The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If he doesn't have 6 goals by Halloween sit his punk ass in the press box.

I'm just wanting Loui to play a harder game.  He played way too soft last season.  I believed he was a harder guy long the walls and in front of the nets.  

• 1 month later...

On 9/3/2017 at 1:38 PM, Alflives said:

I'm just wanting Loui to play a harder game.  He played way too soft last season.  I believed he was a harder guy long the walls and in front of the nets.  

Eriksson just laughs at your post while counting his six million dollars.....(edit:  his actual salary this season is eight million dollars).

Eriksson. Sheesh!

J-Pat and Botchford were talking about how no one is/was speaking about Louie Eriksson.

I honestly think that after last year we are all holding our collective breath, hoping that this guy does SOMETHING this year. But the fans won't be holding their breath for long. The contract is looking so bad, and Eriksson is looking, well like Eriksson. We can't trade him and no one would want him. The years of uselessness disappear into the fog of the future. WTF?

What I really don't like is that he has taken no ownership of the team, doesn't hold up his end of the bargain by doing interviews, and is showing zippo leadership in that direction. When the Sedins retire (possibly next year) he is our highest paid player. He's been a ghost since he arrived. That can't continue.

Seriously, get it together Louie!

At this point MDZ seems like more of a Canuck than Eriksson. And he's only been here two months.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, butters said:

looks like everyone found their new whipping boy now that Desjardin is gone. I wonder if its possible for canucks fans to not be hating on someone at any given moment.

Dude has a $6 million cap hit on a long-term deal & is playing like a journeyman bottom 6 forward.

It's hardly like it's undeserved.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Dude has a $6 million cap hit on a long-term deal & is playing like a journeyman bottom 6 forward.

+1. I don't hate him I just want him to live up to the contract he signed in good faith. I don't think that is too much to ask as a fan.

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

the lynch mob always has a reason. Reasons are hollow when there is always a lynch mob.

1 hour ago, butters said:

the lynch mob always has a reason. Reasons are hollow when there is always a lynch mob.

"Fan" is derived from the word "Fanatic".  As such, opinions devoid of emotion rarely come into play.

If *I* got paid $8 million, I'd gladly be the whipping boy.   For the record, I actually pay to be whipped....but that's a story for ANOTHER forum.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"Fan" is derived from the word "Fanatic".  As such, opinions devoid of emotion rarely come into play.

Again, if *I* got paid $8 million, I'd gladly be the whipping boy.

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't. You don't really know until you are there. But, I didn't say what I said out of concern for LE's feelings. It was a jab at angry fans. Fanatics get too worked up about unimportant things, and make the whole experience less enjoyable.

4 minutes ago, butters said:

Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't. You don't really know until you are there. But, I didn't say what I said out of concern for LE's feelings. It was a jab at angry fans. Fanatics get too worked up about unimportant things, and make the whole experience less enjoyable.

I dunno. the atmosphere at games (yes, I DO attend home games) are almost devoid of emotion for me lately.  Makes the experience (for me anyways) alot less enjoyable.  Not trying to be argumentative (just my point of vie).

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I dunno. the atmosphere at games (yes, I DO attend home games) are almost devoid of emotion for me lately.  Makes the experience (for me anyways) alot less enjoyable.  Not trying to be argumentative (just my point of vie).

are you saying you would enjoy a negative atmosphere more than a non atmosphere?

5 minutes ago, butters said:

are you saying you would enjoy a negative atmosphere more than a non atmosphere?

Nope - only that an event totally devoid of any emotion is just as bad.  I might as well watch the game at home (with friends - where I'd enjoy it more).

We gave Eriksson a year to get his butt in gear. Hardly anyone said anything. That is patience. I think he's had more leash than almost any Canuck player ever.

But the time for that is past. As much as the Canucks are paying that guy he deserves a wakeup call. Maybe we let him off easy last year and he now believes he can float through the next 5 years of his contract. It sure looked like he quit on himself last year.

For sure he is the new whipping boy and it is entirely fair. You don't get paid the big bucks in a Canadian market without getting the intense scrutiny as well.

I don't think it is unfair to say he's been a Gigantic Disappointment. So much so that no one even knows what to expect. Can he still score in the NHL?

As a Canuck fan I hope for a lot of things. Sometimes all it seems I have is hope.

I'm sick of hoping Louie Eriksson can do more than just piddle along on the third line. I'm tired of hoping he's not a total waste of time.

This team has too many other things to worry about. To have to worry about Eriksson actually being the player he's being paid to be is disheartening.

Prove me wrong Louie...please...you've only got five years. FFS!

5 minutes ago, Li'l Fra said:

We gave Eriksson a year to get his butt in gear. Hardly anyone said anything. That is patience. I think he's had more leash than almost any Canuck player ever.

But the time for that is past. As much as the Canucks are paying that guy he deserves a wakeup call. Maybe we let him off easy last year and he now believes he can float through the next 5 years of his contract. It sure looked like he quit on himself last year.

For sure he is the new whipping boy and it is entirely fair. You don't get paid the big bucks in a Canadian market without getting the intense scrutiny as well.

I don't think it is unfair to say he's been a Gigantic Disappointment. So much so that no one even knows what to expect. Can he still score in the NHL?

As a Canuck fan I hope for a lot of things. Sometimes all it seems I have is hope.

I'm sick of hoping Louie Eriksson can do more than just piddle along on the third line. I'm tired of hoping he's not a total waste of time.

This team has too many other things to worry about. To have to worry about Eriksson actually being the player he's being paid to be is disheartening.

Prove me wrong Louie...please...you've only got five years. FFS!

The scariest part is that his play could even fall further with age 

17 hours ago, butters said:

I disagree on that, but its the internet negativity I was talking about anyway. Mainly forums like these

That should hardly surprise you though after consecutive 3rd & 2nd last place finishes in the league (coupled with some of the dullest hockey on ice many nights on home ice).  People were spoiled from fairly recent history of entertaining hockey (not to mention "W's").

• Upvote 1

Imho, match made in hockey heaven - put the following on the same line: 

• Eriksson
    • Current strengths: veteran; goals near the front of the net; defensive play
    • Current weaknesses: can't create any plays for himself
  • Bo:
    • Current strengths: best skating center in the team
    • Current weaknesses: sub-par on the defensive side

Green tells Eriksson: get the puck out and give it to Bo; skate as hard as you can to the net and stuff the rebound in. Hopefully, that gets Eriksson to 25+ goals. At the end of the season, if we have top 6 wingers ready to join the team who we think can replace his production, ask Eriksson nicely if he wants to waive his NTC.