Mind @Captain Woodget if possible and negotiate instead with @JimLahey to try to acquire Biggs.  If this is not possible I suppose my offer will remain and a 2nd will have to be forfitted as I don't have a 3rd. I'm sure this wouldn't cause to much distaste from JimLahey as a 2nd round pick can be seen as overpayment to most.

Best,

PTT 

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg

small.png  To DAL: Craig Anderson, Mikko Koivu (2.75M retained for 2016-17 season)

small.png  To TBL: Joe Thornton, Ondrej Pavelec, 2017 2nd round pick

Dallas thanks @Aladeen for effective negotiations and is honored to be part of his 1st trade.

We wish Joe and Ondrej all the best with their new club. Giving up Joe was especially tough, but with an abundance of centers on our roster, we felt that dealing from a position of strength to fill a hole was for the best of the team. 

To be a serious contender, one needs a legit goaltender. Anderson comes to Dallas instantly improving our goaltending situation and we are excited to have him as our starting goaltender for next year. Dallas also welcomes Mikko to the fold, and look forward to watching him perform and excel in a Top 6 role for our club this year.

7 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Dallas thanks @Aladeen for effective negotiations and is honored to be part of his 1st trade.

We wish Joe and Ondrej all the best with their new club. Giving up Joe was especially tough, but with an abundance of centers on our roster, we felt that dealing from a position of strength to fill a hole was for the best of the team. 

To be a serious contender, one needs a legit goaltender. Anderson comes to Dallas instantly improving our goaltending situation and we are excited to have him as our starting goaltender for next year. Dallas also welcomes Mikko to the fold, and look forward to watching him perform and excel in a Top 6 role for our club this year.

On behalf of the Tampa Bay Lightning, I would like to thank @Blue Jay 22 for being part of what I feel was a good hockey trade. I firmly believe that all transactions must benefit all those involved with the transaction.

We wish nothing but success to Mikko and Craig and thank them profoundly for all their contributions to our organization.

When a player of Joe's caliber is available it is any and all GMs responsibility to see what it would take to acquire them. I am excited by the veteran leadership Joe brings to the team and know that he has the skillset to bring our organization to the next level.

Although it stings to give up a goalie of Craig's ability we have acquired a top tier goaltender in Ondrej and know he will be a very valuable piece in the Tampa Bay Lightning's success puzzle! 

Archived