The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

i'm so glad I was right about Bo. I never doubted his success would come quick, he's starting to play his style

you were definitely right LK. And props to you for sticking to your guns! Many will claim they've always believed bo would have this success this early. you were one of the few who actually did and vocally so. Edited by Gooseberries

^^ :lol:

seriously though. threads don't get moved out of this section, this thread will be locked at the end of the season (or next season) and people will then talk about him solely in CT. it's like CT people want exclusivity on all horvat discussions or something.

Exactly, and then there will be 7 ongoing threads about him in CT because people just have to create their own. Atleast with this one the discussion is all in one place.Or it should be but there are already Horvat threads in CT anyway,so why people are complaining I don't know.

Ya.. I said like 40 pages ago there is no point discussing Bo Horvat as a prospect when he's clearly with the Canucks. Support this idea, and we should close this.

Because we're all saying "Bo Horvat the prospect" in every post we make about him here? We're discussing him as a roster player currently, and at least this sub-forum is more closely managed than CT.

All this'll do is make a new thread in CT that'll quickly get replaced with another whenever anything remotely interesting happens because posters in CT can't figure out how to bump a thread instead of creating a new one.

It had to be done but it isn't really a solution in my opinion.

i'm so glad I was right about Bo. I never doubted his success would come quick, he's starting to play his style

To be fair, this is a pretty small sample size of production he'll most likely regress from. It's great to see, but this is more than we should be able to expect from him at this point. I'm anxiously waiting to see what his consistency is like in the next 1-3 years.

Edited by elvis15

you were definitely right LK. And props to you for sticking to your guns! Many will claim they've always believed bo would have this success this early. you were one of the few who actually did and vocally so.

Hey, where the @#$% are my props?! :P

Hey, where the @#$% are my props?! :P

you can stay Too. Its an application process.

Elvis is in too. We're going to need some order in our new found horvat thread utopia. Who better than the commissioner himself.

Edited by Gooseberries
  • Upvote 1

At this rate that Bo is going at do you guys think he'll be at least a 30/30 player?

I'd still wager that's probably about his ceiling. Far more likely he'll be a fairly consistent 50 point guy in his prime but I'd be thrilled to be pleasantly surprised!

Edited by J.R.

The nice thing about Horvat's little run is that its not like he puts up 3 points in a game and then goes cold for three games. He seems to contribute every night in some way (offensively/defensively). Consistency is tough for a rookie. Definitely a very small sample size, but the way Horvat puts up points (getting into the dirty areas) makes me think that this consistency isn't a fluke.

The thing about Bo is that he's scoring all the garbage goals right now, which is pure determination, knowing to go to the dirty areas and paying the price to get the goals

Once his shooting from further out improves and start going in, I could see him easily hit 20 every year, and 30 in his prime, as long as he continues to go to the dirty areas even when his outside shooting improves (which he probably will - Bo knows what it takes to win games)

you can stay Too. Its an application process.

Elvis is in too. We're going to need some order in our new found horvat thread utopia. Who better than the commissioner himself.

Don't forget superfan Rollieo "just watch" Del Fuego.

I'd still wager that's probably about his ceiling. Far more likely he'll be a fairly consistent 50 point guy in his prime but I'd be thrilled to be pleasantly surprised!

50 points in today's NHL is bordering on 1st line production.

• Upvote 1