The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Guest Dasein

It's not a serious issue, but I think Bo is most effective at 10-14 minutes right now because he is able to go full out on every shift and not diminish in the 3rd period. It should be a different story next year when he returns with better conditioning

Hank's failed coverage cost us the 2-2 DAL goal, but Bonino's awful change in OT ultimately cost us the game - Henrik had no chance to be in position to contest Klingberg because of the horrid line change

Dasein; I was talking about the failed stick check in front on the 2-2 goal.

I understand your 10 - 14 TOI for Horvat. When I saw him pumping iron last night this late in the season it was impressive. Report is that he has actually put weight on this spring and none of it fat. I have to go back to Linden to be this excited about a Canuck rookie.

Agreed, really stoked about this kid. The change in his game since the beginning of the season has been dramatic - and I thought he played well early on!

Faceoffs, as we all know, have been what he is most known for but I've really noticed his physical play, blocked shots, and speed rounding out his game a lot this past little bit.

I wasn't sure whether I wanted to make the playoffs this year in order to solidify our talent pool but I think that the playoff experience for our young guys like Bo will be invaluable. I also think that with the success of this "experiment" of having a rookie (multiples this year, though mostly due to injury) in the lineup it should pave the way for others like (my pick/wish) Gaunce to come in and have the same opportunity next year.

Let me guess. Horvat doesn't have the "it" factor because he isn't bo dragging and deking defenders left and right while sniping every puck he touches. Meanwhile, McCann has the "it" factor because you've never seen him play, but you looked at his numbers to determine he does indeed have the "it" factor. Did I get it right?

How to make a post by Desiboynux4liffee

1.Look at stats

2.Form opinion based soley on stats

• Upvote 1

Let me guess. Horvat doesn't have the "it" factor because he isn't bo dragging and deking defenders left and right while sniping every puck he touches. Meanwhile, McCann has the "it" factor because you've never seen him play, but you looked at his numbers to determine he does indeed have the "it" factor. Did I get it right?

Mcann has a deadly shot. Think Monahan when you see his shot, it reminds me of Mcann. I'm telling you, Mcann is the steal of the draft. Next, Horvat is just a solid 2nd liner, I haven't seen anything in this game to call him a 1st liner because 1st liners show something special.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

Mcann has a deadly shot. Think Monahan when you see his shot, it reminds me of Mcann. I'm telling you, Mcann is the steal of the draft. Next, Horvat is just a solid 2nd liner, I haven't seen anything in this game to call him a 1st liner because 1st liners show something special.

Theres been a couple instances where Horvat has made guys look silly, not saying he is a 1st liner atm but he does have flash.

If Horvat continues on his development curve I can see him being a first liner if he has the right wingers, two offensively inclined guys. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit the 70 point mark at some point in his career, say with virtanen and baerschi on his wings? Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

Horvat is a 2nd liner, he doesn't show the "it" factor yet. Only some of the greats possess the "it" factor. However, I think Mcann has the "it" factor. His shot is a reason why I call Mcann the steal of the draft last year.

You're on crack.

Have you seen him in the OHL playoffs putting up 16 goals? Majority of those goals were clutch goals and you're saying he doesn't have an "It" factor. Quit talking out of your ass it's disgusting poop is getting everywhere.

• Upvote 1

Guest Dasein

If Horvat continues on his development curve I can see him being a first liner if he has the right wingers, two offensively inclined guys. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit the 70 point mark at some point in his career, say with virtanen and baerschi on his wings?

I would say no to Virtanen and hopefully no to Baertschi as well - these are the two that I'm hoping McCann will be playing with in the future. Virtanen because he's North-South and Baertschi because he's a playmaker and McCann and Virtanen can really shoot the puck

I think Kassian and Shinkaruk fit Horvat's style of offence better - Horvat and Kassian can work the boards with their size and strength to cycle the puck and Shinkaruk knows to go to the dirty areas around the net for the goals

Baertschi - McCann - Virtanen would be a more North-South attacking line who capitalize opportunistically

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian would be a East-West attacking line that will grind&wear down teams before they finish

At least, that's my pipe dream

You have to be impressed with any kid who is still adding muscle weight at this time of year and yet performing at a high level. We obviously have not seen anywhere near what his potential is yet. On some nights he has been the 1C on the Canucks. Where will he be next year with a years experience. Many rookies follow their next year with a flatline or even regress but some how I doubt that with Horvat.

I keep returning to the WJC two years ago when Horvat played with Sam Reinhart. Their PP&PK work was extraordinary at times. You always wonder if one is benefiting the other more but I couldn't tell. Reinhart continues to play very well for Kootenay. After the season Horvat is having Canuck fans should be happy with the Schneids deal. To an extent I feel sorry for Reinhart heading to Buffalo but his team will be filled with great young talent. Horvat will have more vets to work with but he will be the ultimate leader of the Canucks.

He's been a little snake bitten lately; he could of had 3 or 4 goals purely off breakaways this past week that would have his point total to 26-27.

I would have never thought he'd be making this much of an impact this quickly in his 1st season. The fact that he played more than Henrik last game just shows how far he's come.

• 4 weeks later...