The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour/Speculation) Ducks In Talks with Eastern Conference Team(s) to Move "Significant" Contract

Pears

Just now, Alflives said:

Who else on their team has a significant contract, big enough (when traded) to create room for BOTH Lindholm and Racka?

Depres, Stoner, Fowler.

Guys who, you know, aren't there superstars, have no NMC's in their contract, and can be traded without damaging their playoff hopes.

The Ducks have three "significant" contracts, perhaps 4 if you consider Vatanen, who signed this summer, 'significant".

Fowler, Bieksa, Stoner, Despres - these are middling terms.

My money would be on him referring to Kesler.

No one likes Kesler.  Time to move on.  Perhaps he wants to go to a 'real' contender lol.

Kesler to one of the New Yorks.

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who else on their team has a significant contract, big enough (when traded) to create room for BOTH Lindholm and Racka?

Stoner and Fowler. Fowler is 4m and Stoner is 3.2m but the things Fowler brings are worth more than what Stoner will bring. They currently have 6.7m cap space and if they just dump one of their contracts, it creates nearly 10m in space. Enough to sign Lindholm for roughly 6m-6.5m and Rakell for around 2m-2.5m

17 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Depres, Stoner, Fowler.

Guys who, you know, aren't there superstars, have no NMC's in their contract, and can be traded without damaging their playoff hopes.

No way they'll move Despres. It's one of Fowler or Stoner and my money is on Stoner

Kesler feels Anaheim is past it's peak for winning. Kesler requests trade to NYR lol   I could see Bieksa there more then Kesler though.

maybe Kesler to Columbus ^^ he feels their up and coming talent the bomb and what's to be torts #1 center lol.

they probably have a bromance going since torts strokes his enormous ego.

I'd say 55% it's Kesler or Bieksa.  Bieksa probably wants to stay though. Kesler is on the market folks!

Mcguire didn't think it was fair to talk about said player.  I believe because it's Kesler and he's been thru enough lol.

Kesler to columbus I'm calling it.  Ana has peaked Cbj is on the rise! saad Kesler etc

2 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

Lol that's who there enquiring! after they ship fowler out;) 

You mean acquiring. 

If they are going to peeve off a GM by trying to poach a player by driving up the cost to re-sign him, they may as well make it an Eastern Conference team.

They also have history with GMTM.

Montreal seems like the best bet for Fowler. They need more defenseman to stop shots from going towards Carey, and Anaheim needs forward depth. Patches for Fowler? Who adds?

6 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Montreal seems like the best bet for Fowler. They need more defenseman to stop shots from going towards Carey, and Anaheim needs forward depth. Patches for Fowler? Who adds?

Ana would have to pay lindholm possibly more for patches.  Fowler isn't that hot of a commodity.  

Just now, Rush17 said:

Ana would have to pay lindholm possibly more for patches.  Fowler isn't that hot of a commodity.  

Meh. I don't like either of those teams so I don't care in the slightest. I just hope someone guts up their farm::D

19 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

The reason they want to move a player is that they need the cap space to sign Lindholm and Rakell - they can't take a bigger cap hit back.  They have roughly 7.5M in cap space to add 3 players.

Lindholm's demands are rumoured to be around 6M for 8 years.   McKenzie believes that Rakell is looking for a similar contract as the one of Viktor Rask in Carolina - 6 years at 4M.  Anaheim does want to do 6 years with Rakell but they haven't finalised the number yet.

37 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

When I see a headline with "Significant" contract in it and I look down the list of players with "Significant" contracts on the ducks. Fowler isn't really all that "Significant" 

Exactly - one year of term remaining after this season - 4 million - semantics, but that's not that significant relative to many much larger cap hits at much longer terms.

I could see Anaheim moving a LHD - they have more depth there than on the right side or in wingers, but "significant contract" imo = Kesler lol.

Archived