The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

37 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I agree. If this video doesn't convince you that he's a #1 center one day, I don't know what's wrong with you

this was his highlights from last season and he's just so good offensively. Good playmaker, solid IQ, shot, pass, board play is off the charts, plays physical, good in all 3 zones. He knows where to be on the ice and gets in the right position at the right time. He's a hard nosed players and likes to get into the dirty areas in the ice. He's also very good in his own end and usually stays with his check. This video alone along with his performances in the Knights series was enough to sold me into him. He's going to be a special player in the NHL and if he falls, I don't think twice and I select him

There's something wrong with me.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

There's something wrong with me.

I know what you mean. First time I saw this guy I was like "no way he will be a top end center" and then I watched him in the prospect game where he was matched up against glass, and he completely outclassed him. As his skating gets better, he'll be able to adjust to the fast pace game of the NHL.

21 minutes ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

I know what you mean. First time I saw this guy I was like "no way he will be a top end center" and then I watched him in the prospect game where he was matched up against glass, and he completely outclassed him. As his skating gets better, he'll be able to adjust to the fast pace game of the NHL.

Rather big assumption.  How's the Stromes' skating going?

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Rather big assumption.  How's the Stromes' skating going?

.....ehww...bad example...Dylan Strome's skating was good enough to get him 7 points and a Memorial cup record for most points in a game...ever.

...also they did mention how Strome's skating had improved this year after been told that is what he should work on by his NHL team.

4 minutes ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Vilardi in on all 3 spitfire goals with 3 primary assists so far. Still have 1 period of hockey left.

Nice, I want Vilardi to prove to me why he should be taken at our spot. He has the rare advantage to be one of the only potential prospects to be playing this late in the year. Show us your your elite potential! Make Van excited about you!

It's funny how you see what you want to see. Sure vilardi has 3 assists. Looks good if that's what you see. I seen one of those assists as an easy d to d pass. I also seen him flub hard on a good chance 1 timer. We draft who we draft so I'm not going to play favorites right now. All i know is if I were drafting I'd be picking glass. 

26 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It's funny how you see what you want to see. Sure vilardi has 3 assists. Looks good if that's what you see. I seen one of those assists as an easy d to d pass. I also seen him flub hard on a good chance 1 timer. We draft who we draft so I'm not going to play favorites right now. All i know is if I were drafting I'd be picking glass. 

He just got another assist after working the puck down low on the boards using his size and skills. 

Edited by TheSnipeshow91
  • Upvote 1