The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

was draf-ted be-fore Hor-vat

Have some-one ex-plain to you how the draft works

I think I may understand how that works maybeeeee....

referring to Gillis turning down calgary's offer of the 6th over all pick - want a source? go look at the province and team 1040 podcasts from the last week of June...or are those not good enough sources for you.

referring to Gillis turning down calgary's offer of the 6th over all pick - want a source? go look at the province and team 1040 podcasts from the last week of June...or are those not good enough sources for you.

Right lets trade Schneider to a team in our conference,

referring to Gillis turning down calgary's offer of the 6th over all pick - want a source go look at the province and team 1040 podcasts from the last week of June...or are those not good enough sources for you.

Regardless, we got Horvat instead (who at the time seemed just as good as Monahan, look back and find people mocking Calgary for picking him), and moved Schneider as far away as possible.

You never want to move a great young player into your division, especially a goalie. Imagine Calgary being able to fix their goaltending situation the year of Kipper's retirement. We've seen how bad EDM has been due to the lack of a steady netminder, we want to ensure that Calgary suffers the same fate for as long as possible.

Spe cu la tion may beeeee

If you're too lazy or unable to provide the links yourself, you're just talking out of your ass. It's a pretty dumb speculative argument anyway

First off, provide the tweets, articles, etc as proof yourself if you're trying to make an argument. Secondly, if this offer was even true, CDC would have beat it to death just like they beat to death the speculated Oilers offer that was reported after we traded Schneider. Lastly, it's really easy for a rookie to excel when your team has 0 expectations and you are sheltered. Monahan had 9 points in his first 7 games and has 2 in his last 5. - 5 on the season, (didn't look into his adv stats) He's also 43% in the circle.

It sounds like I'm bashing Monahan but I'm being realistic, he's got a good opportunity in Calgary. I'm confident Horvat would have similar numbers if he was drafted by Calgary.

Monahan has more points than MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm but do you think any of those 3 teams regret drafting them over Monahan this early into there careers? Definitely not.

First off, provide the tweets, articles, etc as proof yourself if you're trying to make an argument. Secondly, if this offer was even true, CDC would have beat it to death just like they beat to death the speculated Oilers offer that was reported after we traded Schneider. Lastly, it's really easy for a rookie to excel when your team has 0 expectations and you are sheltered. Monahan had 9 points in his first 7 games and has 2 in his last 5. - 5 on the season, (didn't look into his adv stats) He's also 43% in the circle.

It sounds like I'm bashing Monahan but I'm being realistic, he's got a good opportunity in Calgary. I'm confident Horvat would have similar numbers if he was drafted by Calgary.

Monahan has more points than MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm but do you think any of those 3 teams regret drafting them over Monahan this early into there careers? Definitely not.

No, Sean (19) is much more mature and NHL-ready than Bo (18). If we had Monahan, he would have gotten at least 9 games and would have had a good chance to stick with the big club given that we moved Kesler to the wing.

Bo is 1 year behind Monahan in development - Monahan has an extra year of junior under his belt. I think Bo can be as good as Monahan, but not this season. Bo would not have made the Flames.

Edited by Dasein
  • Upvote 3

No, Sean (19) is much more mature and NHL-ready than Bo (18). If we had Monahan, he would have gotten at least 9 games and would have had a good chance to stick with the big club given that we moved Kesler to the wing.

Bo is 1 year behind Monahan in development - Monahan has an extra year of junior under his belt. I think Bo can be as good as Monahan, but not this season. Bo would not have made the Flames.

I think you're just nitpicking over one part of my statement. I agree with you that he's a year behind in development and that certain part of my statement is a stretch. My point still is Monahan is in a pretty perfect situation in Calgary to buffer his numbers and his ability and that the person saying we should have traded for the Flames pick for Monahan is a bit silly.

Also he probably we didn't move Kesler to the wing til the road trip. And he would have been sent down just like Shinner and Horvat because of our roster limit when we traded for Dalpe and welsh

Edited by Phamda

With Maatta now gone, there are rumblings that Horvat will be named Knights’ captain as soon as next week. Maatta and Horvat had been the two leading candidates for the job with last year’s captain Scott Harrington now playing for the Penguins’ AHL team.

This was reported just over a week ago in the London Metro News. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but I think we should expect a captain to be named sometime this week.