The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

31 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Image result for CDCGML LOGO

HIRING:  The Minnesota Wild  min.png have announced the hiring of new General Manager @Chael P. Sonnen ! congratulations on your new position as GM in the CDCGML, WELCOME!

Thanks, Mike. I'll take it from here. First of all, this may be the smartest signing of a General Manager in the history of this league. You guys picked a real winner here, I sincerely applaude the choice you made.

So you're probably all asking yourself, what is Uncle Chael going to bring to the table?

I've talked to the people of Minnesota about their team, and what they want. They say Chael, we want the team to be younger. Chael, we want the team to be faster. Chael, we want better soft serve in the stands. I'm already on the phone with the ice cream man, so what does that say about me?

I'm not going to beat around the bush. I'm going to work hard as the GM of this team. I'm going to assess and push hard to find out what changes need to be made to better this team moving forward, as well as address some big questions regarding our franchise. 

For example, what exactly is our logo? Is it a wild animal? Is it a forest with a river running through it? These are the tough questions I'm going to find the answers to. 

If there's one thing you need to know about me, I'm all about making big, bold moves. I've turned small trade offers into block buster deals in the past, so you never know what will happen if you send me an offer.

Our team is based in St. Paul. But you can call me St. Chael, because I'm about to work some miracles.

2 hours ago, Chael P. Sonnen said:

Thanks, Mike. I'll take it from here. First of all, this may be the smartest signing of a General Manager in the history of this league. You guys picked a real winner here, I sincerely applaude the choice you made.

So you're probably all asking yourself, what is Uncle Chael going to bring to the table?

I've talked to the people of Minnesota about their team, and what they want. They say Chael, we want the team to be younger. Chael, we want the team to be faster. Chael, we want better soft serve in the stands. I'm already on the phone with the ice cream man, so what does that say about me?

I'm not going to beat around the bush. I'm going to work hard as the GM of this team. I'm going to assess and push hard to find out what changes need to be made to better this team moving forward, as well as address some big questions regarding our franchise. 

For example, what exactly is our logo? Is it a wild animal? Is it a forest with a river running through it? These are the tough questions I'm going to find the answers to. 

If there's one thing you need to know about me, I'm all about making big, bold moves. I've turned small trade offers into block buster deals in the past, so you never know what will happen if you send me an offer.

Our team is based in St. Paul. But you can call me St. Chael, because I'm about to work some miracles.

On 7/10/2017 at 5:52 AM, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed forward Mitch Hults to a two-year deal.

EDM.png.27da0a9c33e3dcf1ed67c405b4baf1b9.png Mitch Hults: 2 year, $ 2.3M dollar contract ( $ 900,000.00 per season plus $250,000 per season in bonuses ).

We missed extending our thanks Squeak, our apologies & welcome Mitch!    Mitch is a big bodied forward with some great tools, including good wheels. He has shown enough scoring in college this year that he should have a very earnest shot at a pro career.  If he busts hard enough it could be as high as an NHL 3rd line? We're going to give him a shot!                                                                                                                                                                                

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

First many thanks to Squeak, and also to Linus who we welcome.

His signing was recommended to us by our European analytics advisor, and part-time Swedish meatball chef. (Me unfortunately, if the logic is fracked.)  Linus posted the top scoring statistics 5 on 5, per 60 minutes played. Of all U20 SHL player in 2016-17.  And now gives us four of the top 6 U20 SHL players. Also having drafted D Lucas Carlsson last year, Lias Anderson this year (a prodigy though doing it in his draft minus 1 year) and trading for Rasmus Asplund.

lias-andersson-top-shl-p60-21.png 

Hopefully, we're better at this analyticz stuff than real life Florida, or AZona:huh:

LOL, edit, 4 of the top 7. Really good analytics math. Up there with my spelling...

:angry:

(notice how we have #2, #5 and #6 of that list ;) )

SIGNING: The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed forward Julius Nattienen to a three-year deal.

medium.png.6ebe3d54f961c885242804a1c02eb7a7.pngJulius Nattinen: 3 years, $ 3.9 million dollar contract ( $ 950,000.00 per season plus $350,000 per season in bonuses).

On 7/7/2017 at 10:26 AM, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed defenceman Joonas Lyytinen to a three year deal.

NJD.png.3da0656b304e0041f69070a6435521fe.png  Joonas Lyytinen: 3 years, $ 2.295 million dollar contract ( $ 765,000.00 per season ).

The Devils are very excited to add Joonas Lyytinen to the organization, slight in stature but a fast skating puck moving offensively inclined defenseman who uses his agility and speed to avoid the physical grind on defensemen. We feel we have added a solid prospect to develop in Atlantic City. 

21 hours ago, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed defenceman Jan Rutta to a two year deal.

NJD.png.3da0656b304e0041f69070a6435521fe.pngJan Rutta: 2 years, $ 3.5 million dollar contract ( $ 1,750,000.00 per season ).

New Jersey is thrilled to have added Jan Rutta, someone who will immediately challenge for a spot out of camp, a solid reliable player who can move the puck and add offense we feel we have added a potential gem here and someone who should be in New Jersey out of Training Camp.

13 minutes ago, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Tyler Moy to a three-year deal.

NJD.png.3da0656b304e0041f69070a6435521fe.png Tyler Moy: 3 years, $ 2.4 million dollar contract ( $ 800,000.00 per season ).

In Tyler Moy the Devils feel we have added a reliable two-way center who can add offense into the lineup. Projecting him as a potential top nine forward down the road for us, we feel we've added a definite roster player who can establish his role in New Jersey within the next few seasons.

Thanks to agent @Squeak for all of your time in negotiations and working out these deals!

9 hours ago, Chael P. Sonnen said:

He's modest, that's what I like about him!

Quick update to keep you all in the loop. 

Been having some computer issues, it hasn't been cooperating with connecting to wifi lately.  Annoying.  I seem to have found a temporary work around tho, so signings and charts will start being updated tonight and I'll get caught up as quickly as possible.  Once updates are back up to speed I'll work on getting the new seasons thread up.  I figure it's a long summer, and if it's a bit late, it's not the end of the world. 

Thanks for your patience. 

11 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed forward Alexandre burrows to a one year deal.

fla.png Alexandre Burrows: 1 year, $ 2.5 million dollar contract ( $ 2,500,000.00 per season ).

* deal includes a full no-trade-clause.

11 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed defenseman Emil Johansson to a three year deal.

fla.png Emil Johansson: 3 years, $ 3.3 million dollar contract ( $ 1,100,000.00 per season ).

On 7/10/2017 at 2:16 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed forward Jake Evans to a three year deal.

fla.png Jake Evans: 3 years, $ 2.925 million dollar contract ( $ 975,000.00 per season ).

Very excited to come to terms with Alex, Emil and Jake.

Alex will bring a great veteran presence to our bottom-6, we currently have a lot of first or second year players slated to play on our bottom-2 lines and Alex is a tremendous fit with some of our younger players.

Emil has had a good start to his pro career in europe and we hope to see his game translate to NA this coming season.

Jake has dominated in college for Notre Dame and we believe he can be a full time NHL player for us by the 18-19 season.

Thanks to agent Mike for the great negotiations.

Archived