The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Longest uninterrupted play?

TheNoelPatrol

45 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

You started a new thread about uninterrupted play?

This will be locked, so you might want to post this in the Game Day Thread. Where you know...people post comments about the game tonight. 

It's a question about a record, not the game itself. I'm not commenting on a specific play. 

58 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

This will be locked, so you might want to post this in the Game Day Thread. Where you know...people post comments about the game tonight. 

how is this a lockable thread? it's not the best one ive ever read, but far from the worst

1 hour ago, MJDDawg said:

Seriously, maybe you shouldn't be so cold, and provide a nice feedback?  There are some people on here are curious about this... This is why I opened this up to read more about it. 

1 hour ago, MJDDawg said:

I didn't know you were a fourm mod.. oh wait... 

There is one hockey game in the history of the NHL where the entire game was played without a whistle being blown.  I believe the game finished as a 0-0 tie.  I read this story from the perspective of the Referee in about 1985 or so.  I think it would take a bit of research to find the Ref and the two teams involved in this game.

It is called the Legendary Game.  Between Chicago and Toronto.  The game finished Penalty free and scoreless.  The entire game was 1 hour and 55 minutes.  (I believe including the intermissions)   Referee was Bill Chadwick.  February 20, 1944.

There have been roughly only 20 penalty free games in the history of the NHL.

Archived