The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Flavourless (Sign-Ups: Closed - Still taking subs)

Aladeen

17 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

IMO TL. He had a good reason to kill Zfetch. Should float that out there.

Because he voted for me? lol

3 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Dear God, what does the sheriff gain from hiding this time?

They get to keep themselves hidden and help win the game later, rather than giving everything up to survive this round.

For example, I'm the sheriff and I investigated you and you're mafia. I have no reason to come out since you're set to be lynched. Then I'll investigate another mafia tonight and we'll be closer to a win than if the mafia killed me ;)

If I'm not the sheriff, and the sheriff has investigated mafia, they should try to get that person lynched. I'm sure the sheriff knows to come out if it doesn't seem like his target is going to be lynched though. We're all competent players.

And if the sheriff has only investigated TP, he just has to try to keep the lynch off of those people. Because that's all we would do with the exact same information. Coming out in this situation just gives the mafia easy kill targets for the rest of the game.

33 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Because he voted for me? lol

They get to keep themselves hidden and help win the game later, rather than giving everything up to survive this round.

For example, I'm the sheriff and I investigated you and you're mafia. I have no reason to come out since you're set to be lynched. Then I'll investigate another mafia tonight and we'll be closer to a win than if the mafia killed me ;)

If I'm not the sheriff, and the sheriff has investigated mafia, they should try to get that person lynched. I'm sure the sheriff knows to come out if it doesn't seem like his target is going to be lynched though. We're all competent players.

And if the sheriff has only investigated TP, he just has to try to keep the lynch off of those people. Because that's all we would do with the exact same information. Coming out in this situation just gives the mafia easy kill targets for the rest of the game.

What "rest of the game" are you people talking about here?

And for us all being competent player, we certainly haven't been this game. Including myself. I won't imagine that we'll unify behind the right target all of a sudden. Especially when half of us remaining have the express desire to make sure we don't. 

At least we could have a sheiff and confirmed TP to band around if they came out here.

10 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

And for us all being competent player, we certainly haven't been this game. Including myself. I won't imagine that we'll unify behind the right target all of a sudden. Especially when half of us remaining have the express desire to make sure we don't. 

At least we could have a sheiff and confirmed TP to band around if they came out here.

I know. You have no idea how I feel. I have almost single handily decimated us.

I think that the MK kills that have occurred so far are the mafia 1. taking out our real good players and 2. hunting for the Sheriff.

They have taken 3 players, but have yet to find the Sheriff.

Yes, it would feel good to finally get a scum, it would feel good to rally around the flag. I hear ya.

I think that that can still happen, I just don't understand WHY it has to be at this moment.

I'm not talking about the next round, I'm talking about this round. We have a little over 5 hrs. left.

Tell me the advantage we gain by knowing who the Sheriff is, and his investigations, right now as opposed to 3 or 4 hrs from now.

I might be missing something bassi, please explain what seems like a now moment urgency.

Remember, I'm talking this round not next round. Next round is a whole new ball game.

10 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

I know. You have no idea how I feel. I have almost single handily decimated us.

I think that the MK kills that have occurred so far are the mafia 1. taking out our real good players and 2. hunting for the Sheriff.

They have taken 3 players, but have yet to find the Sheriff.

Yes, it would feel good to finally get a scum, it would feel good to rally around the flag. I hear ya.

I think that that can still happen, I just don't understand WHY it has to be at this moment.

I'm not talking about the next round, I'm talking about this round. We have a little over 5 hrs. left.

Tell me the advantage we gain by knowing who the Sheriff is, and his investigations, right now as opposed to 3 or 4 hrs from now.

I might be missing something bassi, please explain what seems like a now moment urgency.

Remember, I'm talking this round not next round. Next round is a whole new ball game.

Because banking everything on everyone being present at the last moment is highly unnecessary.

What do we gain by moving now? My question is what do we gain by waiting, in the slightest?

Get the information out there now so that when the TP do finally check in they know what's what. It's not exactly like people have been active, on top of whatever issues have been present amongst us.

3 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Because banking everything on everyone being present at the last moment is highly unnecessary.

What do we gain by moving now? My question is what do we gain by waiting, in the slightest?

Get the information out there now so that when the TP do finally check in they know what's what. It's not exactly like people have been active, on top of whatever issues have been present amongst us.

Ok, that part does make some sense in a 1st. or 2nd. round.

What doesn't, is that the tp wouldn't all be here for the last 3 hours, particularily that we are in such dire straits.

I will give it a tad more thought.

Be back after supper.

18 minutes ago, Dr.Strangelove said:

All I've got at this point is that

Fox and Falcon are scum

BJ and Bassi are TP

but since I've been wrong about everyone thus far  maybe I should flip that

You're sum or a lousy player...could be both? 

I'm TP.

Just now, g_bassi13 said:

Good work putting the final stamp on the game, lol. 

At this point I just hope you're mafia.

Your actions not mine. He asked and I answered. Going through the final vote tallies of every round, it's fact that you are the only player alive that has voted for the TP lynch every round. 

I gotta give you props though. You and your team have a played a great game. You should be proud for lasting this long and not coming remotely close to the lynch until now.

You have 2 hours sheriff. This lax/passive attitude from everyone was what I was hoping you'd let us avoid.

I was also hoping these other players would understand math, but they're probably just mafia. Probably at least 2 of the 3 are.

Why would you not play your trump card with your back against the wall? We've managed to let the sheriff survive this long, and he's either inactive, or actually choosing to actively do nothing.

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Your actions not mine. He asked and I answered. Going through the final vote tallies of every round, it's fact that you are the only player alive that has voted for the TP lynch every round. 

I gotta give you props though. You and your team have a played a great game. You should be proud for lasting this long and not coming remotely close to the lynch until now.

Lmao. If you cant see I'm TP from this round alone, I'm sorry. If you're even TP that is.

Aside from the sheriff no showing, you're attempting to railroad the vote for me right after the last nightfall has lost the game 

You should be able to see why I think you're mafia, if you legitimately aren't .

Ahhhhhh, it's all making sense now.

Calling for the sheriff to out himself = TP

Voting for all 3 vanilla lynches = TP

Voting for AV at the last minute without giving an explanation after claiming he looked better as the game progressed = TP

Making sporadic at best appearances while providing minimal scum hunting in the first 3 rounds = TP

Calling out the person who did all of the above and suspecting he is mafia = mafia

It's Brilliant!

If you think what I am doing is more mafia behavior like than you, then today is opposite day.

By telling the sheriff to continue hiding and railroading the vote against me, you're losing the game for the TP if that isn't your intention.

If you can't see the value of the sheriff outing himself when the game is literally on the line, when there's no other way to speak, I have to hope you're mafia.

Maybe I'm the only one who understands the game ends if I'm lynched, but that's on you guys at that point.

If these don't sound like the ramblings of a desperate TP who understands the game is on the line, I suggest you take these lessons into the next game, if anything.

Archived