The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Either that, or there's a certain team with specific assets that they like.

Canuck Surfer came to us, targeting 5 prospects he really liked. We worked out a deal for 3 of them.

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

Also I don't recall Barrie ever being shopped in the thread, which is a head scratcher. I rarely see people do that in this league, they generally take the first offer given to them.

Before ironing out a long-term contract, Columbus would like to state that we are open to the option of flipping Tyson Barrie to another team. So if you are interested, please send offers to me and @Monty.

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

He is no longer a Canuck, therefore he is trash.

Honestly I still think he's a good player but I can't afford him for 4 AAV for 2 more years. If someone has the cap space and picks him up, I'm sure he'll do well. I still think he's a poor man's datsyuk, his hands, play making, and defensive play is quite similar (key word poor man's datsyuk). If he gets a top 6 role on an nhl team I think he'll do well. Regardless, Nashville doesn't have the cap space. 

@oldnews you should place a claim ;)  

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Honestly I still think he's a good player but I can't afford him for 4 AAV for 2 more years. If someone has the cap space and picks him up, I'm sure he'll do well. I still think he's a poor man's datsyuk, his hands, play making, and defensive play is quite similar (key word poor man's datsyuk). If he gets a top 6 role on an nhl team I think he'll do well. Regardless, Nashville doesn't have the cap space. 

not a chance - have no cap - and the words Datsyuk and Vrbata are indeed bizarre in terms of comparables - but you watch - as soon as you give up on him he'll sign for two years in Anaheim lol

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'd claim him, but I don't have the cap space.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Hahah - Sobotka was placed on our active roster, and as an unsigned player, takes up 10 billion in cap space. Going to be hard to field a competitive team with that anchor!

@Master Mind or @Captain Woodget, can you please move Sobotka to the "prospects" area until we sign him? (If we do at all...depends on if he comes to NA).

Are you saying he's not worth 10 billion dollars?? He will surely remember the harsh words.

:P

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Hahah - Sobotka was placed on our active roster, and as an unsigned player, takes up 10 billion in cap space. Going to be hard to field a competitive team with that anchor!

@Master Mind or @Captain Woodget, can you please move Sobotka to the "prospects" area until we sign him? (If we do at all...depends on if he comes to NA).

He's coming....nice add along with that spare part Barrie whom you got for trinkets lol. Yes today's word is trinkets.

Great cap value opportunity.

Grit forward Matt Hendricks - of the rising and inevitable contenderzzz!  the Coil - is available (Wpg),

Very versatile - can play all three forward positions, including hard to find RW.

3.53 and 3.22 fppg the past two seasons - at a cap steal of $1.85 million - productive, affordable and consistent.  Not interested in taking additional cap back.

Inquire with GM oldnews before he's snatched up.

6 hours ago, Baer. said:

Barrie is one of the league's most sought after defenseman, and you get a B level prospect and 2 C level prospects, that's pretty weak.

We posted that contract talks were not going well and contacted some target teams. Heard from 8 teams. We do apologize you never took the hint. Ultimately we did a deal cause whomever we were dealing with was also taking on risks.

Besides, what were you going to offer? Your best prospects include Lessio, Anton Slepyshev & Rendulic. You have no first round pick to have offered & no obvious cap space for Barrie. Your amazed to have not been on speed dial???

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We posted that contract talks were not going well and contacted some target teams. Heard from 8 teams. We do apologize you never took the hint. Ultimately we did a deal cause whomever we were dealing with was also taking on risks.

Besides, what were you going to offer? Your best prospects include Lessio, Anton Slepyshev & Rendulic. You have no first round pick to have offered & no obvious cap space for Barrie. Your amazed to have not been on speed dial???

Why do I need prospects when I already have tons of young players on my NHL roster? Besides, just because you haven't heard of a player doesn't mean he's a bad prospect...

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Waivers.jpg

Zac Rinaldo has been claimed by the Chicago Blackhawks. @Canuck Surfer

The Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to be able to pick up Zac. Upon securing him from the waiver wire, Zac met with our management and has heard our message that although we are excited to get the grit player who averaged 3 hits a game last year, our team won't tolerate dirty plays like the two that got him suspended in two league's late in the season.

Archived