The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

The only one...

figure of speech, hes not wrong the vast majority wernt happy either with the trade or the pick. I myself had no real idea who horvat was. I was sure the canucks were taking nichushkin. But i am very happy to have Bo probably a better fit for the organization long term.

Watching him last night he shut down sam bennett through 2 periods, and in the 3rd with all the penalties london took they couldnt match lines as hard and bennett was much more dangerous. Bo wasnt flashy but he made several nice offensive plays and it looks like he just gets the game.

I can only hope Horvat turns out to be a poor mans Toews. It's good to have a lot of character and I think we're fortunate that with the likes of the Sedins, Luongo and Kesler he and the other prospects will learn how the game is played. Interesting next training camp, there surely will be a few additions with skill competing

figure of speech, hes not wrong the vast majority wernt happy either with the trade or the pick. I myself had no real idea who horvat was. I was sure the canucks were taking nichushkin. But i am very happy to have Bo probably a better fit for the organization long term.

Watching him last night he shut down sam bennett through 2 periods, and in the 3rd with all the penalties london took they couldnt match lines as hard and bennett was much more dangerous. Bo wasnt flashy but he made several nice offensive plays and it looks like he just gets the game.

I guess your right. Most people probably thought we were going to take Nichushkin based on the icklund rumor, and the fact he was supposed to be a top 10 pick. Where as Bo was slated in the 15 range, by most people.

I fully suspect Bo would have 5-7 points and be a + player if he had stuck in the NHL this year. He just plays a pro type game, and shuts down great players in the O on a regular basis.

I can only hope Horvat turns out to be a poor mans Toews. It's good to have a lot of character and I think we're fortunate that with the likes of the Sedins, Luongo and Kesler he and the other prospects will learn how the game is played. Interesting next training camp, there surely will be a few additions with skill competing

Horvat won't be a poor man's anything. He's going to be a legit top-6 player.

Bo up to his old tricks with another good game and a W. I wonder if Bo and Brendan hate playing against eachother? They probably matchup against each other often

The fact that Gaunce was even on the night despite his team getting scored on 5 times at even strength makes me think he did his job tonight, even if he didn't show up on the score sheet.

• Upvote 1