The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

On 2017-01-12 at 9:38 AM, Boudrias said:

Fans can be very happy with Bo Horvat's progress this year. I suggest his full upside is not known yet. To a large degree management has tried to shield him to date. At some point Horvat will draw the top d-pairings of other teams that the Twins are getting now. When that time comes how effective his wingers are will be as important as how well Bo does on the ice. As is typical in Canuckland expectations soar, often unfairly.

This is true, the Sedins are border line second liners now, but their value to the team extends beyond the points. It's like what Naslund and co did for them many moons ago. They weren't first liners any more but they protected the twins enough to get them some confidence so the switch to first pairing matchups wouldn't be as hard

46 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

This is true, the Sedins are border line second liners now, but their value to the team extends beyond the points. It's like what Naslund and co did for them many moons ago. They weren't first liners any more but they protected the twins enough to get them some confidence so the switch to first pairing matchups wouldn't be as hard

I'd say that the Sedins are really more like third liners now. They still have enough hockey IQ and skill to carry a line, but can't keep up with either the speed or physicality of the average first or second line on most teams.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd say that the Sedins are really more like third liners now. They still have enough hockey IQ and skill to carry a line, but can't keep up with either the speed or physicality of the average first or second line on most teams.

Unfortunately what I am seeing more is the length of time it takes for the Twins to regain lost position or possession. The difference in speed between the 1st & 2nd PP units is very noticeable. I am more and more leery of their d-zone play. The idea they would be facing off in their own zone with 1:30 left in a tie game is scary.

You mentioned third liners and I question how that will work? Last night they had TOI of 20 minutes. WD has had them at 18 minutes which is where I think they are most effective. Edler was at 29 minutes which is way to much IMO. He had Tryamkin cut way back which made me wonder about his heath. I like Edler at 22 minutes.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bo Horvat after getting hit with the puck in the head last night:

C2tyl6yUUAA_rXX.jpg

Nice colour choice. Crazy how a warrior like him just gets that dealt with and played out the rest of the game.

• Upvote 1

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma  3m3 minutes ago

Horvat: " I saw it (puck) coming high. I just wanted to get out of the way, I turned and it nailed me in the back of my head.” #Canucks

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma  4m4 minutes ago

Horvat on his stitched-up head: “It’s a little sore, but we’re working on a bigger helmet for my (big) head — if that’s possible," #Canucks

• Upvote 2