The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 Training Camp - Whistler Sep 22nd-26th

apollo

Thought I'd make a thread since there isn't any other camp thread... I can't seem to find any schedule for camp and I really want to book my hotel ASAP. My life is lacking some eliteness and I need interaction with some true elites ;) 

I remember 2 years ago they ended up going to whistler from Friday to Monday and spent Thursday at 800 Griffiths Way; Canucks Place (Formerly called GM Place). Does anyone know if this year will be in Whistler from Thursday to Monday? 
(*Rogers is a scamming giant, I refuse to call our arena that disgusting name)

Sadly the following phenoms will not be attending camp due to WCH duties: Lord Daniel, King Henrik, Loui, The Freight Train Luca Sbisa, Honey Badger, Markstrom 

All I can find is this... http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=888854 

Vancouver, B.C. –The Vancouver Canucks announced today that Whistler, B.C. will host their 2016 Training Camp from September 22-26th. On-ice training at Meadow Park Sports Centre begins September 23rd and is open to the public.

A complete schedule of practice sessions, events and player roster will be released within the weeks leading up to training camp. The Canucks return to Whistler after holding camp last year in Prince George, the club’s first training camp in Northern British Columbia.

Historically Vancouver Canucks training camps have been held throughout the province of B.C. including stops in Victoria, Courtney, Powell River, Duncan, Parksville, Kamloops, Vernon and Penticton. The Canucks have also held training camp in Calgary, Alberta during the club’s first four NHL seasons and in Stockholm, Sweden in 2000.

Vancouver Canucks 2016 training schedule around British Columbia:

• Development Camp – Shawnigan Lake, July 3-7 
• Young Stars Tournament – Penticton, Sept. 16-19
• Training Camp – Whistler, Sept. 22-26

...and the mention of Ruutu / Sheppard being added on PTO's which already has a thread in trade talks 

Who else is going? 
Who are you most excited to see? 

If anyone has official schedule announcement it would be great. I'll update this as info comes in. 

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

Thought I'd make a thread since there isn't any other camp thread... I can't seem to find any schedule for camp and I really want to book my hotel ASAP. My life is lacking some eliteness and I need interaction with some true elites ;) 

I remember 2 years ago they ended up going to whistler from Friday to Monday and spent Thursday at 800 Griffiths Way; Canucks Place (Formerly called GM Place). Does anyone know if this year will be in Whistler from Thursday to Monday? 

Sadly the following phenoms will not be attending camp due to WCH duties: Lord Daniel, King Henrik, Loui, The Freight Train Luca Sbisa, Honey Badger, Markstrom 

...and the mention of Ruutu / Sheppard being added on PTO's which already has a thread in trade talks 

Who else is going? 

If anyone has official schedule announcement it would be great. I'll update this as info comes in. 

Not sure he'll get a camp invite but the player I'm most excited to see more of is Jacob stukel. He was my favorite pick last year.

Most interested to see Stecher, Demko, Subban, Virtanen, Tryramkin, Rodin, Larsen

With Markstrom in the WC, Demko and Garteig should get more pre-season action 

And if Stecher can surprise like Hutton did last year, I wouldn't complain.

Or maybe Subban takes the next step? 

Virtanen, will he get a spot on the opening lineup?

Tryamkin, same with Virtanen

Rodin, will his injury hamper him or can he show that he can produce in a top 6 role?

Larsen, can he really QB our PP? 

16 hours ago, apollo said:

Who else is going? 

Just spitballing here but would assume fitness day on the 22nd, 23rd & 24th camp broken into 3 am groups, 25th intra squad game for the kiddies of Whistler and 26th am skate then on the road for preseason . Kind of how it played out last time they were in Whistler

17 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Not sure he'll get a camp invite but the player I'm most excited to see more of is Jacob stukel. He was my favorite pick last year.

I agree, he looks to be a true dark horse if there ever was one.

Also Stecher, he seems very positive that he can make the team which is a real stretch but it will be fun to see how he compares.

Archived