The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Not the whole board. Some of us are more realistic.

Maybe he means CT when he says "the whole board". Most of us in the prospects forum were like Bittermellon said: we thought we could have gotten more for schneider (or found it weird that it wasn't lou instead of schneids) but we were optimistic about Bo.

LOL at all the people who are saying they liked the trade from the start

I was calling for MG to trade Schneider instead of Luongo (because he's worth more and can be moved more easily), but I thought we could have gotten more for Schneider at the time

And according to some sources that were out there, other teams did offer more

In hindsight, it looks good with Bo already making an impact as a bottom 6 center in the NHL, but at the time, no one could have said this was a great trade because there were teams that offered more and we weren't 100% sure how Horvat would pan out from the day he was drafted onward even though he looked like a very solid prospect

I'm happy we got a gem in hindsight, but it wasn't a great trade at the time MG pulled the trigger

Edited by Dasein

it was never a great trade, but a decent one, depending on how bo turned out. NOW it's a good trade, and in the future it may be a great trade, but initially it just seemed like it was an undervalued trade

Speaking of trades, am I the only person who thinks that talking about including Horvat in a trade for Kane is total madness.

Here is another article (http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/02/07/the-provies-time-for-horvat-and-power-play-to-meet-kane-trade-talk-and-bieksas-blocks/) saying that Winnipeg wants Horvat, McCann AND a first round pick for Kane.

I am hoping that JB will say that this is totally ludicrous. Right now I would not trade Horvat for Kane straight up, let alone including two first round picks (McCann and this year's pick) as well.

Kane is overpaid and this salary would be a big problem for the cap. He is injured and will have surgery so he will be of no value this year (unlike Horvat, who is very valuable this year) and who knows if he comes back 100% in the future. He is a problem in the "room" and is hard to coach, unlike Horvat who is a great teammate and looks like future captain material. And Kane has had disappointing performance for the past 2 years. (This year and last year combined he has 63 points in exactly 100 games and is -8 in plus/minus). For a cap hit of 5.25 million that is not good enough.

Horvat is getting better every week and, at age 19, will be a key to the Canucks for many years to come. And his cap hit is of course a bargain.

So I hope JB says something (again). (I know he has already said he is not trading top prospects of draft picks, but that was before the Kane discussion emerged, so I would like to hear it again.)

• Upvote 2

LOL at all the people who are saying they liked the trade from the start

I was calling for MG to trade Schneider instead of Luongo (because he's worth more and can be moved more easily), but I thought we could have gotten more for Schneider at the time

And according to some sources that were out there, other teams did offer more

In hindsight, it looks good with Bo already making an impact as a bottom 6 center in the NHL, but at the time, no one could have said this was a great trade because there were teams that offered more and we weren't 100% sure how Horvat would pan out from the day he was drafted onward even though he looked like a very solid prospect

I'm happy we got a gem in hindsight, but it wasn't a great trade at the time MG pulled the trigger

why are you laughing at yourself ?

• Upvote 1

Speaking of trades, am I the only person who thinks that talking about including Horvat in a trade for Kane is total madness.

Here is another article (http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/02/07/the-provies-time-for-horvat-and-power-play-to-meet-kane-trade-talk-and-bieksas-blocks/) saying that Winnipeg wants Horvat, McCann AND a first round pick for Kane.

I am hoping that JB will say that this is totally ludicrous. Right now I would not trade Horvat for Kane straight up, let alone including two first round picks (McCann and this year's pick) as well.

Kane is overpaid and this salary would be a big problem for the cap. He is injured and will have surgery so he will be of no value this year (unlike Horvat, who is very valuable this year) and who knows if he comes back 100% in the future. He is a problem in the "room" and is hard to coach, unlike Horvat who is a great teammate and looks like future captain material. And Kane has had disappointing performance for the past 2 years. (This year and last year combined he has 63 points in exactly 100 games and is -8 in plus/minus). For a cap hit of 5.25 million that is not good enough.

Horvat is getting better every week and, at age 19, will be a key to the Canucks for many years to come. And his cap hit is of course a bargain.

So I hope JB says something (again). (I know he has already said he is not trading top prospects of draft picks, but that was before the Kane discussion emerged, so I would like to hear it again.)

there is no way horvat would be moved for kane. Jensen, yes, shink, absolutely, but horvat? not likely.

there is no way horvat would be moved for kane. Jensen, yes, shink, absolutely, but horvat? not likely.

Horvat stays, Benning can see what he has and the almost sure thing he will have in Bo (2nd line center) as soon as this playoffs.

So there's no deal to be made unless it is Jensen and/or McCann/Shinkaruk as well as a roster player like Higgins or Hansen or Richardson. I think the Jets could do better elsewhere....

I would rather keep McCann and Shinkaruk and our 1st this year...Kane and Kass out on the town could be brutal....

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

Horvat stays, Benning can see what he has and the almost sure thing he will have in Bo (2nd line center) as soon as this playoffs.

So there's no deal to be made unless it is Jensen and/or McCann/Shinkaruk as well as a roster player like Higgins or Hansen or Richardson. I think the Jets could do better elsewhere....

I would rather keep McCann and Shinkaruk and our 1st this year...Kane and Kass out on the town could be brutal....

kass and lack going back might be part of it too, if it's Jensen Kass and Lack (and/or richardson) i'd do it. Kane would be taking over the role Kass should be filling anyway, and it would give WD less incentive to give kass some time.

Haha wow, I said Nichushkin>Horvat on the first page of the thread.. got +10.

Haha well the jury still out on that one - I think that Bo was the right pick for us because we needed a building block type player (center) for the future, but DAL needed a dynamic offensive talent with superstar potential to go with their young franchise centers

No they weren't. The general reaction around the board was "Wow, I can't believe Schneider was traded. Bo looks like a good prospect, but I think we could've gotten a bigger return for Schneider"

We still should have gotten a 2nd, look at the Varlomov trade.

Gillis closed our window with that trade and a few other moves- Schneider is that teams MVP and will be- it's a sure thing traded for potential which is always a bad move.

Edited by Canucks Curse

You're not the only one. I expect you have plenty of company.